Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

I hear the Rams still have some first round pics this decade....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The team is not at any fault with what happened. I don’t know if it was his agent that told him he was worth more than he is worth or he demanded the 22 million a year. But the team offered him 19 million on a short term contract then he wanted so he had every right to turn it down. But the bottom line is he was not worth 22 million and no team was ready to pay him that. So the best thing he can do is play under the tag in hopes for a trade next year

(07-15-2020, 04:39 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: The team is not at any fault with what happened. I don’t know if it was his agent that told him he was worth more than he is worth or he demanded the 22 million a year. But the team offered him 19 million on a short term contract then he wanted so he had every right to turn it down. But the bottom line is he was not worth 22 million and no team was ready to pay him that. So the best thing he can do is play under the tag in hopes for a trade next year

Players want guarantees in their contract. We don't know how much of that 19 million per year were guaranteed. He also wanted a long term deal which is the same thing that any player wants. Coughlin walked away from the negotiating table after giving them is only offer and that soured Ngakoue and his agent. Why wouldn't it?

Coughlin has screwed over this team twice now.

(07-15-2020, 05:15 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 04:39 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: The team is not at any fault with what happened. I don’t know if it was his agent that told him he was worth more than he is worth or he demanded the 22 million a year. But the team offered him 19 million on a short term contract then he wanted so he had every right to turn it down. But the bottom line is he was not worth 22 million and no team was ready to pay him that. So the best thing he can do is play under the tag in hopes for a trade next year

Players want guarantees in their contract. We don't know how much of that 19 million per year were guaranteed. He also wanted a long term deal which is the same thing that any player wants. Coughlin walked away from the negotiating table after giving them is only offer and that soured Ngakoue and his agent. Why wouldn't it?

Wanting something isn't realistic when there is a CBA in place. There are rules you have to follow. He tried to fight the rules because of principle and now he is finding out how stupid he is.

He lost $17 million last year and now appears he is going to lose the tag money this year. What deal is going to make up for all that money he lost? No team is going to pay him $30 million more than anyone else to make up for the money he lost.

(07-15-2020, 05:29 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 05:15 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Players want guarantees in their contract. We don't know how much of that 19 million per year were guaranteed. He also wanted a long term deal which is the same thing that any player wants. Coughlin walked away from the negotiating table after giving them is only offer and that soured Ngakoue and his agent. Why wouldn't it?

Wanting something isn't realistic when there is a CBA in place. There are rules you have to follow. He tried to fight the rules because of principle and now he is finding out how stupid he is.

He lost $17 million last year and now appears he is going to lose the tag money this year. What deal is going to make up for all that money he lost? No team is going to pay him $30 million more than anyone else to make up for the money he lost.

Why are you getting stuck on a contract figure as if that was the sole reason this deal didn't happen? If they had offered him a 3 year deal worth 19 million per year with a good chunk of guarantees then I'd be all over him.

Players want guarantees in their contracts to protect against injuries. We don't know how much was guaranteed, but the rumor is that there wasn't enough.

(07-15-2020, 03:16 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I think the “livestock” line is a little much considering he could sign something that would make him 17million dollars. If that’s livestock sign me up!!

But, the Jags shouldn’t be doing this, we need to repair our relationship with the NFLPA not make it worse. If someone offers a 2nd and 4th I think you gotta take it.

1st rounder or no deal.

Guy bet on himself and lost. Happens all the time.

So now what is he forced to sit out since he didn’t sign the tender today?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I don't give a rat's [BLEEP] what he does.

(07-15-2020, 07:16 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So now what is he forced to sit out since he didn’t sign the tender today?
He can still sign it. Chances now are that he sits out at least through training camp. Maybe even sits until the deadline for the season counting as a played season, which is around week 7-8.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

If he sits out the season he even makes his situation worse for any kind of a big money contract.

(07-15-2020, 08:27 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: If he sits out the season he even makes his situation worse for any kind of a big money contract.
Yep. The guy truly doesn't have a leg to stand on in this...... Jags have the upper hand in every aspect right now.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

(07-15-2020, 05:15 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:

True, we don't know the specifics of the offer. But if it was really that bad, why hasn't Yannick's team leaked it? Especially after he said categorically we wanted to play elsewhere? Especially, after he fought with the Owner's son on twitter? People understand wanting guaranteed money. It is not minutiae that will go over people's head. Plus, everyone in NFL expects leaks today. If it was that bad, he could win some good will for saying no. That makes me think it was reasonable. Especially, when compared to the '20 FA contracts.

Also, this can no longer be a Coughlin-only thing. YN acted as if resigning with the Jags was a non-starter well after Coughlin was fired. He has soured on others too.

