Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:01 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:No I heard it from those same so called experts, Gene Smith is a smart guy, he is gonna build this team the right way blah blah blah, Gene was way worst the Shack Harris, Shack gave us 3 winning seasons, 2 playoff games and 1 playoff win, we got worst under Gene Smith.

He is a new GM with a decent track record for evaluating talent. Isn't it fair to give him the benefit of the doubt? His draft picks from his first draft happen to be the only people worth talking about on this team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:00 PM by jag86fan.)

All I can see is that they're accumulating picks to bundle for next year's draft. That way they can add lower picks to sweeten the deal for movement both up and down the board next season.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:how do i know he wants to be here?? i could care less if he wants to be here

do you HONESTLY think a SINGLE PLAYER on this god forsaken team WANTS to be here aside from the undrafted guy who would play for peanuts?

this is the worst nfl team in history, and over the last 8 years or so, is the worst ran organization in history
If he want

Quote:how do i know he wants to be here?? i could care less if he wants to be here

do you HONESTLY think a SINGLE PLAYER on this god forsaken team WANTS to be here aside from the undrafted guy who would play for peanuts?

this is the worst nfl team in history, and over the last 8 years or so, is the worst ran organization in history
So if he dont want to be here we should just let him walk for nothing and get nothing in return?  Brilliant

Quote:So wait until we know. Just wasting time otherwise.

Are there more pressing issues we should be discussing?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Many, many fans defended the Joeckel pick citing Tony Khan/Caldwell:

"Two elite tackles are what is needed now in this league, our QB will perform better with elite bookend tackles."

Trade Monroe.

This team had its eyes set on going the cheap route the entire time. Instead of re-signing one the the leagues best LT's we draft his replacement and STILL have that same gaping hole we had at RT last year.

What a waste of a pick. Shame on those that defended it and believed the garbage that Caldwell and Tony Khan fed you.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I'll wait and see how it plays out, because I can't do much else.

With that said, I dont think they are being frugal with this, it's more of a getting something for someone who wasn't in your plans going forward. RT's arent too hard to come by, as long as your GM is competent, and there really wasn't any sense in drafting Luke to play RT at #2 when he was a highly graded LT.  The writing was on the wall for this since draft day.  

Extra picks is how you rebuild, we were told this ad nasuem during the Gene Smith days, but he would always trade up to get players that he fell in love with, so we never saw it practiced. Caldwell is trying to do this the right way.  Give it a chance.

Keep in mind too....if it really was a more sinister motive, "He Who Will Not Be Named" would have been signed when he was released as a cash grab, then cited as a reason for pending relocation.

Whoa! Watch out - you're making too much sense.

This is obviously a time in which only PANIC and OVERREACTION will do.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora'>Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora</a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/385236489132847105' title="10:55 PM - 1 Oct 13">5m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">Ravens/Jags will announce the Monroe trade Wed. Ravens are not giving him a new deal now, but could eventuall. two mid-round picks to JAX

[Image: 21jzwic.gif]

Quote: Laughing we have more cap space then almost any other team in the league and you think we wouldn't be able to resign him if we wanted to. Let me clarify obviously you can only trade people under contract, the point is Caldwell moved him so how can you say "he didn't want to be here" it's a crap line people use to justify moving players and getting next to nothing in return.

Disclaimer for JT - We don't know what happened yet this conversation is a hypothetical conversation not to be taking seriously until the details are released.

We obviously didnt want to... either that or Monroe didnt want to be here. How is that so hard to understand?

Yeah because the Jaguars are going places this season

Quote:Then you should no problem understanding hes leaving at the end of this year, and getting something is better than nothing...
you can franchise players

the team with lowest cap in the league, didnt want to spend money to keep one of the few nfl roster level players it had

and felt like using the number 2 overall pick, to keep things "as is" instead of actually getting better

o ya... this is the 2nd time by a 2nd different GM that i was told we would be getting 2 bookend tackles for the next decade

and both times, it was a blatant disaster

Quote:my whole problem with this is.... we had monroe over the offseason who was graded out as top 10 LT.... we then let his value slip horribly, and THEN TRADE him for nothing

we also used a number 2 overall pick to get just as good at the position, if we are lucky a bit better... joekyll has done nothing to give me confidence that he will be a top tier LT

so once again, we use the draft, a high pick, to not get better

and try to be cheap in the process

i get tanking, i get losing to get better, im all for it... I AM NOT ALL FOR GIVING AWAY WHAT FEW ASSETS WE DO HAVE FOR SCRAPS!!!  and i am totally against drafting in the top five to REPLACE WHAT FEW GOOD PLAYERS WE DO HAVE!!!

this team is a joke... doesnt seem to matter who they hire or fire... they all succumb to stupid

and i think khan is behind it all.... i think this team is a goner sooner rather than later
[Image: Cry-Baby.gif]

Quote:Whoa! Watch out - you're making too much sense.

This is obviously a time in which only PANIC and OVERREACTION will do.
UNFOUNDED PANIC!!!!

[Image: panic.gif]

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:my whole problem with this is.... we had monroe over the offseason who was graded out as top 10 LT.... we then let his value slip horribly, and THEN TRADE him for nothing

we also used a number 2 overall pick to get just as good at the position, if we are lucky a bit better... joekyll has done nothing to give me confidence that he will be a top tier LT

so once again, we use the draft, a high pick, to not get better

and try to be cheap in the process

i get tanking, i get losing to get better, im all for it... I AM NOT ALL FOR GIVING AWAY WHAT FEW ASSETS WE DO HAVE FOR SCRAPS!!!  and i am totally against drafting in the top five to REPLACE WHAT FEW GOOD PLAYERS WE DO HAVE!!!

this team is a joke... doesnt seem to matter who they hire or fire... they all succumb to stupid

and i think khan is behind it all.... i think this team is a goner sooner rather than later

Isn't laughter the key to happiness?

I think this trade almost has more to do with Caldwell's belief that neither of these players will be a great RT. It's more of a mauler position and both Joeckel and Monroe are finesse LTs. Unless we're getting sixth/seventh round picks, we weren't going to get higher than a single fourth in compensatory picks. We should be getting better value in this trade.

It's a smart trade from that aspect even though third day draft picks are a bit underwhelming.

I don't know what to think of this deal. I'd have liked to have seen a late first, maybe even a second rounder for him. If the third day picks rumor is true, so be it. At least we got something for him. I'm sure some of these later round picks can/will be bundled up in some sort of draft day trade. Maybe trade back into the first round using our "top of the second round" pick and one or two of these? All sorts of scenarios could play out with a handful of picks. It's not like our O-Line can get much worse this year right? lol

Quote:you can franchise players

the team with lowest cap in the league, didnt want to spend money to keep one of the few nfl roster level players it had

and felt like using the number 2 overall pick, to keep things "as is" instead of actually getting better

o ya... this is the 2nd time by a 2nd different GM that i was told we would be getting 2 bookend tackles for the next decade

and both times, it was a blatant disaster
LOUD NOISES!

Quote:Theres just some teams in the NFL you shouldn't trade with....Baltimore, New England,.....etc etc

....and on the flip side theres those that you should target potential trades with.....like Arizona, Washington, Oakland....etc etc....ugh, I fear we may be added to this 2nd list soon....

Look - I know you're into hyperbole and overstatement. I guess to get attention. But that's incredibly stupid.

You do realize that teams change GMs and front offices over time, right.

C'mon - give me an over the top pronouncement. It's what you do.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:All I can see is that they're accumulating picks to bundle for next year's draft. That way they can add lower picks to sweeten the deal for movement both up and down the board next season.

Bingo! Why is this so hard to understand. One decent player that was going to command a high salary and leave anyway is nothing to be crying over. I rather rebuild the right way. Which is to clean house and accumulate picks and restock the shelves. 

2 mid round picks

cant wait to add the next pair of busts/nobodies/eventual cuts/scrubs that we draft with those

wait, you guys are right, whats the difference between that and our first round picks?

joke of a team is a joke

Quote:Isn't laughter the key to happiness?
then watching this team should be the happiest moments of everyones lives each sunday