Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(10-11-2020, 12:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 11:13 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: I wonder how many of those democrats that returned ballots voted for President Trump.

I can tell you one mail in ballot from a registered Republican in FL is getting dropped off tomorrow, and it will be a vote for Biden.

(10-11-2020, 11:39 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Now Biden says voters don't deserve to know if he will pack the court. He is starting to lose it, will be interesting to see if they pull back on allowing any questions.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Just like we didn't deserve to see Trump's Obamacare replacement plan.

We can't see something that never existed and never will. His whole goal was to undo something Obama did. He never had a replacement. He doesn't give a crap if people can't afford healthcare and he doesn't care if people with pre-existing conditions can't get healthcare. His only goals are to build a wall, undo everything Obama had done, stack the Supreme Court, appoint all his rich friends to cabinet positions, basically render the EPA useless by limiting their powers and the one that he is still working on......... get rid of presidential term limits while he's in office and declare himself King of the United States for life.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 04:19 PM by mikesez.)

(10-11-2020, 02:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 12:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: I can tell you one mail in ballot from a registered Republican in FL is getting dropped off tomorrow, and it will be a vote for Biden.

Just like we didn't deserve to see Trump's Obamacare replacement plan.

We can't see something that never existed and never will. His whole goal was to undo something Obama did. He never had a replacement. He doesn't give a crap if people can't afford healthcare and he doesn't care if people with pre-existing conditions can't get healthcare. His only goals are to build a wall, undo everything Obama had done, stack the Supreme Court, appoint all his rich friends to cabinet positions, basically render the EPA useless by limiting their powers and the one that he is still working on......... get rid of presidential term limits while he's in office and declare himself King of the United States for life.

You're right.
Trump said he had a plan, but he didn't.
Biden says he understands the idea of packing the court, but he won't tell us his opinion. 
Maybe he doesn't actually have an opinion on it yet.
Two big things are going to happen with the court before Biden might be inaugurated in January.  The first is Barrett might get seated.  Or might not.  The second is the court might strike down Obamacare.  Or might not. If either of those things goes the way Biden wants them to go, he's less likely to want to pack the court.  If neither of them go his way, he'll probably want to pack it.

I don't understand why the court packing is such a big question.
The bigger question is if they'll admit DC and PR as states, which effectively packs the Senate.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

At least you can drop the pretense, now.

PR and DC will never be states, and packing the court works both ways. Do we want 50 judges on the SCOTUS? 9 works fine.

(10-11-2020, 08:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 06:08 AM)p_rushing Wrote: It's in the swing states that matter. Someone else posted an article already but basically the swing states have Republicans ahead and outpacing 2016. The Democrats are under performing 2016 even with the mail in option.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...623292001/

"More than 5.6 million people have voted early in the presidential election, vastly exceeding the pace of 2016 as Democrats amass a commanding lead in returned mail ballots.

"In Florida – where Republicans historically have a strong advantage in absentee voting – 497,000 Democrats have returned mail ballots, compared with 270,000 Republicans. In North Carolina, 206,000 Democrats have returned mail ballots, more than triple the 68,000 Republicans who have. Thirty-five percent of North Carolina Democrats who requested mail ballots have returned them, compared with 29% of Republicans. "

I'll tell you right now, most republicans in NC who requested the ballots have only done so as a backup in case our dictator governor decides to impose a shelter in place order due to some perceived covid resurgence and not allowing citizens to go stand in line to vote. So it's not that they're not going to vote, it's that they're waiting to see what the governor does. Early voting starts Tuesday and that's when we're going to see republican numbers go up. If an order comes down those ballots will be used.

People here are chomping at the bit to stand in line, pretty much in defiance of the length of time we were stuck in phase 2 of the "safer at home" order. It's going to be the middle finger to our dictator governor for sure.

(10-11-2020, 05:19 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: At least you can drop the pretense, now.

No pretense. I'm still a registered Republican.

We know. You've told us. And you need amendment 3 to pass so you can drop the schtick.

(10-11-2020, 05:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: PR and DC will never be states, and packing the court works both ways. Do we want 50 judges on the SCOTUS? 9 works fine.

Agreed. Nine should be the limit, but they should have term limits.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 07:55 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-11-2020, 07:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 05:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: PR and DC will never be states, and packing the court works both ways. Do we want 50 judges on the SCOTUS? 9 works fine.

Agreed. Nine should be the limit, but they should have term limits.

I agree. But the term limits is a slippery slope for the swamp creatures. It won't stop with the SCOTUS. They won't touch that with a 1000 foot pole.

Can you imagine the potential of our country if people went into politics for the actual good of the country?

(10-11-2020, 05:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 05:19 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: At least you can drop the pretense, now.

You being a registered republican is just another way for you to be a contrarian. You aren’t really a republican.

(10-11-2020, 05:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:

A registered Republican would have written someone in before voting for Kamala Harris. You should be ashamed of yourself.

(10-11-2020, 07:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 07:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Nine should be the limit, but they should have term limits.

I agree. But the term limits is a slippery slope for the swamp creatures. It won't stop with the SCOTUS. They won't touch that with a 1000 foot pole.

Can you imagine the potential of our country if people went into politics for the actual good of the country?

I think some people go into politics with good intentions, but sooner or later the lobbyist get to them and the greed kicks in. Then all those good intentions are just afterthoughts once the money comes rolling in and they gain a little power.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 08:16 PM by mikesez.)

(10-11-2020, 07:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We know. You've told us. And you need amendment 3 to pass so you can drop the schtick.

Exactly.  It's a schtick I'm stuck with, not a pretense.

(10-11-2020, 07:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 05:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: No pretense. I'm still a registered Republican.

A registered Republican would have written someone in before voting for Kamala Harris. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Marco Rubio told me that the allegations in the impeachment were serious, and if I as a voter thought any of those allegations were true, I should hold Trump accountable with my vote.
A third party vote doesn't hold him accountable well, since I wrote in a candidate last time.  Voting for Biden is the only way to hold Trump to account for how he tried to imitate Putin's path from president for four years to President for life.

(10-11-2020, 08:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 07:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I agree. But the term limits is a slippery slope for the swamp creatures. It won't stop with the SCOTUS. They won't touch that with a 1000 foot pole.

I think some people go into politics with good intentions, but sooner or later the lobbyist get to them and the greed kicks in. Then all those good intentions are just afterthoughts once the money comes rolling in and they gain a little power.

Lobbyists are never going away and term limits only make them stronger.
There are a lot of good intentions out there, but the voting system ensures that people who actually act on their good intentions will lose their primary race and not get re-elected. That's why we need to reform the voting system.  Florida amendment 3 only gets us like 10% of the way there even if it passes.

(10-11-2020, 08:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 07:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We know. You've told us. And you need amendment 3 to pass so you can drop the schtick.

(10-11-2020, 07:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: A registered Republican would have written someone in before voting for Kamala Harris. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Marco Rubio told me that the allegations in the impeachment were serious, and if I as a voter thought any of those allegations were true, I should hold Trump accountable with my vote.
A third party vote doesn't hold him accountable well, since I wrote in a candidate last time.  Voting for Biden is the only way to hold Trump to account for how he tried to imitate Putin's path from president for four years to President for life.

It's funny that you pretend that you don't understand that serious allegations can also be false allegations. But that's par for the course with you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 09:05 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-11-2020, 08:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:

(10-11-2020, 07:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: A registered Republican would have written someone in before voting for Kamala Harris. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Impeachment was a sham. What are you talking about? Not to mention, impeachment cost a lot of time with the China virus.

So you are now on record for supporting the Harris/Biden agenda?

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 09:18 PM by mikesez.)

(10-11-2020, 09:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 08:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: Exactly.  It's a schtick I'm stuck with, not a pretense.

It's funny that you pretend that you don't understand that serious allegations can also be false allegations. But that's par for the course with you.

I thought the allegations were true. It had nothing to do with how serious the allegations were. It had everything to do with how much evidence was offered. I can decide on my own, based on evidence, if allegations are true, or false, or ambiguous. I decided they were mostly true.

(10-11-2020, 09:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 08:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: Exactly.  It's a schtick I'm stuck with, not a pretense.

Impeachment was a sham. What are you talking about? Not to mention, impeachment cost a lot of time with the China virus.

You're the sham.  
Enjoy losing the election.

(10-11-2020, 09:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 09:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's funny that you pretend that you don't understand that serious allegations can also be false allegations. But that's par for the course with you.

I thought the allegations were true. It had nothing to do with how serious the allegations were. It had everything to do with how much evidence was offered. I can decide on my own, based on evidence, if allegations are true, or false, or ambiguous. I decided they were mostly true.

(10-11-2020, 09:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Impeachment was a sham. What are you talking about? Not to mention, impeachment cost a lot of time with the China virus.

You're the sham.  
Enjoy losing the election.

I will still have a high paying job after the election. You will still be stuck doing whatever it is you do.

LOL!!

Biden/Harris hold campaign event in Arizona and the news station is shocked no supporters showed up ??? https://t.co/u54tD41oq8

(10-11-2020, 09:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 09:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's funny that you pretend that you don't understand that serious allegations can also be false allegations. But that's par for the course with you.

I thought the allegations were true.
Lol, you didn't need any evidence for that conclusion. And good thing too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato