Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Rally - Tulsa, OK

(06-23-2020, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 04:36 PM)TJBender Wrote: Not sure if you've been paying attention, but these children eat Tide Pods and are going to make AOC the President in 2028.

And some people want to make it easier for these people to vote commit voter fraud by mail.

Fixed that for you.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-23-2020, 04:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: And some people want to make it easier for these people to vote commit voter fraud by mail.

Fixed that for you.

Did the neighborhood kids steal absentee ballots from your mailbox?

(06-23-2020, 05:02 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 04:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Fixed that for you.

Did the neighborhood kids steal absentee ballots from your mailbox?

Nope.  The only time I voted absentee was when I was on a ship serving my country.

FYI "voting by mail" is not the same as "absentee voting".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-23-2020, 05:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 05:02 PM)TJBender Wrote: Did the neighborhood kids steal absentee ballots from your mailbox?

Nope.  The only time I voted absentee was when I was on a ship serving my country.

Yeah, actually, it is. You ask for a ballot via mail, you get a ballot via mail, you return the ballot via mail. The terminology might be different, but it's the same thing.

(06-23-2020, 04:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 04:36 PM)TJBender Wrote: Not sure if you've been paying attention, but these children eat Tide Pods and are going to make AOC the President in 2028.

These are the same children defacing and destroying monuments.  They are also the same children setting up so-called "free speech zones" as long as they agree with the "free speech".  They are also the ones that take over areas of liberal cities and are screaming to de-fund the police.

These same children are also the ones that were educated indoctrinated in our colleges and universities.
Kids these days right?

First generation to ever have the older generation say that....

(06-23-2020, 02:13 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's hard to defend Donald Trump. I try to do it as little as possible, because he has proven time and time again that he is inconsistent and will throw his defenders  under the bus. Not worth it, imo.

(06-23-2020, 11:12 AM)JackCity Wrote: I don't hide behind anything. I quite openly detest the Democrats and their politicians and have posted numerous times about it. The American political left is not actually left
So, just so we're clear, your silence on the violence, intimidation, and censorship by the American left is due to the fact that they aren't left enough?

No. I'm saying i don't a damn about Democrats. 

What violence, intimidation and censorship by the American left would you like me to talk about?

(06-23-2020, 05:15 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 05:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Nope.  The only time I voted absentee was when I was on a ship serving my country.

Yeah, actually, it is. You ask for a ballot via mail, you get a ballot via mail, you return the ballot via mail. The terminology might be different, but it's the same thing.

The part in bold is the key thing.  When you request an absentee ballot you get it by certified mail which requires a signature.  Mass mailing ballots is not the same thing.  A mass mailing would include a ballot mailed to my staunchly republican neighbor that passed away last month.  The liberal that now lives at the residence would get it, fill it out with his/her choice (Biden LOL) then mail it back.  That's just one scenario that points out the flaw of "vote by mail".  There is no check or verification.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2020, 05:46 PM by The Real Marty.)

(06-23-2020, 01:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 12:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: WOW

This makes me wonder if he actually wants to win the election.  

"President Donald Trump insisted on Tuesday that he was serious when he revealed that he had directed his administration to slow coronavirus testing in the United States — shattering the defenses of senior White House aides who argued Trump’s remarks were made in jest."

Holy [BLEEP].  Unbelievable. 
Wait.... I thought it was tongue in cheek? Lol

SMH.

So many times Trump's people have gone out on a limb for him, and he has sawed off that limb.  Here we go again.

(06-23-2020, 05:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 05:15 PM)TJBender Wrote: Yeah, actually, it is. You ask for a ballot via mail, you get a ballot via mail, you return the ballot via mail. The terminology might be different, but it's the same thing.

The part in bold is the key thing.  When you request an absentee ballot you get it by certified mail which requires a signature.  Mass mailing ballots is not the same thing.  A mass mailing would include a ballot mailed to my staunchly republican neighbor that passed away last month.  The liberal that now lives at the residence would get it, fill it out with his/her choice (Biden LOL) then mail it back.  That's just one scenario that points out the flaw of "vote by mail".  There is no check or verification.

I vote by mail all the time and it's not certified mail.  I get a mail in ballot, which has to be signed by me, and they compare the signature on the ballot to the one they have on file for me.   When you say there is no check or verification, that is not true.

(06-23-2020, 05:15 PM)TJBender Wrote: Yeah, actually, it is. You ask for a ballot via mail, you get a ballot via mail, you return the ballot via mail. The terminology might be different, but it's the same thing.

Up in Georgia, it wouldn’t be an election without thousands of mail-in ballots from Democratic districts being rejected on a signature challenge...

Supervisor of Elections is supposed to be checking death records and the closing registration of people who die.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-24-2020, 11:00 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 05:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The part in bold is the key thing.  When you request an absentee ballot you get it by certified mail which requires a signature.  Mass mailing ballots is not the same thing.  A mass mailing would include a ballot mailed to my staunchly republican neighbor that passed away last month.  The liberal that now lives at the residence would get it, fill it out with his/her choice (Biden LOL) then mail it back.  That's just one scenario that points out the flaw of "vote by mail".  There is no check or verification.

Supervisor of Elections is supposed to be checking death records and the closing registration of people who die.

Florida doesn't clear their voter rolls. I moved out of Florida and registered to vote in another state. Absentee ballots kept coming for years, maybe 10 years. Even calling the Supervisor of Elections and notifying them didn't get me removed. Notifying the party also didn't do anything. I could or the people getting the ballot could have voted in every election even though I was voting in another state.

There is mass fraud at every level.

(06-24-2020, 08:54 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 11:00 AM)mikesez Wrote: Supervisor of Elections is supposed to be checking death records and the closing registration of people who die.

Florida doesn't clear their voter rolls. I moved out of Florida and registered to vote in another state. Absentee ballots kept coming for years, maybe 10 years. Even calling the Supervisor of Elections and notifying them didn't get me removed. Notifying the party also didn't do anything. I could or the people getting the ballot could have voted in every election even though I was voting in another state.

That's a random error that you didn't even exploit.
Errors like that are random, and not prevalent enough to tilt an election.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-24-2020, 08:54 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 11:00 AM)mikesez Wrote: Supervisor of Elections is supposed to be checking death records and the closing registration of people who die.

If states can't handle simple tasks like a merge file that compares registered voter names and addresses to the DMF and remove the dead people, then maybe federal elections should be overseen by the federal government?

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2020, 02:12 AM by p_rushing.)

(06-24-2020, 09:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 08:54 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Florida doesn't clear their voter rolls. I moved out of Florida and registered to vote in another state. Absentee ballots kept coming for years, maybe 10 years. Even calling the Supervisor of Elections and notifying them didn't get me removed. Notifying the party also didn't do anything. I could or the people getting the ballot could have voted in every election even though I was voting in another state.

That's a random error that you didn't even exploit.
Errors like that are random, and not prevalent enough to tilt an election.

It's not random in Florida. I voted absentee while in college, but once I moved they didn't stop sending them. I know other people that it happened to when leaving Florida. Most people don't have someone they know at their old address to let them know the ballot keeps showing up.

I thought maybe it was just a sample ballot, but they were the real thing after I saw one. Like i said it wasn't just me. They said at some point they would get around to removing me, they also knew it was an issue affecting a lot of people.

(06-23-2020, 06:19 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 05:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The part in bold is the key thing.  When you request an absentee ballot you get it by certified mail which requires a signature.  Mass mailing ballots is not the same thing.  A mass mailing would include a ballot mailed to my staunchly republican neighbor that passed away last month.  The liberal that now lives at the residence would get it, fill it out with his/her choice (Biden LOL) then mail it back.  That's just one scenario that points out the flaw of "vote by mail".  There is no check or verification.

Up in Georgia, it wouldn’t be an election without thousands of mail-in ballots from Democratic districts being rejected on a signature challenge...

Funny you mention that, cause when my ballot was ‘never turned in’ in Sacramento, even tho I dropped it off directly at county office, I wasn’t voting demorcrat.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(06-24-2020, 10:18 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 08:54 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Florida doesn't clear their voter rolls. I moved out of Florida and registered to vote in another state. Absentee ballots kept coming for years, maybe 10 years. Even calling the Supervisor of Elections and notifying them didn't get me removed. Notifying the party also didn't do anything. I could or the people getting the ballot could have voted in every election even though I was voting in another state.

If states can't handle simple tasks like a merge file that compares registered voter names and addresses to the DMF and remove the dead people, then maybe federal elections should be overseen by the federal government?

Lol, that seems like a backwards way of solving bureaucratic problems.

So, speaking of the Trump rally in Tulsa, which is the thread topic after all, what did you guys think about Trump saying he wanted to slow down testing so we wouldn't show so many cases? Seems like a pretty dumb thing to think, and even dumber to say out loud. And then when his people went on TV to tell us he was only joking, Trump comes out the next day and says, he wasn't joking, he was serious.

Yeah, no idea. I can't say I agree with it.

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2020, 09:27 AM by KingIngram052787.)

(06-25-2020, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, speaking of the Trump rally in Tulsa, which is the thread topic after all, what did you guys think about Trump saying he wanted to slow down testing so we wouldn't show so many cases?   Seems like a pretty dumb thing to think, and even dumber to say out loud.  And then when his people went on TV to tell us he was only joking, Trump comes out the next day and says, he wasn't joking, he was serious.

Trump is an idiot, it's pretty clear every time he opens his mouth, but after watching his interview where he says "i don't kid," if you keep watching, listening to him made me think he was saying he was serious about more testing = more positive cases and that's just how it's going to be.  Fauci noted that the task force had not been asked to slow testing.  I, personally, think he was saying it in jest and then him saying "I don't kid" is just Trump being a dweeb with this typical "tough guy" attitude that he has to reporters when they ask him tough questions.

(06-25-2020, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, speaking of the Trump rally in Tulsa, which is the thread topic after all, what did you guys think about Trump saying he wanted to slow down testing so we wouldn't show so many cases?   Seems like a pretty dumb thing to think, and even dumber to say out loud.  And then when his people went on TV to tell us he was only joking, Trump comes out the next day and says, he wasn't joking, he was serious.

(06-25-2020, 09:26 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Trump is an idiot, it's pretty clear every time he opens his mouth, but after watching his interview where he says "i don't kid," if you keep watching, listening to him made me think he was saying he was serious about more testing = more positive cases and that's just how it's going to be.  Fauci noted that the task force had not been asked to slow testing.  I, personally, think he was saying it in jest and then him saying "I don't kid" is just Trump being a dweeb with this typical "tough guy" attitude that he has to reporters when they ask him tough questions.

Testing and confirmed cases doesn't matter too much. What matters is how many people have to be admitted. Testing # do help with get statistics and determining how many people are admitted, but ultimately they don't matter. His commit was more around people are blaming him because people test positive, its not that people are now dying. If you have less people test positive, then the same # of people go to the hospital. Did it change anything other than not giving the media something to complain about?

I would test as many people as possible, but I get what he was saying about the reporting of the numbers.