Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(09-29-2020, 07:53 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 05:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Good for you.  Texas is very high up on my list of states that I would like to live in if I ever moved from Florida.  Good luck with the new chapter in your life.

Texas used to be high on our list but I fear it’s the next Florida so many people moving there the state won’t look the same in 20 years

Lots of Californians heading to Texas.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2020, 08:09 PM by EricC85.)

(10-01-2020, 07:08 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 07:53 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Texas used to be high on our list but I fear it’s the next Florida so many people moving there the state won’t look the same in 20 years

Lots of Californians heading to Texas.

Yea that’s what I’m hearing, on another note my brother in law is in your neck of the woods again in north Cali! He loves it there he’s trying to convince my sister to move up there since he keeps getting the best contracts up there. He’s a union lineman says it’s the best pay of his life out there and the weathers amazing. He hated Chicago and PA
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(10-01-2020, 08:09 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 07:08 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Lots of Californians heading to Texas.

Yea that’s what I’m hearing, on another note my brother in law is in your neck of the woods again in north Cali! He loves it there he’s trying to convince my sister to move up there since he keeps getting the best contracts up there. He’s a union lineman says it’s the best pay of his life out there and the weathers amazing. He hated Chicago and PA

Oh really? Like the Bay Area? Admittedly they have much nicer weather than we do. Everything is still a little smokey from here on up though.

I just saw a funny commercial.

https://youtu.be/LDgpF4nvCfM

I read this in an article yesterday, "In the Yellow Pages, a print listing of businesses from the pre-Internet era,..."

It actually explained the Yellow Pages. It caused me pause at first, but when you think about it, an entire generation of young adults have never utilized a phone book. 

Now, where's my Hurrycane? The bingo games start in half an hour.

(10-05-2020, 07:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I read this in an article yesterday, "In the Yellow Pages, a print listing of businesses from the pre-Internet era,..."

It actually explained the Yellow Pages. It caused me pause at first, but when you think about it, an entire generation of young adults have never utilized a phone book. 

https://youtu.be/-7aIf1YnbbU
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-05-2020, 09:05 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 07:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I read this in an article yesterday, "In the Yellow Pages, a print listing of businesses from the pre-Internet era,..."

https://youtu.be/-7aIf1YnbbU

Who is that gray haired guy? And why is he excited about that book? What is that picture on the side of the van?

Back when we all used to be walking phone books. It was nothing to have 50 numbers of people committed to memory. Today everyone is a name on a list.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-05-2020, 10:49 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Back when we all used to be walking phone books. It was nothing to have 50 numbers of people committed to memory. Today everyone is a name on a list.

I know! The only number I have memorized now, besides my own, is my wife's. I couldn't even begin to tell you what the phone numbers is for my kids.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 01:39 PM by Jagwired.)

(10-05-2020, 11:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 10:49 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Back when we all used to be walking phone books. It was nothing to have 50 numbers of people committed to memory. Today everyone is a name on a list.

I know! The only number I have memorized now, besides my own, is my wife's. I couldn't even begin to tell you what the phone numbers is for my kids.

Same for me. I can remember numbers from my childhood though. They are still there. Home phone, certain friends. I think having to crank that rotary dial burned them into your memory.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-05-2020, 10:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's not The Onion.

Heavily tattooed teacher no longer allowed to teach kindergarten students

[Image: 05c97bca-62ac-4edd-9ac9-351f313b899f-lar...1393201014]

Yeah, I read that to today, He looks like something from The Black Lagoon
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Anyone participate in Amazon Prime Days? I don't think I've ever bought anything during those. It resembles a big garage sale to me. They're just trying to offload a bunch of unsold junk.

I can't believe how many barbecue joints and Tex-Mex restaurants there are out here. That, and little local donut shops. It seems like there's one in every strip mall.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-09-2020, 05:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I can't believe how many barbecue joints and Tex-Mex restaurants there are out here.  That, and little local donut shops.  It seems like there's one in every strip mall.

So, you're...in heaven.

[Image: Heaven_SI.jpg?itok=lVsXT40S#vid=928801]

(10-09-2020, 06:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 05:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I can't believe how many barbecue joints and Tex-Mex restaurants there are out here.  That, and little local donut shops.  It seems like there's one in every strip mall.

So, you're...in heaven.

Sounds like it to me!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-09-2020, 06:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

So, you're...in heaven.

Did someone say "FREE BEER"
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-09-2020, 07:59 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 06:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: So, you're...in heaven.

Did someone say "FREE BEER"

I haven't found THAT place yet...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-08-2020, 12:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Anyone participate in Amazon Prime Days? I don't think I've ever bought anything during those. It resembles a big garage sale to me. They're just trying to offload a bunch of unsold junk.

I've never had luck finding anything I wanted on deep discount on Prime Day.

(10-10-2020, 12:27 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 12:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Anyone participate in Amazon Prime Days? I don't think I've ever bought anything during those. It resembles a big garage sale to me. They're just trying to offload a bunch of unsold junk.

I've never had luck finding anything I wanted on deep discount on Prime Day.

Me either. It’s a warehouse clearance sale. But they sure do hype it up.