Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD week one colts @ Jags***

Crazy we’re the only team with live fans today it’s going to be weird to see totally empty stadiums everywhere else
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What I'd like to see today...

Overall, a Jags win (the pessimism is getting old now)
The OL open some holes and protect the QB
Shenault become a terror for defenses
Schobert plug the run

Realistically, I'd like to see the Jags find a way to keep that o-line and RB stable from eclipsing 130 yds on the ground today but I'm not optimistic.

Jags Interior DL is a big (huge) question mark and we can only hope that Schobert and the LB shake up will be able to pick up the slack.

Its reckoning time. Time to see if this current coaching staff has adequately prepared this team for real NFL caliber opposition. Will we be a team that looks like we are contenders for a post season, or contenders for Trevor Lawrence. Hoping for the best.

(09-13-2020, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Excited to see this young man play today!

https://twitter.com/Viska2live/status/13...22561?s=20

Those numbers look so dumb  Wallbash
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

It’s weird going into the first game of the season and having almost no idea of what we’ll see. But from what I gather in interviews and reports, the chemistry is strong with this team now. We’ll see perseverance and fight to the end, I suspect.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2020, 11:34 AM by MJonesD_32.)

So excited to see what the Offense can do with another year and not any significant change.... just a major addition of Eifert and Shenault.

As far as the defense is concerned, let's see... only time will tell.

i legitimately am pulling for Minshew to keep progressing to the point no one even wants to draft Lawrence... provided we had an opportunity to do so. (i know, i know)... you never turn aside an opportunity to draft a franchise QB.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2020, 11:57 AM by Brett.)

Let's go Jags! Raining and gloomy here in Nashville. Beat the Colts!

(09-13-2020, 11:32 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: So excited to see what the Offense can do with another year and not any significant change.... just a major addition of Eifert and Shenault.

As far as the defense is concerned, let's see... only time will tell.

i legitimately am pulling for Minshew to keep progressing to the point no one even wants to draft Lawrence... provided we had an opportunity to do so. (i know, i know)... you never turn aside an opportunity to draft a franchise QB.

A completely different playbook is a rather significant change, but I agree it’ll be good to see the offensive roster hopefully progress in their 2nd year together.

Holy [BLEEP] the entire pregame is about politics
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I saw Dede Westbrook is a healthy scratch. Wow
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Let's get it mfs, im at the game and we gonna shock the world today

(09-13-2020, 12:05 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Holy [BLEEP] the entire pregame is about politics

Yea every time they start bringing it up, I would just flip the channel.  I watch sports to escape politics and the other bs.   Don't mix them.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-13-2020, 12:05 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Holy [BLEEP] the entire pregame is about politics
(09-13-2020, 12:20 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Yea every time they start bringing it up, I would just flip the channel.  I watch sports to escape politics and the other bs.   Don't mix them.
Not watching any of it. Will watch at the start of the game and skip the crap at the start of the game.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Who is the backup QB? Just saw Luton is inactive, did I miss we added another QB?

According to 1010XL, 14 rookies are starting today. Oy vey!

(09-13-2020, 12:34 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Who is the backup QB? Just saw Luton is inactive, did I miss we added another QB?

Glennon was added back to the roster last week

(09-13-2020, 12:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Let's get it mfs, im at the game and we gonna shock the world today
Shock the world?

It’s the clots. Not the Chiefs. Relax.

Thanks, missed that.

(09-13-2020, 12:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 12:20 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Yea every time they start bringing it up, I would just flip the channel.  I watch sports to escape politics and the other bs.   Don't mix them.
Not watching any of it. Will watch at the start of the game and skip the crap at the start of the game.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Next week they'll respond to that by having an "official recognition" ceremony two minutes into each game.

(09-13-2020, 12:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: According to 1010XL, 14 rookies are starting today. Oy vey!

That's not right, is it? There's only 1 on offense. 14 on the roster maybe.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato