Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***official Fire Todd Wash Thread - 2020***

(09-25-2020, 08:24 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 07:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No its not, when he had talent they were still terrible. It took an extremely high level of talent for them to be good and that lasted about 14 games.

I'm pretty sure we had the #2 defense in the NFL for 2017 and Top 5 in 2018 (with a brutal offense).  What are you talking about?

And it DOES take talent to be good.  Exactly my point.  We don't have any.
Jack
Allen
Chaisson 
Henderson
Hamilton
Bryan 
Smoot 
Schobert

There’s some decent to good talent but the d-line is still undersized and chaisson needs to grow up fast
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2020, 11:38 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 08:24 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I'm pretty sure we had the #2 defense in the NFL for 2017 and Top 5 in 2018 (with a brutal offense).  What are you talking about?

Jack
Allen
Chaisson 
Henderson
Hamilton
Bryan 
Smoot 
Schobert

There’s some decent to good talent but the d-line is still undersized and chaisson needs to grow up fast

You are saying that is a talented NFL roster?!?!?!  My God man... 

Jack and Allen are probably the most talented on that list, and they are not elite... only slightly above average.  The rest of those guys are average at best players.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(09-25-2020, 08:24 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 07:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No its not, when he had talent they were still terrible. It took an extremely high level of talent for them to be good and that lasted about 14 games.

I'm pretty sure we had the #2 defense in the NFL for 2017 and Top 5 in 2018 (with a brutal offense).  What are you talking about?

And it DOES take talent to be good. Exactly my point. We don't have any.
They feasted on a lot of bad QBs who made mistakes under pressure. The defense still had issues with WRs getting open because of the scheme. If the QBs weren't so bad, the defense wouldn't have been that good. The playoffs showed them getting beat by good offenses.

Talent got them turnovers and stops in spite of Wash's calls.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-26-2020, 01:48 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 08:24 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I'm pretty sure we had the #2 defense in the NFL for 2017 and Top 5 in 2018 (with a brutal offense).  What are you talking about?

They feasted on a lot of bad QBs who made mistakes under pressure. The defense still had issues with WRs getting open because of the scheme. If the QBs weren't so bad, the defense wouldn't have been that good. The playoffs showed them getting beat by good offenses.

Talent got them turnovers and stops in spite of Wash's calls.

Dude... you didn't even know what Red Zone Cover 2 was in the previous thread, but you think you can effectively distinguish scheme vs. talent?  You need to learn addition and subtraction before trying your hand at Japanese Algebra, brother.

You are complaining about our D in 2017 and 2018 when we were #2 and #5 respectively?  LMAO.  You need talent to win.  We had it then (briefly and unsustainably, mostly via expensive free agency) and do not have it now.  Period.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Bump
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It’s behind obvious the need the fire him, but khan doesn’t give a bleep about this team or winning. He’s burying it until he can move it to London

Over 30 points to the Bengals....what does it take?

Run on all day no qb pressure against a horrible o line

This is going to be a long season with this crap every week. It's not even fun to watch knowing everytime the other team gets the ball they are going to score.

Minshew and the offense haven't been sharp the last two weeks, but the defense isn't doing them any favors at all.

Fire this clown.

(09-13-2020, 07:00 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yeah, sooner or later Wash will work his "magic".

Lol at those who were naive enough to think this wasn't gonna happen.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Meh... We can only hope wash ... and his bologna buddy get fired.
Our luck they'll be here for 2021.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-04-2020, 04:19 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 07:00 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yeah, sooner or later Wash will work his "magic".

Lol at those who were naive enough to think this wasn't gonna happen.

Who?

Everyone and their mother's knew that Wash and his coaching ability is equivalent to a steaming hot pile of horse manure.

It's the same problem with Wash's scheme as always. Its built to play pass D with a lead. Soft coverage, LB's covering middle and flat and 4 man rush. Just over and over.

(10-04-2020, 04:29 PM)enigma Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 04:19 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Lol at those who were naive enough to think this wasn't gonna happen.

Who?

Everyone and their mother's knew that Wash and his coaching ability is equivalent to a steaming hot pile of horse manure.

Go read the first page
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 04:53 PM by imtheblkranger.)

I don't understand the recluctance to blitz. I'm aware Wash's scheme wants pressure from 4. I understand you don't want to blitz and get gashed by an open guy.

But, they're already open and gashing us anyway. Dial up some blitz pressure and you might make some hurried/off target throws. Worst case, he hits a guy who's going to be wide open whether we blitz or not

You get a guy like Wade Philips or Gregg Williams in here and I bet you'd see a much more effective pass rush

#byeWash
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

An owner will change employees a few times as he listens to his managers....then he will change management...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-04-2020, 04:52 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I don't understand the recluctance to blitz. I'm aware Wash's scheme wants pressure from 4. I understand you don't want to blitz and get gashed by an open guy.

But, they're already open and gashing us anyway. Dial up some blitz pressure and you might make some hurried/off target throws. Worst case, he hits a guy who's going to be wide open whether we blitz or not

You get a guy like Wade Philips or Gregg Williams in here and I bet you'd see a much more effective pass rush

I was surprised and disappointed we didn't pressure more against a rookie QB and bad O-Line.  Wash and the whole regime needs to go.  Wade or Gregg might help a bit, but not that much given how bad our personnel on the field is.

I have lost all faith in Khan to make the right decision and fire these guys, (Caldwell, Marrone and Wash.) I truly believe he is so apathetic that he will let them all play out their contracts.