Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 02:27 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Democrat run cities that have been being run into the ground for years now begging for federal bailout money in an attempt to "erase" years of horrible management.

It is kind of amazing. These politicians decimate their cities with their democratic policies and just wait on a pandemic to get bailed out. True scum buckets. I say let NYC rot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-26-2020, 10:26 PM)lastonealive Wrote: When did they declare it could be spread from person to person and when did they declare it can't be spread from person to person?

Hopefully you have some links this time.

This deflection is way off what you originally quoted me on but I'll try and let you get something right in your deflection attempt

Quote:January 14: The World Health Organization claims “there is no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission,” and that “no additional cases have been detected since 3 January 2020 in China.”

January 20: After previous denials, China confirms that the coronavirus can be transmitted human-to-human.

Timeline

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Gabe got his MSCCP talking points.
Those 40k people were American citizens returning home. They were tested and quarantined for 14 days.

(05-27-2020, 08:53 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 09:32 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The USA was following the WHO's claim of fact about the virus, namely that it couldn't be spread from person to person, a lie. There was no "fact" involved in their advice, and the admission that it could be spread from person to person was wisely acted on by Trump in the form of a travel ban rather than follow their globalist travel advice.

Do you not understand the difference between someone giving advice and someone stating a fact?

I keep seeing you (and Trump) tout this as THE measure that justifies any inaction or as a display of aggression in attempting to contain a virus that he continuously downplayed before and after the ban. 

He banned travel to China and temporarily banned entry from foreign nationals that had visited China in the previous two weeks. But not all international flights, not considering that anyone entering the US from the UK or elsewhere could have contracted the virus through any other means. Only US citizens that had been in China the previous two weeks were given enhanced screening at select ports. 

Notably, even after his travel ban, 40k people came to the US on flights from China.

Clearly in hindsight Trump should have banned travel from China earlier, made it more restrictive, and also banned travel from Europe. Trump is not an expert, and did what any POTUS would do and trust the experts.  He diverged from the experts with the travel ban which proved to be the correct call, although too little too late, and he also went against the experts by forcing the FDA and CDC to stop using rules not meant for this kind of crisis, also a correct call in hindsight. Trump failed to overrule them in every other case, but the times he did overrule them saved lives. There were plenty of mistakes made by people who were supposed to be experts that weren't overruled. 

What's your point, that we'd be better off with president Hillary following the expert advice 100% of the time while tens of thousands more died because at least she wouldn't be insulting people on Twitter?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-27-2020, 04:22 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 08:53 AM)Gabe Wrote: I keep seeing you (and Trump) tout this as THE measure that justifies any inaction or as a display of aggression in attempting to contain a virus that he continuously downplayed before and after the ban. 

He banned travel to China and temporarily banned entry from foreign nationals that had visited China in the previous two weeks. But not all international flights, not considering that anyone entering the US from the UK or elsewhere could have contracted the virus through any other means. Only US citizens that had been in China the previous two weeks were given enhanced screening at select ports. 

Notably, even after his travel ban, 40k people came to the US on flights from China.

Clearly in hindsight Trump should have banned travel from China earlier, made it more restrictive, and also banned travel from Europe. Trump is not an expert, and did what any POTUS would do and trust the experts.  He diverged from the experts with the travel ban which proved to be the correct call, although too little too late, and he also went against the experts by forcing the FDA and CDC to stop using rules not meant for this kind of crisis, also a correct call in hindsight. Trump failed to overrule them in every other case, but the times he did overrule them saved lives. There were plenty of mistakes made by people who were supposed to be experts that weren't overruled. 

What's your point, that we'd be better off with president Hillary following the expert advice 100% of the time while tens of thousands more died because at least she wouldn't be insulting people on Twitter?

Also, this was here in December.  There was no magic bullet to stopping infections in totality.  Moreover, with te data coming out of the CDC (IMR BETWEEN .4 and .26%) theres going to be renewed questions about the level of mitigation we undertook, up to and including the travel ban.

(05-27-2020, 04:06 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 10:26 PM)lastonealive Wrote: When did they declare it could be spread from person to person and when did they declare it can't be spread from person to person?

Hopefully you have some links this time.

This deflection is way off what you originally quoted me on but I'll try and let you get something right in your deflection attempt

Quote:January 14: The World Health Organization claims “there is no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission,” and that “no additional cases have been detected since 3 January 2020 in China.”

