Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 53 Man Roster

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 01:34 PM by mal234.)

I wonder who all will end up making the roster this year. We've already had a lot of cuts so far recently. Also, according to Ian Rapoport both Josh Dobbs and Mike Glennon have been cut. Jake Luton will be the #2 QB behind Gardner. I'm glad Jake Luton made the team
I hope Collin Johnson makes.the roster, I think he will. I wonder who else will end up making the team and if we may pick up players cut from other teams.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1302293605999149056

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 01:47 PM by p_rushing.)

I'm glad they spent a draft pick on Dobbs.

I'm sure they will get a 3rd QB, but probably don't want them on the roster at the start of the season to guarantee the contract for the year.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I wonder if they pick up Rosen

(09-05-2020, 01:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder if they pick up Rosen

Never liked the guy but since he would be a backup and cheap, meh, I wouldn't mind.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

TE Troy Fumagalli could be a possible addition.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

I'm stoked they cut Glennon. If Gardner went down I wanted Luton to get the chance. There's always a Glennon available. I'm ok with Rosen on practice squad. And with Dobbs on practice squad.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 02:46 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(09-05-2020, 02:30 PM)newporttom Wrote: I'm stoked they cut Glennon.  If Gardner went down I wanted Luton to get the chance. There's always a Glennon available. I'm ok with Rosen on practice squad.  And with Dobbs on practice squad.

Agreed 100% about Glennon.  But I might take Rosen on the active roster over Luton.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

I think we are saying if something happens to Gardner we want to lose every game. Its either Gardner or Trevor, no in-between

https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...71457?s=21

https://twitter.com/johnoehser/status/13...97857?s=21

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/13023...76000?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Luton might have a beautiful long pass but if he goes in then Trevor will be the pick IMO.

Dede making it is good to see for now

A lot of rookies, hard to say anything as we haven't seen anything from them yet.

4 rookie CB's and Herndon and Hayden. *gulp* with Wash as DC?! How can this not end well?!

(09-05-2020, 03:16 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: A lot of rookies, hard to say anything as we haven't seen anything from them yet.

4 rookie CB's and Herndon and Hayden. *gulp* with Wash as DC?! How can this not end well?!
Either a lot of WRs running free when they are out of position and playing the wrong defense or the players are smart enough to play his defense. The past players in the secondary haven't exactly been top scholars, but I don't know that anyone can play well in Wash's defense.

Look for more of the same.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-05-2020, 02:46 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Agreed 100% about Glennon.  But I might take Rosen on the active roster over Luton.

Not me. Two teams have had year long looks at Rosen then got rid of him. Luton has been impressing in camp all summer.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 03:51 PM by mal234.)

I'm glad Collin Johnson made the roster. I remember reading that he had did a nice job in camp. At one point at least one of the reporters said he was "catching everything".

Also here is a list of other people who were cut, Terry Godwin was cut.

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...4239932419

I read good things about Terry and that he did enough to make the roster but that the team was already deep at WR. I think that the team kept six WR. Maybe Terry might make the practice squad.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 04:06 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(09-05-2020, 02:30 PM)newporttom Wrote: I'm stoked they cut Glennon.  If Gardner went down I wanted Luton to get the chance. There's always a Glennon available. I'm ok with Rosen on practice squad.  And with Dobbs on practice squad.

No way. Rosen is a silver spoon arrogant guy with Arena football league skills. Luton deserves the opportunity to be this year’s Minshew if Minshew mushrooms.

On defense, anyone know anything about the rookie DT (not Hamilton) who made the roster? I’d like to see the Jags sign the CB Myles something the Pats cut.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I anticipate numerous changes before and after week 1. No great shocks today. I think they were close to getting rid of Dede, but held onto him to see if his stock can rise to a place where they can get something for him. I'm glad he's still around, but I do think he's slipped to the bottom of the pecking order in our WR group.

As for the overall quality of our roster... Yeah, it's gonna be a long year.

(09-05-2020, 04:03 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

No way. Rosen is a silver spoon arrogant guy with Arena football league skills. Luton deserves the opportunity to be this year’s Minshew if Minshew mushrooms.

On defense, anyone know anything about the rookie DT (not Hamilton) who made the roster? I’d like to see the Jags sign the CB Myles something the Pats cut.

We will agree to disagree then.  Rosen has 1st-round skills, but questions about his intangibles.  He outperformed both Minshew and Luton by far in the Pac-12.  No one knows what his ceiling is can be.  He has had two AWFUL supporting casts in AZ and Miami to even give any indication of what he might be able do.  As bad as the Jags have been, even the supporting offensive cast the last 2 years here has been better than what he's had to work with.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Looks like Quincy Williams could end up on IR to free up another roster spot. He will gone for at least 3 weeks in that case.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 04:58 PM by The Real Marty.)

(09-05-2020, 04:41 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 04:03 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: No way. Rosen is a silver spoon arrogant guy with Arena football league skills. Luton deserves the opportunity to be this year’s Minshew if Minshew mushrooms.

We will agree to disagree then.  Rosen has 1st-round skills, but questions about his intangibles.  He outperformed both Minshew and Luton by far in the Pac-12.  No one knows what his ceiling is can be.  He has had two AWFUL supporting casts in AZ and Miami to even give any indication of what he might be able do.  As bad as the Jags have been, even the supporting offensive cast the last 2 years here has been better than what he's had to work with.

That (the underlined part) is not true.  He did not outperform Minshew in the Pac-12.  Not even close.