Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump lies to public on coronavirus, thousands die because of it

(09-11-2020, 07:25 PM)copycat Wrote: Sadly had Trump performed in the exact manner that the left are currently prescribing, the same detractors would be complaining that he should have down played it and avoided the panic that would have ensued.

Bingo.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-11-2020, 07:25 PM)copycat Wrote: Sadly had Trump performed in the exact manner that the left are currently prescribing, the same detractors would be complaining that he should have down played it and avoided the panic that would have ensued.

But would the US still have the most confirmed deaths, or would Brazil have more?
We are doing so poorly compared to Canada and Mexico, it's hard to escape the conclusion that anything we might have done differently would have improved matters.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-11-2020, 08:19 PM)mikesez Wrote:

But would the US still have the most confirmed deaths, or would Brazil have more?
We are doing so poorly compared to Canada and Mexico, it's hard to escape the conclusion that anything we might have done differently would have improved matters.

You should move to one of those places.

We have enough foreigners on here. Another one wont hurt.

I don’t know the answer and in fact none of us do.  Look at New Zealand for instance.  They completely locked down the country after a post St. Patrick's Day celebration outbreak.  They were praised for being a shining example of how to do it  Right.  They had it totally under control and reopened their country.  They are currently shut down again due to another massive outbreak.  If an island country the size of New Zealand cannot get it under control how does a country the size of America get it under control when we have boarders that a certain political party do not want closed?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

In other news, New York has the highest death per million.....  in the world...  in THE WORLD!!!  They are skewing the rest of the countries deaths per million by roughly 100.  but by all means, obviously we should have undertaken more of THAT strategy because the bad orange man is, in fact, that bad.

(09-11-2020, 08:36 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 08:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: But would the US still have the most confirmed deaths, or would Brazil have more?

I don’t know the answer and in fact none of us do.  Look at New Zealand for instance.  They completely locked down the country after a post St. Patrick's Day celebration outbreak.  They were praised for being a shining example of how to do it  Right.  They had it totally under control and reopened their country.  They are currently shut down again due to another massive outbreak.  If an island country the size of New Zealand cannot get it under control how does a country the size of America get it under control when we have boarders that a certain political party do not want closed?

unfortunately, there is no "under control" for an upper respiratory virus like COVID.  The data shows that it does what it does within your population.  The best you can hope is to delay the infection and death with non pharmaceutical intervention, but it doesn't actually prevent it.  That's a misnomer born from the unconstrained world view bias of modern progressivism.  Hong Kong, Phillipines, Hawaii etc. they have all had some of the most ardent mask participation, all have had massive outbreaks.  You mentioned New Zeland.  New York is the highest deaths per million on the face of the planet, and they still have a Governor arbitrarily determining whether chicken wings makes you and essential or non-essential eating establishment.  

MASS TESTING they say.  6 months later and low and behold the test that was never meant to be used as a diagnostic tool could have false positive ratios of 40 to 90%  think of that.  

These people really believe that if you just virtue signal long and hard enough that we will magically arrive at some far off utopia.

While Trump has been utterly hopeless, I don't think they would have ever done as well as Canada due to the better access to Healthcare for Canadians particularly between those on the poverty line in both countries.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 11:10 PM by mikesez.)

(09-11-2020, 09:48 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 08:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: But would the US still have the most confirmed deaths, or would Brazil have more?

While Trump has been utterly hopeless, I don't think they would have ever done as well as Canada due to the better access to Healthcare for Canadians particularly between those on the poverty line in both countries.

Canada didn't have the snafus with testing that we had early on.
They also already had the cultural norm that it's OK for a worker to stay home when they are sick. 
We are only now developing that norm. So many employers lumped vacation and sick days into the nebulous "PTO" category. People here are still saying, gosh, I'm sick, but I don't want to lose my PTO..
Canadians care about good government and they take care of each other, but I don't think the universal health insurance specifically played a role in reducing transmission.  I suppose there may have been some employers demanding a doctor's note if you're going to stay home sick, and in theory it's easier to get a doctor's note in a country where it costs nothing to see a doctor, but we both know that's not what actually happened.

(09-11-2020, 09:19 PM)jj82284 Wrote:

In other news, New York has the highest death per million.....  in the world...  in THE WORLD!!!  They are skewing the rest of the countries deaths per million by roughly 100.  but by all means, obviously we should have undertaken more of THAT strategy because the bad orange man is, in fact, that bad.

I mean, yeah, when you have the population density of Tokyo or Hong Kong but no mask wearing in the first months after we know about the virus, that's what happens.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 11:15 PM by p_rushing.)

The US has an aging population and a bunch of those people have health issues because of life choices and family medical history things that are inherited. Look at the #s where people only died with covid. Most of the people died of something else because their body couldn't handle both. These were not healthy people for the most part. The # is less than 10%.

Look those people should have been protected, just like they need to protect themselves every year during the flu season. Having health issues make it easier for you to die. The rest of the normal killers are all way down this year because everything is being marked as covid.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-11-2020, 11:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:48 PM)lastonealive Wrote: While Trump has been utterly hopeless, I don't think they would have ever done as well as Canada due to the better access to Healthcare for Canadians particularly between those on the poverty line in both countries.

They also already had the cultural norm that it's OK for a worker to stay home when they are sick. 
We are only now developing that norm.  So many employers lumped vacation and sick days into the nebulous "PTO" category.  People here are still saying, gosh, I'm sick, but I don't want to lose my PTO..
Canadians care about good government and they take care of each other, but I don't think the universal health insurance specifically played a role in reducing transmission.  I suppose there may have been some employers demanding a doctor's note if you're going to stay home sick, and in theory it's easier to get a doctor's note in a country where it costs nothing to see a doctor, but we both know that's not what actually happened.

