Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 53 Man Roster

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-05-2020, 04:33 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I anticipate numerous changes before and after week 1. No great shocks today. I think they were close to getting rid of Dede, but held onto him to see if his stock can rise to a place where they can get something for him. I'm glad he's still around, but I do think he's slipped to the bottom of the pecking order in our WR group.

As for the overall quality of our roster... Yeah, it's gonna be a long year.

It looks to me like they are using this year for evaluation.  They have 16 rookies on the final 53 man roster.   They had no preseason games.   It appears that they are not willing to part with any of those rookies until they see what they can do.  

And all that tells me Dave and Doug have a 2 year commitment from Shad Khan.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 05:18 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(09-05-2020, 05:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 04:33 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I anticipate numerous changes before and after week 1. No great shocks today. I think they were close to getting rid of Dede, but held onto him to see if his stock can rise to a place where they can get something for him. I'm glad he's still around, but I do think he's slipped to the bottom of the pecking order in our WR group.

It looks to me like they are using this year for evaluation.  They have 16 rookies on the final 53 man roster.   They had no preseason games.   It appears that they are not willing to part with any of those rookies until they see what they can do.  

This roster will change by Monday.  There will be 3-5 new players picked up on the waiver wire from other teams while we try to "hide" our rookies during this roster cut from other teams so we can get them to our practice squad.

I disagree about Dave and Doug being safe next year.  DC has been here 8 YEARS and had one winning season.  If this year is a disaster, then would you extend them?  No.  And I do not see Khan having them go into their final contract year as lame ducks... that does not typically happen in the NFL.  If there is no progress, they are out.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 05:35 PM by jaguarmvp.)

A bunch of no names.

(09-05-2020, 05:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/jpshadrick/status/13...2959014917

IN a "must win" year?  Dave and Marrone will be back next year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-05-2020, 03:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: Dede making it is good to see for now

Lol

So we have 16 rookies on our 53-Man roster. I honestly believe that it's a good choice.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-05-2020, 05:17 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 05:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: It looks to me like they are using this year for evaluation.  They have 16 rookies on the final 53 man roster.   They had no preseason games.   It appears that they are not willing to part with any of those rookies until they see what they can do.  

This roster will change by Monday.  There will be 3-5 new players picked up on the waiver wire from other teams while we try to "hide" our rookies during this roster cut from other teams so we can get them to our practice squad.

I disagree about Dave and Doug being safe next year.  DC has been here 8 YEARS and had one winning season.  If this year is a disaster, then would you extend them?  No.  And I do not see Khan having them go into their final contract year as lame ducks... that does not typically happen in the NFL.  If there is no progress, they are out.

Agreed on all points.

Although I will definitely concede that the long term plan for this team's coaching staff and FO is confusing as hell.

One theory that I've been toying with since the end of last season is that Khan dictated to Dave and Doug that all actions this off-season have to be made with the intention of us being a competitive team by 2021. And of course with Tom out the picture Dave and Doug now report directly to Shad, meaning he has more power to make sure that happens. At the same time, he has told Dave and Doug that this is their last chance to show real progress with this team or they will be out...  Which is a [BLEEP] situation for them, but the alternative for both would be to not be an NFL GM or HC anymore. So they are tight-roping the contradictory position of trying to squeeze a successful season out of a team that is clearly being rebuilt. I'll admit, this theory is a bit muddled. The big question is what is Shad's threshold that this year's team must meet for Dave and Doug to be kept after the season? Either way, I can't see them reaching it.

Well, hopefully the season is cancelled midway to put us out of our misery

(09-05-2020, 05:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

You're putting waaay too much thought into this.

If this were a "must win" season, Caldwell would not have made all the changes to the roster that he did. He traded good, solid players for future draft picks this year and next. You only do that if Khan has assured him he'll be back.

We won't have a new GM or HC until both of their contracts run out and Khan moves the team.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 10:38 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-05-2020, 03:49 PM)mal234 Wrote: https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...4239932419

Great teams need to make those tough decisions to cut great players

Where is the great team?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-05-2020, 11:25 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 10:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Great teams need to make those tough decisions to cut great players

Where is the great team?

whoosh

I actually like that we kept Luton to be Minshew's backup. He was a good QB at Oregon State and has a lot more upside than Glennon and Dobbs had. My only fear is that with covid 19 and injuries, I think we need to carry another QB. I'd add another young guy with some NFL experience. I like Cooper Rush. He just got released from the Giants. Stash him on the practice squad as an emergency backup.

(09-05-2020, 04:41 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 04:03 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: No way. Rosen is a silver spoon arrogant guy with Arena football league skills. Luton deserves the opportunity to be this year’s Minshew if Minshew mushrooms.

On defense, anyone know anything about the rookie DT (not Hamilton) who made the roster? I’d like to see the Jags sign the CB Myles something the Pats cut.

We will agree to disagree then.  Rosen has 1st-round skills, but questions about his intangibles.  He outperformed both Minshew and Luton by far in the Pac-12.  No one knows what his ceiling is can be.  He has had two AWFUL supporting casts in AZ and Miami to even give any indication of what he might be able do.  As bad as the Jags have been, even the supporting offensive cast the last 2 years here has been better than what he's had to work with.

I am shocked anyone still defends Rosen. The guys is not good.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Wingard made it. I like the kid. I don’t know why but I can’t wait to see Josiah Scott play.

Jags don't claim anyone on waivers, which is a bit of a surprise.

Josh Dobbs claimed by the Steelers. That trade was a great success then.

I guess that means Glennon as QB3 on the PS.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(09-05-2020, 06:54 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Well, hopefully the season is cancelled midway to put us out of our misery

Lol, we are #becausejaguars

That means we'll start 5-2 and THEN the season will be cancelled by the 'Rona.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato