Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

Trump now saying he will not participate in the next debate because it will be virtual.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/second-...nizers-say

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pence is like one of those back woods, strychnine drinking, snake handling ministers and Harris is like a succubus. I don't see how either appeals to anyone.

(10-08-2020, 08:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Trump now saying he will not participate in the next debate because it will be virtual.

Why would they change the rules a week out? Can't they just put two panes of prison visitation glass between them like last night?

My guess is Biden's body is shutting down with the Bernie Lomax meds they have given him.

(10-08-2020, 08:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Trump now saying he will not participate in the next debate because it will be virtual.

I expect he'll flip flop as soon as the Democrats accuse him of being a coward.  Which could be as soon as today.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 08:52 AM by homebiscuit.)

(10-08-2020, 08:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Why would they change the rules a week out? Can't they just put two panes of prison visitation glass between them like last night?

My guess is Biden's body is shutting down with the Bernie Lomax meds they have given him.

I understand the reasoning because Trump is currently contagious. Perhaps they should have suggested it as a possible option if Trump doesn't test negative for the virus at a set amount of time before the debates.

(10-08-2020, 08:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I expect he'll flip flop as soon as the Democrats accuse him of being a coward.  Which could be as soon as today.

Oh yeah. Trump just left himself wide open for disparagement.

Bad look for Trump. He cant stand the fact that they can mute him at any time. He needs to participate IMO.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-08-2020, 09:20 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Bad look for Trump. He cant stand the fact that they can mute him at any time. He needs to participate IMO.

Art of the deal. Ask for the stars, settle for the moon.

(10-06-2020, 10:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No one is paying the pollsters to make fake polls.   Their credibility is all they have.  They're not going to publish a fake or incorrect poll on purpose.  

But that leaves the question, can the polls be wrong?   I think the pollsters are doing their very best to get it right this time.  

A good poll has to be constructed pretty carefully.  They have to get the correct sampling of democrats, republicans, old people, young people, rich people, poor people, men, women, different races, college degree or high school degree, cell phones, land lines, and so on.  They have to try and predict who is going to vote.   It's not easy.   Just getting people to answer the phone is getting harder and harder, with cell phones screening out people not on a person's contact list.  Last time, they didn't realize that there would be a split based on educational levels, with voters without a college education going heavily for Trump.

No one is paying for "fake" polls, but both parties obviously want polls that support their respective candidates.  How many polls do you think are simply discarded because they didn't produce the desired result?  So yes, polls are frequently taken in such a way as to meet a predetermined goal. 

Of course the polls can be wrong.  It's virtually impossible to conduct a truly unbiased poll, even by an independently funded entity with no political affiliation.  Any poll by telephone is already skewed by the time of day and day of week it's taken.  The "correct sampling" factors you've mentioned only scratch the surface.  Geographic location is a huge consideration, as is religion.  How do you define rich and poor, or young and old, when so many levels of each exist? 

Any professional pollster who didn't realize there would a split based on educational levels wasn't very good at the job.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-08-2020, 08:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:  Can't they just put two panes of prison visitation glass between them like last night?

Forget the glass between them, I know a better way.

[Image: digital-darwin-meets-mad-max-managing-in...1385576734]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-08-2020, 09:26 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 09:20 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Bad look for Trump. He cant stand the fact that they can mute him at any time. He needs to participate IMO.

Art of the deal. Ask for the stars, settle for the moon what the Democrats want.

Fixed

(10-08-2020, 08:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

My guess is because doing a "virtual" debate would enable slow joe to use his teleprompter.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

In case you needed more reasons to tell that Wallace is a liberal, he said Harris won the debate last night.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(10-08-2020, 10:22 AM)p_rushing Wrote: In case you needed more reasons to tell that Wallace is a liberal, he said Harris won the debate last night.

The post-debate commentary was hilarious because everyone was inadvertently taking shots at Wallace (whom was on the panel) by saying how well this debate was run.  Wallace got steamrolled and is clearly not thrilled about it.

(10-08-2020, 11:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 10:22 AM)p_rushing Wrote: In case you needed more reasons to tell that Wallace is a liberal, he said Harris won the debate last night.

The post-debate commentary was hilarious because everyone was inadvertently taking shots at Wallace (whom was on the panel) by saying how well this debate was run.  Wallace got steamrolled and is clearly not thrilled about it.

Wallace was giving commentary on the debate last night and was making a point about how Harris had scored against Pence about a Trump policy. It was obvious he was seething as he vocalized his shot at Trump. He's clearly bitter about Trump making him look impotent on national TV and in front of his colleagues. I can't say I blame him.

(10-08-2020, 08:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Poor Donald. You are right about him flip flopping about this shortly. He knows that he is falling further behind Biden as each day passes. His only hope would be for Biden to have a monumental gaffe during one of the two remaining debates, virtual or not.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 02:25 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-08-2020, 02:17 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 08:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I expect he'll flip flop as soon as the Democrats accuse him of being a coward.  Which could be as soon as today.

Poor Donald. You are right about him flip flopping about this shortly. He knows that he is falling further behind Biden as each day passes. His only hope would be for Biden to have a monumental gaffe during one of the two remaining debates, virtual or not.

Republicans are out registering new voters by a long shot in swing states. Twitter is not real. The fake momentum shift you think you are feeling is not real.

Not to mention, this 25th amendment garbage by Pelosi isn't helping anything. Nothing will stop ACB from being confirmed.

[Image: 121046586-10222993088432996-7112710896000954717-n.jpg]

(10-08-2020, 02:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: 121046586-10222993088432996-7112710896000954717-n.jpg]

Did the AJC really publish that? Was the editor asleep that day? How did the writer get that published?

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 02:48 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(10-07-2020, 10:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 10:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Pence is crushing it tonight from the few mintues I watched tonight. Harris and Biden have no plans and will not give any details on anything.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Twice she's addressed the viewers like children:

"Donald Trump owes $400M is debt. Do you know what debt is? That means you owe someone money."

"Russian troops were offering bounties on American soldiers. Do you know what a bounty is? It's when someone offers money to hurt someone."

I feel like she should be on Sesame Street.

The history lesson (lie) we got about old Honest Abe was another example. 

(10-08-2020, 07:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Do any of you see the possibility that you thought he was winning because you agreed with what he was saying?   (This is a test of your self-awareness.)

Not everyone is unable to discern their personal beliefs with reality. I felt like Harris was leading in the beginning, and I think Pence came back and led for most of it. I believe he was the clear-cut winner which is not how I felt about Trump's debate. Harris came off as condescending and demeaning while Pence was polite and in-control. It didn't help that Harris made so many clear-cut lies all night. She couldn't even muddy her responses so that she could leave her an out when she was questioned later. She simply lied.

She didn't help Sleepy Joe.

How much more ridiculous can Nancy Pelosi get?  Democrats are getting extremely desperate.

Quote:"Tomorrow, by the way, tomorrow, come here tomorrow," Pelosi said. "We're going to be talking about the 25th Amendment."

“I think that the public needs to know the health condition of the President," Pelosi said. "There's one question that he refused to answer … when was his last negative test?" Pelosi said that this information is necessary in order to “make a judgment about the actions that were taken after that.”

"Let us see a date, a time when you last tested negative," she added.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.