Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Redskins to change name

Looks like it will happen this time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So what will be the new name?

“Corrupters“
“Gridlockers”
“Officious Fools”
“Pandering Bureaucrats”
“Worthless”

(07-13-2020, 07:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: So what will be the new name?

“Corrupters“
“Gridlockers”
“Officious Fools”
“Pandering Bureaucrats”
“Worthless”

Your name brings up an idea.  Why not biscuits?  Everyone loves biscuits.  The Washington Biscuits.

(07-13-2020, 08:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 07:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: So what will be the new name?

“Corrupters“
“Gridlockers”
“Officious Fools”
“Pandering Bureaucrats”
“Worthless”

Your name brings up an idea.  Why not biscuits?  Everyone loves biscuits.  The Washington Biscuits.

Already taken. 

https://www.milb.com/montgomery

(07-13-2020, 08:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Your name brings up an idea.  Why not biscuits?  Everyone loves biscuits.  The Washington Biscuits.

It's not safe to include Washington in the name, they will have to remove it soon. They need figure out a hero of the left to name the team.

Once we found out that 90% of native americans were not offended by it, I thought the name would never change since it is no longer offensive. But I didnt anticipate the white savior complex to grow as large as it has.

As far as Snyder is concerned, it's almost a win win. He can pretend he is woke scoring all the white savior brownie points. Plus it's a great money making opportunity for him. Every fan who sticks with the team will fork over a bunch of money for new gear. And then will be able to sell a bunch of retro gear in the future when everyone realizes how dumb this is. The only people really offended by the name change will be more conservative leaning types but they dont typically boycott things so I dont think there will be a huge exodus of fans.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 11:19 AM by JagsorDie.)

The CHAZ Warlords?

Get rid of the pesky Washington name.

Or CHOP Zone warlords

Replace seats with tents and replace police with yoga instructors carrying AR15s . Easy fix

A move to the Political Forum is inevitable.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-13-2020, 12:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: A move to the Political Forum is inevitable.

Well, they aren’t exactly changing their name for football related reasons, are they?

Great, this feels way overdue. Kudos to the organization for doing a difficult thing and moving past the name.

(07-13-2020, 10:33 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Once we found out that 90% of native americans were not offended by it, I thought the name would never change since it is no longer offensive. But I didnt anticipate the white savior complex to grow as large as it has.

As far as Snyder is concerned, it's almost a win win.  He can pretend he is woke scoring all the white savior brownie points.  Plus it's a great money making opportunity for him. Every fan who sticks with the team will fork over a bunch of money for new gear.  And then will be able to sell a bunch of retro gear in the future when everyone realizes how dumb this is.  The only people really offended by the name change will be more conservative leaning types but they dont typically boycott things so I dont think there will be a huge exodus of fans.

There was another more scientific poll that had different results than the Washington Post poll you are referring to.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/02/04/nat...ts-survey/

How about the Washington George's. People who love America will appreciate the throw back to America's first president, and people who don't will appreciate the nod to the incident that is ushering in systemic change.

(07-13-2020, 01:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: How about the Washington George's. People who love America will appreciate the throw back to America's first president, and people who don't will appreciate the nod to the incident that is ushering in systemic change.

Leaves me breathless.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If they had changed it like over 10 years ago, they should have just gone to Washington Football Club. That won't work anymore in this social environment.

Don't really like other names proposed. Warriors is already used by an NBA team. Defenders feels like it was created by Marvel or a MLS team. Red Wolves is just so generic. Redtails seems like an honor, but if they don't do stuff in their memory (museum, documentary, help descendants of those men, etc), it will eventually face same criticism as Blackhawks, Indians, Braves, or Chiefs.

Maybe something more reverential to all military?

(07-13-2020, 03:16 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: If they had changed it like over 10 years ago, they should have just gone to Washington Football Club. That won't work anymore in this social environment.

Don't really like other names proposed. Warriors is already used by an NBA team. Defenders feels like it was created by Marvel or a MLS team. Red Wolves is just so generic. Redtails seems like an honor, but if they don't do stuff in their memory (museum, documentary, help descendants of those men, etc), it will eventually face same criticism as Blackhawks, Indians, Braves, or Chiefs.

“United”???

Not sure you could find a name that is further from where our country currently sits. But I like the name. I know the mls team is named that but mls is absolute joke.

(07-13-2020, 03:31 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 03:16 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: If they had changed it like over 10 years ago, they should have just gone to Washington Football Club. That won't work anymore in this social environment.

“United”???

Not sure you could find a name that is further from where our country currently sits. But I like the name. I know the mls team is named that but mls is absolute joke.

Maybe. Some other ideas:
Washington Currents
Washington Stripes
Washington Glory
Washington Allied
Washington Alleghenies

Should have changed the logo to a potato so they could keep the redskin name.

I'm pretty bummed they gave in... but money talks and minority owners were talking of selling, FedEx was going to not renew naming rights for the stadium, Amazon and many others stopped selling merch.
Damn shame... Oh well... gotta keep the checks rollin in, eh Snyder?

2020 is going down as the longest year ever... and we're only half way through it...
And I'll stop there cuz this isn't the proper forum for the rant that could easily follow lol

(07-13-2020, 04:06 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 03:31 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: “United”???

Maybe. Some other ideas:
Washington Currents
Washington Stripes
Washington Glory
Washington Allied
Washington Alleghenies

The Washington Monuments
The Washington Cherry Blossoms
The Washington Memorials
The Washington Foggy Bottoms
The Washington Mall
The Washington Smithsonians
The Washington Cathedrals
The Washington Tidal Basin
The Washington Riot
The Washington Dee-Cees

The Washington Monuments - "Nobody takes us down!"

I'm rather partial to the Red Wolves, but they'll probably go with something generic like "Washington Warriors"