Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oliver Hurt again

I hope he is not one of those guys like Lee who stays hurt.  Broken foot

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2020/08...r-tuesday/
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-18-2020, 07:36 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I hope he is not one of those guys like Lee who stays hurt.  Broken foot

Wallbash

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

As I understand it, he's out for about 6 to 8 weeks, so that would bring him back by mid-October.

What concerns me is the bone broke during non-contact activity. He was running. I don't want to say he's fragile, but dang.

Well, if there's a year to be injury prone, this is it. I hope he heals well and comes back strong.

*BEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

The 2 picks in Round 3 last year are a total bust

Josh Oliver
Quinnen Williams' brother

(08-19-2020, 10:40 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The 2 picks in Round 3 last year are a total bust

Josh Oliver

Not yet.  Things may still work out for both of those.

(08-19-2020, 10:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 10:40 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The 2 picks in Round 3 last year are a total bust

Josh Oliver

Not yet.  Things may still work out for both of those.

Yeah. This third injury to Oliver is disconcerting but it doesn't put him in bust territory yet. 
Maybe he gets on the field in November and begins to show value. 

Quincy Williams could easily turn out to be good at WLB especially if Jack underwhelms there this season. 
Myles Jack could be released after this season leaving only 14 mil of his 57 mil contract as dead money.
Williams has shown the athletic ability but not the football IQ for the spot just yet. He's got time to do that now. Remember he was essentially a safety in college.

(08-19-2020, 11:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 10:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Not yet.  Things may still work out for both of those.

Yeah. This third injury to Oliver is disconcerting but it doesn't put him in bust territory yet. 
Maybe he gets on the field in November and begins to show value. 

Quincy Williams could easily turn out to be good at WLB especially if Jack underwhelms there this season. 
Myles Jack could be released after this season leaving only 14 mil of his 57 mil contract as dead money.
Williams has shown the athletic ability but not the football IQ for the spot just yet. He's got time to do that now. Remember he was essentially a safety in college.

Naw, man. If a rookie, 3rd round, small school, new position playing Will linebacker isn't Derrick Brooks in year one then he turrible.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Oliver will make it back just in time to contribute for our playoff run. Or something.

(08-19-2020, 01:09 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Oliver will make it back just in time to contribute for our playoff run. Or something.
Or he will immediately get hurt or the league will shutdown because of covid

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(08-18-2020, 07:36 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I hope he is not one of those guys like Lee who stays hurt.  Broken foot

I had to slap myself for referring to him as Zach Miller 2.0

He sucks. Just cut bait.

(08-19-2020, 03:04 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: He sucks.  Just cut bait.

He doesn't suck.  He's been injured.

(08-19-2020, 05:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

We can't know if he sucks until he plays. Right now it doesn't matter, he can't even get on the field.

Yikes.... starting to feel like a jaguars season now.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(08-19-2020, 05:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

The few times he has been on the field he sucked.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Relax gentleman. A broken foot is a 6 week injury. And he should be back at full speed within 8 weeks. I broke each ankle 3 times for a total of 6 throughout my middle school and high school days and they put me in a walking cast and 6 weeks later I was back out playing ball.

Oliver will be a nice addition. Meanwhile O’Shaughnessy and Eifert will hold it down.

(08-19-2020, 09:32 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Relax gentleman. A broken foot is a 6 week injury. And he should be back at full speed within 8 weeks. I broke each ankle 3 times for a total of 6 throughout my middle school and high school days and they put me in a walking cast and 6 weeks later I was back out playing ball.

Oliver will be a nice addition. Meanwhile O’Shaughnessy and Eifert will hold it down.

What? How?