Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NASCAR bans confederate flag

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2020, 08:21 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(06-11-2020, 08:16 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 07:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Never thought I'd see the day NASCAR bows to the cancel culture. Dale and Richard are rolling over in their graves.

Richard Petty is still alive...

Didn't realize that. Well, he will one day.

(06-11-2020, 08:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 08:16 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Richard Petty is still alive...
Bahahahahaha

Guess that shows just how un-racist I am for not following NASCAR, huh Cleat?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-10-2020, 06:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: NASCAR lost my interest quite a few years ago.  There are many just like me, hence the smaller crowds at the "races".  What is really sad is the fact that now they are essentially anti-First Amendment.

NASCAR is a privately owned company. Your Supreme Court appointees made the decision that private companies are not subject to the First Amendment.

MANHATTAN COMMUNITY ACCESS CORP. ET AL. v. HALLECK ET AL. 

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/18...2_h315.pdf

https://citiesspeak.org/2019/06/18/1st-a...Amendment.

(06-11-2020, 08:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 08:16 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Richard Petty is still alive...

Didn't realize that. Well, he will one day.

(06-11-2020, 08:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bahahahahaha

Hahahaha Whatever makes you feel better bud. Do you.

(06-11-2020, 09:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 08:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Didn't realize that. Well, he will one day.

Hahahaha Whatever makes you feel better bud. Do you.

I laughed.

I really thought he was dead. I'm glad he is alive

(06-11-2020, 08:44 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 06:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: NASCAR lost my interest quite a few years ago.  There are many just like me, hence the smaller crowds at the "races".  What is really sad is the fact that now they are essentially anti-First Amendment.

NASCAR is a privately owned company. Your Supreme Court appointees made the decision that private companies are not subject to the First Amendment.

MANHATTAN COMMUNITY ACCESS CORP. ET AL. v. HALLECK ET AL. 

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/18...2_h315.pdf

https://citiesspeak.org/2019/06/18/1st-a...Amendment.

I don't think there was any statement that private companies have to follow the 1st amendment. Leftist sue companies to try to make them approve of their life choices. People can choose where they spend their money, they don't need the government involved. Nascar will feel the effects of this when fans stop watching. I don't think most of them care, but they don't want Nascar telling them they can or can't do something.

I'm cool with it. Can we get some pressure to ban the hammer and the sickle and the sale of Che Guevara t-shirts?

(06-11-2020, 08:19 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 08:11 AM)The Drifter Wrote: NASCAR Truck Series driver says he’s leaving sport after new Confederate flag policy

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/nascar-truc...lag-policy

Truck Series? Oh boy, I hope someone told him that you can't fly a Confederate flag from your Uber either...

Today its a Truck Series driver. Tomorrow it is Richard Petty.

(06-11-2020, 01:05 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'm cool with it. Can we get some pressure to ban the hammer and the sickle and the sale of Che Guevara t-shirts?

Why? They don't mean anything to us now. They are just trademarks the kids like to wear to look cool and such.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-11-2020, 01:05 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'm cool with it. Can we get some pressure to ban the hammer and the sickle and the sale of Che Guevara t-shirts?

At NASCAR races? Or other sporting events?
Sure. I mean I don't think anyone's wearing those shirts now but why not preempt it?
The place you're most likely to see those symbols is liberal universities like the University of Colorado or UC Berkeley. Maybe you can campaign to have those places ban certain symbols? Should keep you busy for a while...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-11-2020, 01:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 08:19 AM)TJBender Wrote: Truck Series? Oh boy, I hope someone told him that you can't fly a Confederate flag from your Uber either...

Today its a Truck Series driver. Tomorrow it is Richard Petty.

Isn't he dead?

(06-11-2020, 02:42 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 01:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Today its a Truck Series driver. Tomorrow it is Richard Petty.

Isn't he dead?

<looks for thumbs up icon>

You guys are thinking of Adam. Petty, Adam Petty, not that liberal yahoo that reincarnated as Mikesez.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-11-2020, 03:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You guys are thinking of Adam. Petty, Adam Petty, not that liberal yahoo that reincarnated as Mikesez.

I know 43's alive. Was making fun of SC1 and I seem to have whooshed him. My day is complete.

This was RIchard Pettys car Wednesday Night, Driven by Bubba Wallace

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nascar/n...1oo4g4alyq
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Well, Ray Ciccarelli has left the sport because of it! And if you don't know who he is... well join everyone else in not knowing who he is.

(06-11-2020, 03:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You guys are thinking of Adam. Petty, Adam Petty, not that liberal yahoo that reincarnated as Mikesez.

I'm one of a kind and you know it, loverboy.  Nobody does it like me.  Love

(06-11-2020, 05:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:

I'm one of a kind and you know it, loverboy.  Nobody does it like me.  Love

Except Oklahomie, Adam2012, and Solid Snake.

(06-11-2020, 03:19 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Well, Ray Ciccarelli has left the sport because of it!  And if you don't know who he is... well join everyone else in not knowing who he is.
Ray and the Confederates both have the same amount of career wins.....

(06-11-2020, 06:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 05:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm one of a kind and you know it, loverboy.  Nobody does it like me.  Love

... and Wikipedia. Buuwahaahaa!! Laughing Laughing
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(06-11-2020, 06:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 05:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm one of a kind and you know it, loverboy.  Nobody does it like me.  Love

Ugh! You playing hard to get just makes it worse!  Wallbash

I actually don't remember Oklahomie.
I remember Solid Snake being argumentative but also funny.
I remember Adam2012 being a Never Trump Republican, like me, and more exasperated and exasperating than humorous, also like me.  Wonder where he went.  I'm not him though.  He never cared for you the way I do, nor did he ever complain about the rating system.