Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(08-16-2020, 09:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 06:12 AM)Rico Wrote: Man.  My last ever Sunday morning bteakfast at the Beach Diner in Mandarin.

Sad

Ever? You have no reason to come back at all?

Honestly...not really.  I have one close fried and he's rarely 'allowed' to do anything.  I certainly won't be back here anytime soon.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-16-2020, 12:52 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 09:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ever? You have no reason to come back at all?

Honestly...not really.  I have one close fried and he's rarely 'allowed' to do anything.  I certainly won't be back here anytime soon.

Well, best of luck out west.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

A little toasty in CA this week. Whoa boy.

I wonder how much it costs the city of Jacksonville to publish and distribute the hurricane preparedness and evacuation guides that I immediately throw away?

(08-18-2020, 03:52 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: A little toasty in CA this week. Whoa boy.

I just saw people are being evacuated due to wildfire. Are you in the area? I just saw the headline and thought of you and wanted to check in.

(08-19-2020, 12:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 03:52 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: A little toasty in CA this week. Whoa boy.

I just saw people are being evacuated due to wildfire. Are you in the area? I just saw the headline and thought of you and wanted to check in.

Yeah, we decided to add raging fires to the uncontrollable heatwave. I'm not in the area of the fires but where I live in the valley tends to collect all the smoke. The sky looked like this all day:

https://twitter.com/JoeDelBosque/status/...77472?s=19

This dog knows more about farming than most of us.

https://twitter.com/lo_tractor_rosa/stat...8875587584

(08-20-2020, 04:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/Nadinel67986235/stat...02048?s=19

Controlled burns serve a purpose.  I could be mistaken, but I don't believe they do them in California.  We do them all the time here in Florida.  It does help to avoid tragedies such as this.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-20-2020, 01:17 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 12:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I just saw people are being evacuated due to wildfire. Are you in the area? I just saw the headline and thought of you and wanted to check in.

Yeah, we decided to add raging fires to the uncontrollable heatwave. I'm not in the area of the fires but where I live in the valley tends to collect all the smoke. The sky looked like this all day:

https://twitter.com/JoeDelBosque/status/...77472?s=19

Wow! That's crazy.

Heck, put a few racks of ribs and maybe a couple of whole chickens on the roof while driving through. It gives a whole new meaning to drive thru BBQ.

We need to start a "You just can't fix stupid" thread:

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/20...-monitors/

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. – A group of men already on pretrial release for previous offenses are behind a string of burglaries carried them out while wearing ankle monitors that track their locations, police said...

(08-21-2020, 09:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: We need to start a "You just can't fix stupid" thread:

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/20...-monitors/

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. – A group of men already on pretrial release for previous offenses are behind a string of burglaries carried them out while wearing ankle monitors that track their locations, police said...

I've heard of some dumb [BLEEP] moves before but this one takes the cake...........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

I'm at my new house in Ft. Worth.

Is this thing working?

(08-22-2020, 03:07 AM)Rico Wrote: I'm at my new house in Ft. Worth.

Is this thing working?
No. You're welcome.

We had a kegger at your old place last night. There may have been some slight damage.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Is this thing working?

We shun cowboys fans around here. Sorry.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Is this thing working?

Glad you're getting settled in.

Is this thing working?

I hope you get settled in quickly!

(08-23-2020, 04:49 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Is this thing working?

Glad you're getting settled in.

Still not moved in.  This was just a run to take all of our boxes out and my wife's car.  I take her plants out next weekend, then we move on 9/2.  Sitting in the airport waiting for my flight back.  Really enjoyed hanging out on the new back porch with my friend that drove her car out.  I can see I'll be spending a lot of time on that back porch.

Oh, and [BLEEP] the Cowboys.

(08-23-2020, 08:51 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 04:49 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Glad you're getting settled in.

Still not moved in.  This was just a run to take all of our boxes out and my wife's car.  I take her plants out next weekend, then we move on 9/2.  Sitting in the airport waiting for my flight back.  Really enjoyed hanging out on the new back porch with my friend that drove her car out.  I can see I'll be spending a lot of time on that back porch.

Oh, and [BLEEP] the Cowboys.

Your wife must have some serious plants.