Given there will be revenue cuts this year due to limited fans, at a minimum, and the cap will take some hits in upcoming seasons, he has to play. No one can tell him what the FA market will look like in '21 and '22, and it will most likely not favor the players.

(07-15-2020, 10:10 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 05:15 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Players want guarantees in their contract. We don't know how much of that 19 million per year were guaranteed. He also wanted a long term deal which is the same thing that any player wants. Coughlin walked away from the negotiating table after giving them is only offer and that soured Ngakoue and his agent. Why wouldn't it?

True, we don't know the specifics of the offer. But if it was really that bad, why hasn't Yannick's team leaked it? Especially after he said categorically we wanted to play elsewhere? Especially, after he fought with the Owner's son on twitter? People understand wanting guaranteed money. It is not minutiae that will go over people's head. Plus, everyone in NFL expects leaks today. If it was that bad, he could win some good will for saying no. That makes me think it was reasonable. Especially, when compared to the '20 FA contracts.

Also, this can no longer be a Coughlin-only thing. YN acted as if resigning with the Jags was a non-starter well after Coughlin was fired. He has soured on others too.

Given there will be revenue cuts this year due to limited fans, at a minimum, and the cap will take some hits in upcoming seasons, he has to play. No one can tell him what the FA market will look like in '21 and '22, and it will most likely not favor the players.

The NFL can spread the cap hits out pretty easily with minimal impact

(07-15-2020, 10:10 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Never underestimate the worst agent in professional football.

(07-15-2020, 08:27 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: If he sits out the season he even makes his situation worse for any kind of a big money contract.

Yup, Yan is the only one who has lost out in this deal.  Well, and his agent, who is one of if not the worst agent in football.  Yan will be going on to losing almost 40 mil and we can tag him again next year.  Alot of us called this lol

(07-16-2020, 07:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Yup, Yan is the only one who has lost out in this deal.  Well, and his agent, who is one of if not the worst agent in football.  Yan will be going on to losing almost 40 mil and we can tag him again next year.  Alot of us called this lol

Follow the Jalen Ramsey path. No wait, take it a step further and insult the owners family on Twitter they said. They will give you what you want Yanny.

(07-16-2020, 08:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 07:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yup, Yan is the only one who has lost out in this deal.  Well, and his agent, who is one of if not the worst agent in football.  Yan will be going on to losing almost 40 mil and we can tag him again next year.  Alot of us called this lol

Follow the Jalen Ramsey path. No wait, take it a step further and insult the owners family on Twitter they said. They will give you what you want Yanny.

Yan seems like a very prideful person, who will stand on principle even though it hurts him- in this case of course, financially.  

The thing that surprises me a little bit is that no one can get through to him and make him see reason on this.  It seems so obvious to us that he is blowing off many many millions of dollars that he can never get back no matter what kind of contract he signs in the future.  The money he could have earned in 2019 is gone forever.  Pretty soon, the money he could have earned for 2020 will be gone forever.  And he can never sign a contract big enough to get back that money.  

A rational person would climb down from this high and mighty position of principle and do the rational thing.  It's hard to understand.

I said it long ago. Khan would never again let one of his players force their way off his team like sweet Jalen did. Especially considering that they made him a nice offer a year early. No owner in the NFL should allow it either IMO. That is the privilege one has as an owner and the reason that there are contracts and a agreed upon CBA.

Yann is sure not the brightest LED on the strip that's for sure. Oh, by the way, for those wondering why the details of that offer have not been released is that the team doesn't have to and Yann won't because he knows how greedy it will make him appear. I mean if it was that crappy of an offer he would have wasted no time in leaking it out to help his cause of painting the Jags suck bad portrait. At this point I believe I have a tomato sitting on my counter with more common sense than Yann.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(07-15-2020, 06:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 03:16 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I think the “livestock” line is a little much considering he could sign something that would make him 17million dollars. If that’s livestock sign me up!!

But, the Jags shouldn’t be doing this, we need to repair our relationship with the NFLPA not make it worse. If someone offers a 2nd and 4th I think you gotta take it.

1st rounder or no deal.

Or equal value. The rumor that was floated about Njoku plus a pick I probably would have taken.
Some sort of 2nd round pick and a player would be feasible imo.

But the reason Yan isn't being traded is the fact that he is wanting a blockbuster deal and teams aren't usually willing to part with that much draft capital and have to sign the guy to cap crunching contract.

Yan is playing for the Jags or not at all. And if he chooses to sit, he'll be forced to make the same decision the next season.
If there is no 2020 season that complicates things even further for him, I think, depending on how the league and NFLPA agree to work the contract years out.