(09-11-2020, 09:19 PM)jj82284 Wrote: In other news, New York has the highest death per million.....  in the world...  in THE WORLD!!!  They are skewing the rest of the countries deaths per million by roughly 100.  but by all means, obviously we should have undertaken more of THAT strategy because the bad orange man is, in fact, that bad.

I mean, yeah, when you have the population density of Tokyo or Hong Kong but no mask wearing in the first months after we know about the virus, that's what happens.

Lol, you must not know many hourly workers. They use their PTO weekly when they feel fine and come to work when they feel sick.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-11-2020, 11:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:48 PM)lastonealive Wrote: While Trump has been utterly hopeless, I don't think they would have ever done as well as Canada due to the better access to Healthcare for Canadians particularly between those on the poverty line in both countries.

We are only now developing that norm.  So many employers lumped vacation and sick days into the nebulous "PTO" category.  People here are still saying, gosh, I'm sick, but I don't want to lose my PTO..

(09-11-2020, 09:19 PM)jj82284 Wrote: In other news, New York has the highest death per million.....  in the world...  in THE WORLD!!!  They are skewing the rest of the countries deaths per million by roughly 100.  but by all means, obviously we should have undertaken more of THAT strategy because the bad orange man is, in fact, that bad.

Why not in the dense parts of Sweden?

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 08:26 AM by mikesez.)

(09-12-2020, 07:06 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 11:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: Canada didn't have the snafus with testing that we had early on.

Why not in the dense parts of Sweden?

There is no comparison. Nowhere in Europe is as dense as New York City.

(09-11-2020, 11:13 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The US has an aging population and a bunch of those people have health issues because of life choices and family medical history things that are inherited. Look at the #s where people only died with covid. Most of the people died of something else because their body couldn't handle both. These were not healthy people for the most part. The # is less than 10%.

Look those people should have been protected, just like they need to protect themselves every year during the flu season. Having health issues make it easier for you to die. The rest of the normal killers are all way down this year because everything is being marked as covid.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Europe has more old people, more smokers, and no catalytic converters. Their overall lung health, by rights, should be less than ours.

(09-11-2020, 11:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 11:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: Canada didn't have the snafus with testing that we had early on.

Lol, you must not know many hourly workers. They use their PTO weekly when they feel fine and come to work when they feel sick.

Exactly.  That has to change.

THE NUMBERS ARE LIES PEOPLE!! GET IT THRU YOUR HEAD.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-12-2020, 08:26 AM)Jagwired Wrote: THE NUMBERS ARE LIES PEOPLE!! GET IT THRU YOUR HEAD.

They won't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-12-2020, 08:26 AM)Jagwired Wrote: THE NUMBERS ARE LIES PEOPLE!! GET IT THRU YOUR HEAD.

I wonder what percentage of the people that believe the numbers are raking in more in unemployment than they did when they were working.

The bubble that is this political section of the Jaguars board is unfathomable

LOL.  I would almost bet money that MojoKing and mikesez (along with a few others) drive around in their cars by themselves with a mask on.  After all, they are democrats.

I can personally count on one hand the number of people that I know personally that tested positive for the China virus, the oldest being mid 60's.  All three of them have since recovered from it and all three said that it was more of an annoyance.

When this first started I thought that maybe I had it (never got tested) because I had a couple of symptoms.  At this point I am convinced that I did catch it at one point after that (dry cough, shortness of breath), but I never felt the need to seek medical attention.

Catching the China virus is not the death sentence that many of our friends on the left believe.

We accomplished the initial objective, that being to slow the spread so that hospitals would not be overwhelmed.  There are plenty of hospital beds available should patients need them, plenty of ventilators available, etc.

Just wash your hands and don't touch your face.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-12-2020, 03:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  I would almost bet money that MojoKing and mikesez (along with a few others) drive around in their cars by themselves with a mask on.  After all, they are democrats.

I can personally count on one hand the number of people that I know personally that tested positive for the China virus, the oldest being mid 60's.  All three of them have since recovered from it and all three said that it was more of an annoyance.

When this first started I thought that maybe I had it (never got tested) because I had a couple of symptoms.  At this point I am convinced that I did catch it at one point after that (dry cough, shortness of breath), but I never felt the need to seek medical attention.

Catching the China virus is not the death sentence that many of our friends on the left believe.

We accomplished the initial objective, that being to slow the spread so that hospitals would not be overwhelmed.  There are plenty of hospital beds available should patients need them, plenty of ventilators available, etc.

Literally I’ll take what I can get with your base. I’m just glad you “believe” in the virus. Oh and I’m not a Dem. I’m sick of anyone who disagrees with Trump or Conspiracies is automatically a democrat. That’s so annoying.

(09-12-2020, 03:27 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 03:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  I would almost bet money that MojoKing and mikesez (along with a few others) drive around in their cars by themselves with a mask on.  After all, they are democrats.

Literally I’ll take what I can get with your base. I’m just glad you “believe” in the virus. Oh and I’m not a Dem. I’m sick of anyone who disagrees with Trump or Conspiracies is automatically a democrat. That’s so annoying.

Yes I believe that there is a China virus.  I blame China for releasing it to the world.

You are allegedly not a democrat?  Let me guess... socialist... or maybe communist.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-12-2020, 03:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 03:27 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Literally I’ll take what I can get with your base. I’m just glad you “believe” in the virus. Oh and I’m not a Dem. I’m sick of anyone who disagrees with Trump or Conspiracies is automatically a democrat. That’s so annoying.

Yes I believe that there is a China virus.  I blame China for releasing it to the world.

You are allegedly not a democrat?  Let me guess... socialist... or maybe communist.

yes, you caught me I am a dangerous communist seeking world domination...... I've largely voted independent, but these days I am voting for whichever side supports climate change reform and social programs