Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(07-23-2020, 11:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 10:47 AM)Rico Wrote: Well, started  packing up the belongings for the move.  Boy have I acquired a lot of [BLEEP] since I moved here in 1991.  And a lot of that [BLEEP] will not be making the trip with me.

Put it outside with a For Sale sign attached. It'll all be gone by morning.

LOL.  No "for sale" sign needed.  I put a lot of "stuff" that I had accumulated "just in case" out by the curb the day before trash pickup and it was gone within a couple of hours.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-23-2020, 06:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 11:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Put it outside with a For Sale sign attached. It'll all be gone by morning.

LOL.  No "for sale" sign needed.  I put a lot of "stuff" that I had accumulated "just in case" out by the curb the day before trash pickup and it was gone within a couple of hours.

No [BLEEP].  Half the time part of my trash is gone by the time I wake up in the morning.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Well, by the time I woke up this morning my garbage pile had decreased by about 50%.

(07-24-2020, 05:07 PM)Rico Wrote: Well, by the time I woke up this morning my garbage pile had decreased by about 50%.

Organic recycling. I have a neighbor that always takes our stuff we leave out. I imagine at least half of her house is decorated with stuff my wife has moved on from.

(07-25-2020, 01:50 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 05:07 PM)Rico Wrote: Well, by the time I woke up this morning my garbage pile had decreased by about 50%.

Organic recycling. I have a neighbor that always takes our stuff we leave out. I imagine at least half of her house is decorated with stuff my wife has moved on from.

This is something I have only ever witnessed in Jacksonville on the level that it does, and I've lived in more cities and states than I can remember.

Boy I have a lot of boxes. And that's after selling, donating, and tossing.

(07-31-2020, 07:48 AM)Rico Wrote: Boy I have a lot of boxes. And that's after selling, donating, and tossing.

Is this a Hugh Hefner quote?

Anyone watch NASA launch the newest Mars rover? Those Russian rocket engines work good.

(07-31-2020, 08:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 07:48 AM)Rico Wrote: Boy I have a lot of boxes.  And that's after selling, donating, and tossing.

Is this a Hugh Hefner quote?

You just made my day.   Laughing

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Man, packing this weekend I found out one thing for sure.

I have a lot of [BLEEP] coathangers.

(08-02-2020, 07:32 AM)Rico Wrote: Man, packing this weekend I found out one thing for sure.

I have a lot of [BLEEP] coathangers.

I don't envy you. I used to move so often I never accumulated anything so there wasn't much to pack. I've been married 8.5 years now to a pack rat and have acquired stuff as well. I dread the day we will sell this place, pack stuff up and move to the house we inherited when his grandma died. It will be at the earliest five years from now. I'm working on downsizing already.

I figure if I ever move out of my house at this point, I’m just gonna burn it down and start over. I’m not packing this crap! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Congrats to SpaceX for successfully launching two astronauts to the ISS and safely returning them to Earth.  The U.S. is finally back in the astronaut launch business.

For the first time the family were seriously putting pieces in place for our big move. I’ve dreamed of leaving Florida and heading out to Wyoming, I think the wife is coming around. Put some applications out last night and a few more today. First step is to figure out the employment situation found a few employers with openings that are in my line of work.

Next we would have to sell our property and everything in it can’t really imagine taking a massive haul from here to Wyoming if we go it’s a restart.

Hardest part is imagining leaving the family. My parents are next door her parents are 30 min away but I feel the window closing if we don’t go soon we never will. Not sure I want to have my kids set roots here in Florida anymore.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(08-10-2020, 08:02 PM)EricC85 Wrote: For the first time the family were seriously putting pieces in place for our big move. I’ve dreamed of leaving Florida and heading out to Wyoming, I think the wife is coming around. Put some applications out last night and a few more today. First step is to figure out the employment situation found a few employers with openings that are in my line of work.

Next we would have to sell our property and everything in it can’t really imagine taking a massive haul from here to Wyoming if we go it’s a restart.

Hardest part is imagining leaving the family. My parents are next door her parents are 30 min away but I feel the window closing if we don’t go soon we never will. Not sure I want to have my kids set roots here in Florida anymore.

Good Luck
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(08-10-2020, 08:02 PM)EricC85 Wrote: For the first time the family were seriously putting pieces in place for our big move. I’ve dreamed of leaving Florida and heading out to Wyoming, I think the wife is coming around. Put some applications out last night and a few more today. First step is to figure out the employment situation found a few employers with openings that are in my line of work.

The best of luck to you, Eric. You're right, the window is closing. Go while youth, ambition and energy are on your side. 

The down side is you will have to buy and use actual winter clothes. How horrible.

(08-10-2020, 09:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

The best of luck to you, Eric. You're right, the window is closing. Go while youth, ambition and energy are on your side. 

The down side is you will have to buy and use actual winter clothes. How horrible.

Thats the concerning part I’ve never even seen snow much less lived in it but I think we can adapt

(08-10-2020, 11:00 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 09:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The best of luck to you, Eric. You're right, the window is closing. Go while youth, ambition and energy are on your side. 

Thats the concerning part I’ve never even seen snow much less lived in it but I think we can adapt

You'll learn to deal with the snow pretty fast, it's the relentless cold that tends to gnaw. One thing I miss about living in cold winters is the sensations of spring. You can feel the warm air currents mixed in with the waning chill of winter, and the smell of the earth beginning to thaw and come back to life permeates the air. It was my favorite time of the year.

Realtor is coming out tomorrow to give us an idea what to expect and what to fix up before we list the house. Also got a few calls from shops asking how serious we are about moving. Looks more like west Wyoming is where we want to end up closer to the Idaho border.

I smell vinegar  Sad