January 20: After previous denials, China confirms that the coronavirus can be transmitted human-to-human.

Timeline

January 21 - The US confirms first case.

January 22 - Trump says it's totally under control

January 31 - Trump orders travel ban to be enacted on Feb 2.

Yeah I think your deflection doesn't really stand up

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 08:29 PM by Gabe.)

(05-27-2020, 04:22 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 08:53 AM)Gabe Wrote: I keep seeing you (and Trump) tout this as THE measure that justifies any inaction or as a display of aggression in attempting to contain a virus that he continuously downplayed before and after the ban. 

My point, which you missed but somehow simultaneously proved in your own response, is that the travel ban you and Trump keep touting isn't the home run you seem to think it is.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 08:48 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Nearly half of all COVID-19 deaths in US are from LTC facilities mainly caused by Democrat governors like Andrew Cuomo

Cuomo is a murderer and he jokes with his brother on CNN while his policies murder people's grandparents.

(05-27-2020, 08:28 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 04:22 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Clearly in hindsight Trump should have banned travel from China earlier, made it more restrictive, and also banned travel from Europe. Trump is not an expert, and did what any POTUS would do and trust the experts.  He diverged from the experts with the travel ban which proved to be the correct call, although too little too late, and he also went against the experts by forcing the FDA and CDC to stop using rules not meant for this kind of crisis, also a correct call in hindsight. Trump failed to overrule them in every other case, but the times he did overrule them saved lives. There were plenty of mistakes made by people who were supposed to be experts that weren't overruled. 

My point, which you missed but somehow simultaneously proved in your own response, is that the travel ban you and Trump keep touting isn't the home run you seem to think it is.

Then you missed that I never claimed it was a "home run."

(05-27-2020, 09:01 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 08:28 PM)Gabe Wrote: My point, which you missed but somehow simultaneously proved in your own response, is that the travel ban you and Trump keep touting isn't the home run you seem to think it is.

Then you missed that I never claimed it was a "home run."

While we're on things that were missed, I never brought up Hillary.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(05-27-2020, 08:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Nearly half of all COVID-19 deaths in US are from LTC facilities mainly caused by Democrat governors like Andrew Cuomo

Cuomo is a murderer and he jokes with his brother on CNN while his policies murder people's grandparents.

Does that mean democrats are much better with the economy as they tend to run the more affluent states?

(05-27-2020, 09:06 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 09:01 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Then you missed that I never claimed it was a "home run."

While we're on things that were missed, I never brought up Hillary.

I used Hillary as a placeholder, since she was the most likely alternative to Trump. You can replace her name with any candidate for POTUS you think would have done a better job than Trump. Do you really think another POTUS would have risked doing anything that the experts didn't agree with? The travel ban and regulations cut each saved lives, maybe 10%, maybe more if the regulations would have been a bigger roadblock to the response than expected.

I was personally in the Cruz camp. Maybe he would have shut down travel from China earlier (and/or from Europe), but I doubt it. Trump is in a class by himself as far as taking on China. Cruz probably would have cut FDA regulations, I doubt if any other Pub candidate would have, and the Dems never cut a regulation, even if it cost lives. I don't know about Pence, a lot of Trump may have rubbed off on him.

So we go from everyone has to social distance and demonizing Republican governors for opening their states back up. When the economy started to open back up, it was we are going to kill people. When all of that didn't work, we now have huge protestors out on the street not obeying social distancing and all the Democrats are now fine with it?

Is this just a ploy to get the virus to spike again and try to close stuff back down? I guess the good side is if it doesn't spike, not reason to keep stuff shut down.

Wonder what Tony Fauchi is thinking right now......

(05-22-2020, 09:41 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/article...3620311806

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/04/lanc...ria-drugs/

(05-31-2020, 09:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wonder what Tony Fauchi is thinking right now......

[Image: 1oqyjx.gif]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Amazing how that works.

(06-04-2020, 10:54 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 09:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wonder what Tony Fauchi is thinking right now......

[Image: 1oqyjx.gif]

I rise in nomination of this post for the mb hall of fame.

In other news, Lancet had to retract the "bombshell" hit piece on HCQ.

Like the turd that just won't flush, Shady Tony is back!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dr-fauci-...rus-surges