Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(09-01-2020, 09:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 06:46 PM)Rico Wrote: Wow, this is weird.  This could be my last night in Jax.  Movers are here in the morning.

You better not forget about us like Deacon did!!

He's dum.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One of my favorite snacks made better.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi5.walmartimages.com%2F...f=1&nofb=1]

(09-02-2020, 05:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: One of my favorite snacks made better.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi5.walmartimages.com%2F...f=1&nofb=1]
I haven’t had bugles in years!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Use original Bugles to dip scoop guacamole.  It's heaven on earth.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Finally a day off I’ve had 4 days off In the last 45 days
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-02-2020, 06:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Use original Bugles to dip scoop guacamole.  It's heaven on earth.

That actually sounds really good.

Damn my fingers are sore, relearning to play guitar, bought my self a Fender Stratocaster and an amp.......I should be back in playing shape in no time if I just keep at it..........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(09-04-2020, 05:12 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Damn my fingers are sore, relearning to play guitar, bought my self a Fender Stratocaster and an amp.......I should be back in playing shape in no time if I just keep at it..........

What kind of amp?

(09-07-2020, 04:41 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 05:12 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Damn my fingers are sore, relearning to play guitar, bought my self a Fender Stratocaster and an amp.......I should be back in playing shape in no time if I just keep at it..........

What kind of amp?

Just a small Fender Frontman 10G amp, I don't need a Marshall Stack now............
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 06:03 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(09-07-2020, 05:18 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 04:41 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: What kind of amp?

Just a small Fender Frontman 10G amp, I don't need a Marshall Stack now............

Most people don't need a Marshall stack ever now, considering the small, all tube lunchbox amps available now. I've got the Squier version of that amp. Got it from a coworker whose daughter didn't use it anymore. I have it at work for dinner break practices when I feel like it. It actually uses the much loved JRC4558 dual opamp chip for its preamp section. That’s the one everyone loves in the Tube Screamer. The overdrive is a bit bright and buzzy for me. It's diode hard clipped post opamp, so it’s really more of a distortion. I'd recommend getting a cheap distortion pedal so the drive and volume can be changed. Like an MXR Distortion +.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2020, 08:44 PM by Jags.)

Picked up another Jag player as a client today. Won’t tell you who Because I value my clients. I think that brings the total to 3.5. The .5 being what I think is an imposter or father of one of the best in jag history. So really just coming in to say something cool happened today.

Oh, and hello everyone! Hope all is well with you and your families.

(09-08-2020, 08:42 PM)Jags Wrote: Picked up another Jag player as a client today.  Won’t tell you who Because I value my clients.  I think that brings the total to 3.5.  The .5 being what I think is an imposter or father of one of the best in jag history.  So really just coming in to say something cool happened today.

Tell him the Jags win if he knows what's good for his lawn.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2020, 09:21 PM by Jags.)

(09-08-2020, 09:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 08:42 PM)Jags Wrote: Picked up another Jag player as a client today.  Won’t tell you who Because I value my clients.  I think that brings the total to 3.5.  The .5 being what I think is an imposter or father of one of the best in jag history.  So really just coming in to say something cool happened today.

This particular player is on IR.  I did want to hand him two business cards though.  Tell him to give the other to 15.  Then say his lawn guy sucks and needs to call “these guys”.  

But your tactics are of ones I’ve considered.   I’ve recently started a saltwater fish tank.  I’ve got a few clients that, for various reasons, are in contention for dumping my old water from water changes.  I mean, I was brought up in the north.  The whole extortion thing is something I’ve grown to despise, admire and appreciate, somehow all at the same time.  Thanks Philly!!!  And thanks for the ice cream me Bruno

(09-08-2020, 09:17 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 09:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tell him the Jags win if he knows what's good for his lawn.

This particular player is on IR.  I did want to hand him two business cards though.  Tell him to give the other to 15.  Then say his lawn guy sucks and needs to call “these guys”.  

But your tactics are of ones I’ve considered.   I’ve recently started a saltwater fish tank.  I’ve got a few clients that, for various reasons, are in contention for dumping my old water from water changes.  I mean, I was brought up in the north.  The whole extortion thing is something I’ve grown to despise, admire and appreciate, somehow all at the same time.  Thanks Philly!!!  And thanks for the ice cream me Bruno

Subtle, but firm, coercion is a fine art. 

You know what I'm saying. Right?

(09-08-2020, 09:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 09:17 PM)Jags Wrote: This particular player is on IR.  I did want to hand him two business cards though.  Tell him to give the other to 15.  Then say his lawn guy sucks and needs to call “these guys”.  

Subtle, but firm, coercion is a fine art. 

You know what I'm saying. Right?

Yeah, I’m mowing what you’re growing.

(09-08-2020, 09:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

[Image: OGC.977e40cd6a33c7a317156c5b263b85ef?pid...iLJCdSA%3d]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

My golf game is finally coming together. I’ve spent most of the summer practicing and honing my swing for proper form rather than playing. I walked nine holes yesterday and was only 2 over in the first 6. But then a front with lightning started to move in and I simply couldn’t concentrate. The last two holes I was trotting between shots to get off the course before the wrath of god arrived. Nothing rattles me more on a golf course than the threat of lightning.

Be like that scene in Caddy Shack........ OH RAT FARTS! ZAP!

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 11:57 AM by homebiscuit.)

(09-12-2020, 11:53 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Be like that scene in Caddy Shack........ OH RAT FARTS! ZAP!

Lol. I was actually thinking about that while trotting down the final fairway.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

(09-12-2020, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 11:53 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Be like that scene in Caddy Shack........ OH RAT FARTS! ZAP!

Lol. I was actually thinking about that while trotting down the final fairway.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

Sometimes you just need to putt left-handed.

[Image: OIP.4ezJwhAx2G5EEB-NSzHkgwHaEK?w=270&h=1...25&pid=1.7]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.