Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***official Fire Todd Wash Thread - 2020***

(10-05-2020, 05:57 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/13...40289?s=21

So if it’s not the players....

It's the lack of talent.

He's saying that we're not making as many mistakes .... it's just that our players really suck ... which is true.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 12:22 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-06-2020, 12:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 05:57 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/13...40289?s=21

So if it’s not the players....

It's the lack of talent.

He's saying that we're not making as many mistakes .... it's just that our players really suck ... which is true.

Very true.  Translation:  "they players are doing what we are asking them to do, they just aren't very talented so they can't do it well".

The flipside of that is: "the players are doing what we are asking them to do, so maybe we should be asking them to do something else"

Its both talent and scheme.  But there is not a scheme out there that can win with this lack of talent.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

I think we're seeing both bad scheme and a bit of a lack of talent. We have some young pieces, but no depth at all. Topped off with bad scheme, it's a recipe for disaster.

We changed out OCs multiple times when things weren't getting done, but haven't tried changing out the DC. Why? Until this year, our offensive talent wasn't very good and we still tried new coordinators, why not on defense? Clearly, something isn't working, and I think it's more on scheme than players right at this moment.

But hey, we're top 3 in points allowed. Top 3 is top 3 guys!! We are elite at giving up points.

We need to have a proper discussion about the secondary. Henderson had a great first game but has struggled the last few games and got injured Sunday. Hayden got injured on Sunday as well. 

Now Herndon has to go. Lots of effort and can keep coverage in speed but he just cant handle a move by the WR. Either burnt or a flag. Same with Wingard. Love the heart and effort but he is not NFL starter quality and doesnt look like hell suddenly turn into Kam Chancellor. 

Being honest, do the coaches think anyone on that secondary bar Henderson and maybe Hayden has any real chance of progressing to be a part of this roster?

They have all been awful. Busted coverages, wide open WR's, stupid flags. It's not all them, 5 rookies and only Hayden played more than one year in the genius system that is Todd Wash's D.

How many DBs did we draft? How many are playing?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We ain't forgot ya'll.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-11-2020, 01:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We ain't forgot ya'll.

And he still absolutely needs to go. This 2nd half was abysmal, yet again

3rd straight game allowing over 30 points a game

(10-11-2020, 04:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 3rd straight game allowing over 30 points a game

4th

Washed out and hung up to dry

(10-06-2020, 12:56 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I think we're seeing both bad scheme and a bit of a lack of talent. We have some young pieces, but no depth at all. Topped off with bad scheme, it's a recipe for disaster.

We changed out OCs multiple times when things weren't getting done, but haven't tried changing out the DC. Why? Until this year, our offensive talent wasn't very good and we still tried new coordinators, why not on defense? Clearly, something isn't working, and I think it's more on scheme than players right at this moment.

But hey, we're top 3 in points allowed. Top 3 is top 3 guys!! We are elite at giving up points.

We can still reach the top!

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 04:31 PM by Mowerguy.)

wash and this are D pitiful .... send the bologna man packing too.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-11-2020, 04:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 04:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 3rd straight game allowing over 30 points a game

4th

damn

(10-11-2020, 04:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 04:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: 4th

damn

Allowing an average of 29.4 pts per game. It’s hard for any offense to overcome that, let alone one that has as many glaring deficiencies as our does. Forget about QB for a second. Idc who we have under center, our record wouldn’t look much (or any) better with a different QB. The defense needs fixing first.

(10-11-2020, 04:25 PM)CSTblank Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 04:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: damn

Allowing an average of 29.4 pts per game. It’s hard for any offense to overcome that, let alone one that has as many glaring deficiencies as our does. Forget about QB for a second. Idc who we have under center, our record wouldn’t look much (or any) better with a different QB. The defense needs fixing first.

Oh I agree.  Its nice to see Sidney Jones healthy.  Im hoping he can be the guy opposite Henderson moving foward

Burrow sacked 7 times today and Mixon averaged 2.5 yards per carry. I realize it's Baltimore, but seeing the games bookending the Jags/Bengals game (the game before was against the Eagles who sacked Burrow 7 times and held Mixon to 2.9 yards per carry) just puts this defense into some really depressing perspective.

I'm just out of words at this point. It's been so long with so little results under Wash.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(10-11-2020, 04:53 PM)LMD Wrote: Burrow sacked 7 times today and Mixon averaged 2.5 yards per carry. I realize it's Baltimore, but seeing the games bookending the Jags/Bengals game (the game before was against the Eagles who sacked Burrow 7 times and held Mixon to 2.9 yards per carry) just puts this defense into some really depressing perspective.

I'm just out of words at this point. It's been so long with so little results under Wash.

We only got one sack today. One. I think last week was none. It's depressing. My husband said we are now Sucksonville instead of Sacksonville.

(10-11-2020, 05:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 04:53 PM)LMD Wrote: Burrow sacked 7 times today and Mixon averaged 2.5 yards per carry. I realize it's Baltimore, but seeing the games bookending the Jags/Bengals game (the game before was against the Eagles who sacked Burrow 7 times and held Mixon to 2.9 yards per carry) just puts this defense into some really depressing perspective.

We only got one sack today. One. I think last week was none. It's depressing. My husband said we are now Sucksonville instead of Sacksonville.

And it really wasn't even a "sack"

Fire Wash at 9AM Monday, or earlier, bring in Wade Phillips on 830 am flight

Marrone and Wash should be shown the door immediately
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.