Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(08-13-2020, 03:02 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I smell vinegar  Sad

A bad thing in the grape business?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I stood outside and gaped at the sky for a few minutes just before sunrise this morning. I saw two shooting stars from the Perseid meteor shower and followed the Hubble space telescope as it rose in the west, skirted a brilliant Mars, and disappeared towards the rising sun. Pretty darn cool.

(08-13-2020, 08:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I stood outside and gaped at the sky for a few minutes just before sunrise this morning. I saw two shooting stars from the Perseid meteor shower and followed the Hubble space telescope as it rose in the west, skirted a brilliant Mars, and disappeared towards the rising sun. Pretty darn cool.

You are such a nerd! 

But we  Love you anyway!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-13-2020, 05:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 03:02 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I smell vinegar  Sad

A bad thing in the grape business?

Acetic acid bacteria. I'd better get them on the ground.

(08-13-2020, 08:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I stood outside and gaped at the sky for a few minutes just before sunrise this morning. I saw two shooting stars from the Perseid meteor shower and followed the Hubble space telescope as it rose in the west, skirted a brilliant Mars, and disappeared towards the rising sun. Pretty darn cool.

Fellow space nerd here.

(08-13-2020, 01:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

You are such a nerd! 

But we  Love you anyway!

Aww shucks   Smile

Here's a replay:

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2020, 08:14 PM by Jags.)

Welp, I’ve lost 30 pounds, quit drinking, except for the few times I do drink!   Well I don’t drink well more than I do and have taken up a couple extra hobbies that I now have money for.  Work has been insane in a good way.   Not that many or any would care.  Been laying off the technology.  Been having a great time and trying to better myself.  I hope all of you are safe and healthy.  Just wanted to check in.

Oh, and I’m jealous I didn’t get to see what HB saw.  That must’ve been cool!

(08-13-2020, 08:12 PM)Jags Wrote: Welp, I’ve lost 30 pounds, quit drinking, except for the few times I do drink!   Well I don’t drink well more than I do and have taken up a couple extra hobbies that I now have money for.  Work has been insane in a good way.   Not that many or any would care.  Been laying off the technology.  Been having a great time and trying to better myself.  I hope all of you are safe and healthy.  Just wanted to check in.

Oh, and I’m jealous I didn’t get to see what HB saw.  That must’ve been cool!

Good on ya Jags. And talk work all you want , I do. 

I've actually wanted to get into your business for a few years.

Closing on the house in Fort Worth (from Jacksonville) on Monday.

It's fer real now.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-14-2020, 04:54 PM)Rico Wrote: Closing on the house in Fort Worth (from Jacksonville) on Monday.

It's fer real now.

You in Texas, Eric going to Wyoming, Deacon in California, Bunnie does a show in Vegas. Everyone is heading west.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 05:28 PM by RicoTx.)

The real fun starts next Friday.  A friend and I drive my wife's car out and a 26 foot Pennske truck filled with everything but the furniture.

Following week I go out again, solo, with all of my wife's plants and leave the truck there.  That'll get both vehicles out there.

Then we move fer real on 9/2.  Rented a big panel van to take any remaining items and the dogs.  Three 1100 mile drives in less than two weeks.  Wheeeeeee!!!

What could possibly go wrong?

[Image: nationallampoon-e1435008215490.jpg]

(08-14-2020, 05:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 04:54 PM)Rico Wrote: Closing on the house in Fort Worth (from Jacksonville) on Monday.

It's fer real now.

You in Texas, Eric going to Wyoming, Deacon in California, Bunnie does a show in Vegas. Everyone is heading west.

Deacon and I have met up a time or two. He's doing well.

It's fer real now.
In four weeks we will be closing on one of these. Take delivery in August of 2021. Custom baby. Caribbean bound.

https://www.catamarans-fountaine-pajot.c...n-saba-50/

[Image: saba-50-fountaine-pajot-sailing-catamarans-img-1.jpg]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-15-2020, 02:05 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 05:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You in Texas, Eric going to Wyoming, Deacon in California, Bunnie does a show in Vegas. Everyone is heading west.

Deacon and I have met up a time or two. He's doing well.

Tell him he’s allowed to stop by and say hi every now and then...so it look like he still cares!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-15-2020, 12:02 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 02:05 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Deacon and I have met up a time or two. He's doing well.

Tell him he’s allowed to stop by and say hi every now and then...so it look like he still cares!

I've asked a time or two, don't hold your breath  Sad

(08-15-2020, 11:16 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

It's fer real now.
In four weeks we will be closing on one of these. Take delivery in August of 2021. Custom baby. Caribbean bound.

You sail? I would love one of those. Congrats man!

Are you moving down there?

(08-15-2020, 01:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 12:02 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Tell him he’s allowed to stop by and say hi every now and then...so it look like he still cares!

I've asked a time or two, don't hold your breath  Sad

(08-15-2020, 11:16 AM)Jagwired Wrote: In four weeks we will be closing on one of these. Take delivery in August of 2021. Custom baby. Caribbean bound.

Yes and thanks.

We wont be there permanent.  Caribbean/Latin America for a couple of years then maybe a Pacific crossing. Would like to circumnavigate. Will keep the home base in Jax though.

(08-15-2020, 01:42 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 01:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I've asked a time or two, don't hold your breath  Sad

Yes and thanks.

We wont be there permanent.  Caribbean/Latin America for a couple of years then maybe a Pacific crossing. Would like to circumnavigate. Will keep the home base in Jax though.

Nice, not quite the same but I used to sail an Aquarius 23, fun stuff. 

Before Covid hit, I was Latin America a few times. See if you can convince the wife to stop by Isla Cholon for spring break and thank me later.  Banana

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 07:42 PM by Jagwired.)

(08-15-2020, 02:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 01:42 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Yes and thanks.

Nice, not quite the same but I used to sail an Aquarius 23, fun stuff. 

Before Covid hit, I was Latin America a few times. See if you can convince the wife to stop by Isla Cholon for spring break and thank me later.  Banana
Yeah, it's almost not fair to call it sailing with this thing. With today's tech you damn near just punch in a destination. I had a older Hunter 410 mono hull that I took to the VI's one year via  "The I-65" route and sailed a lot of  "The Gentleman's Passage South" through the Bahamas another season. I don't dig the life on the lean with mono's.

The damn Covid might end up having a huge role in everything we sorta have planned. No big deal unless it delays the completion of the boat which will suck bad if that happens.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 06:12 AM by RicoTx.)

Man.  My last ever Sunday morning bteakfast at the Beach Diner in Mandarin.

Sad

(08-16-2020, 06:12 AM)Rico Wrote: Man.  My last ever Sunday morning bteakfast at the Beach Diner in Mandarin.

Sad

Ever? You have no reason to come back at all?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato