Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't kick Gardner Minshew to curb in draft

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2020, 10:21 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(10-15-2020, 04:00 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Minshew after 5 games

69.9% pass completion, 1,439 yds, 10 TD's, 4 INT and a QB rating of 99.4

Those are pretty damn good. If the whole 53 was putting up that kind of performance...

Considering we just came from Blake Borltes(another Caldwell Gem) Minshew has been a god send.   Again, this team is very mediocre across the board and I do not feel like he is getting a fair shake.

Also Gruden has been calling horrible games lately, too pass happy and forgetting Robinson exist.  We are facing struggling run defenses but instead of playing against their weaknesses we do the opposite.

I still believe in the Stache but the rest of this season is a prove it year for him.  If the jags are picking again near the top of the draft, he is getting replaced and maybe traded.   Hopefully he shows enough to be our franchise guy.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Football is a team sport. One guy can make a difference but he cannot make up for other factors beyond his control. Remember Gruden is new to our team. Let’s give him a chance to design a game plan in tune with Minshew’s comfort zone so the offense can play fast like they are good at, and take what they give us instead of trying to force the ball.

The offense looked really good before teams got film on us and designed defenses to shake Minshew up. So we need to stay with what worked before, run it to open up the crossing routes to open up the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(10-15-2020, 10:20 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Those are pretty damn good. If the whole 53 was putting up that kind of performance...

Considering we just came from Blake Borltes(another Caldwell Gem) Minshew has been a god send.   Again, this team is very mediocre across the board and I do not feel like he is getting a fair shake.

Also Gruden has been calling horrible games lately, too pass happy and forgetting Robinson exist.  We are facing struggling run defenses but instead of playing against their weaknesses we do the opposite.

I still believe in the Stache but the rest of this season is a prove it year for him.  If the jags are picking again near the top of the draft, he is getting replaced and maybe traded.   Hopefully he shows enough to be our franchise guy.

Blake Bortles can make passes that Gardener Minshew wish he can make and he had terrible mechanics. Just because Gardner Minshew plays like Case Keenum on the Minnesota Vikings don't make him a godsend by any means. The thing is both Blake and Gardner Minshew are benefiting from garbage time stats but Gardner wide receivers numbers are down compared to what Blake Bortles did with Allen Robinson Allen hurns. I just hope we're bad enough so we can get Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance or Justin Fields either one will work for me. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-15-2020, 10:20 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

This team is nowhere near mediocre across the board.  Mediocre would be a huge improvement over this disaster of a roster.  

Successful teams draft well in the 1st round.  5 of Caldwell's 1st round picks aren't even on the roster anymore. Caldwell, Marrone, and Khan all share responsibility in this mess.

(10-18-2020, 08:01 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 10:20 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Considering we just came from Blake Borltes(another Caldwell Gem) Minshew has been a god send.   Again, this team is very mediocre across the board and I do not feel like he is getting a fair shake.

Blake Bortles can make passes that Gardener Minshew wish he can make and he had terrible mechanics. Just because Gardner Minshew plays like Case Keenum on the Minnesota Vikings don't make him a godsend by any means. The thing is both Blake and Gardner Minshew are benefiting from garbage time stats but Gardner wide receivers numbers are down compared to what Blake Bortles did with Allen Robinson Allen hurns. I just hope we're bad enough so we can get Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance or Justin Fields either one will work for me. 

We get it dude, you hate Minshew and want him to fail.

(10-18-2020, 10:19 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:01 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Blake Bortles can make passes that Gardener Minshew wish he can make and he had terrible mechanics. Just because Gardner Minshew plays like Case Keenum on the Minnesota Vikings don't make him a godsend by any means. The thing is both Blake and Gardner Minshew are benefiting from garbage time stats but Gardner wide receivers numbers are down compared to what Blake Bortles did with Allen Robinson Allen hurns. I just hope we're bad enough so we can get Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance or Justin Fields either one will work for me. 

All because we cut her son Leonard this year, shame.

(10-18-2020, 08:01 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 10:20 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Considering we just came from Blake Borltes(another Caldwell Gem) Minshew has been a god send.   Again, this team is very mediocre across the board and I do not feel like he is getting a fair shake.

We know that GM15 can't throw amazing passes that bounce off of helmets or shoetops like the BOAT did. He also can't throw record numbers of Pick 6s to help out the other team. It really takes a lot of the fun out of these games when we don't have those zany antics to watch!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2020, 01:44 PM by leopold332002.)

(10-18-2020, 12:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 10:19 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: We get it dude, you hate Minshew and want him to fail.

All because we cut her son Leonard this year, shame.

(10-18-2020, 08:01 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Blake Bortles can make passes that Gardener Minshew wish he can make and he had terrible mechanics. Just because Gardner Minshew plays like Case Keenum on the Minnesota Vikings don't make him a godsend by any means. The thing is both Blake and Gardner Minshew are benefiting from garbage time stats but Gardner wide receivers numbers are down compared to what Blake Bortles did with Allen Robinson Allen hurns. I just hope we're bad enough so we can get Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance or Justin Fields either one will work for me. 

We know that GM15 can't throw amazing passes that bounce off of helmets or shoetops like the BOAT did. He also can't throw record numbers of Pick 6s to help out the other team. It really takes a lot of the fun out of these games when we don't have those zany antics to watch!

How's Gardner Minshew doing now? Lol.

(10-18-2020, 10:19 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:

It's not that I want Gardner Minshew to failed because I love my team and regardless who we have on the roster I want them to succeed. I just know Gardner Minshew has limitations that wouldn't allow him to be a franchise QB and put us in a position to compete for a playoff spot on a yearly basis.

(10-18-2020, 01:43 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 12:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: All because we cut her son Leonard this year, shame.

(10-18-2020, 10:19 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: We get it dude, you hate Minshew and want him to fail.

It's not that I want Gardner Minshew to failed because I love my team and regardless who we have on the roster I want them to succeed. I just know Gardner Minshew has limitations that wouldn't allow him to be a franchise QB and put us in a position to compete for a playoff spot on a yearly basis.

Same as usual Mrs. Fournette, did your boy's wittle ankle owie get better this week?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-18-2020, 01:43 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 12:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: All because we cut her son Leonard this year, shame.

He's on a roster lol

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 02:13 AM by Jagsfan32277.)

Dude,  he turrible.  Like someone said he throws parachute deep passes.  And his many crossing route short passes gonna lead his receivers to the hospital.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 03:30 AM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

I think playing 3 of the worst defenses/Teams in a row with the Bengals, Dolphins and Lions, its safe to say that aside from major coaching changes and a defensive overhaul, we need to try and get a new franchise QB. Minshew again missed open receivers, over threw them and checked it down all the time. His long passes float too much and aren't accurate. If we don't pick in the top three, we might fix the defense and the O-line first and he will get another season, but we need a new QB long term to win in the NFL. Basically a done deal, the new GM will choose a new QB.

(10-18-2020, 02:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 01:43 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: How's Gardner Minshew doing now? Lol.

He's on a roster lol

For how long. LOL

Regardless if you consider him a franchise player or not, it's very likely that there will be a new staff in place next year and a new staff will want to draft their own QB. Minshew may start initially next year but will likely give way to a new player early in the year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-19-2020, 07:33 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 02:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: He's on a roster lol

For how long. LOL

Well Gabbert is still being rostered. (9 years)
And Bortles was recently released. (6.2 years)
So Minshew probably sticks to a few rosters for at least a few more years considering what crap people are willing to have as their back ups these days. Then he'll move onto a TV gig (majored in communications, well spoke, good personality for TV) or coaching high school in Brandon, MS.

I saw Murray throw that 80 yard TD bomb yesterday to hit Kirk in stride and it hurt to know that Minshew could never...

(10-19-2020, 02:13 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

Dude,  he turrible.  Like someone said he throws parachute deep passes.  And his many crossing route short passes gonna lead his receivers to the hospital.

No one complained when Peyton Manning did this to his receivers.  I'm not defending Gardner because he will probably be well paid as a career backup and that is okay.  This team isn't ready for anyone to do well.  We flat suck and this is what was drafted and developed.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-20-2020, 04:03 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: I saw Murray throw that 80 yard TD bomb yesterday to hit Kirk in stride and it hurt to know that Minshew could never...
Remember people saying they wouldn’t trade Minshew for Murray? Good times.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 11:16 AM by dennisp3.)

(10-11-2020, 01:50 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: I want to seriously punch everyone of you who think drafting Lawrence and just kicking Minshew to the curb is a smart move. Let's build a [BLEEP] team before we start casting off players who are actually decent to good... this makes no sense.

You dont pass up generational or franchise QB... yes i hear it, and understand. 

I think we need a pass rusher, OLINEMAN and CB's before we draft Minshew's replacement. Let's give the guy 2 years before we make this stupid rant.. jesus.
You draft a quarterback let them both compete. This way you don’t waste three years to see if men shoes the man. If the drafted quarterback becomes the starter then you have a great back up Gardner.  Nobody wins consistently in this league without a franchise quarterback.

(10-20-2020, 11:13 AM)Ok dennisp3 Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 01:50 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: I want to seriously punch everyone of you who think drafting Lawrence and just kicking Minshew to the curb is a smart move. Let's build a [BLEEP] team before we start casting off players who are actually decent to good... this makes no sense.

I think we need a pass rusher, OLINEMAN and CB's before we draft Minshew's replacement. Let's give the guy 2 years before we make this stupid rant.. jesus.
You draft a quarterback let them both compete. This way you don’t waste three years to see if Minshew is the man. If the drafted quarterback becomes the starter then you have a great back up Gardner.  Nobody wins consistently in this league without a franchise quarterback.

Don’t know why every time I edit it double posts.

Hate to see Gardner struggle, but it’s become all too obvious that he was figured out and doesn’t have the physical ability to make certain throws at this level. Great backup guy who will be around in the league for a while, but he is not going to be a long term franchise qb. This is coming from one of his biggest fans.

(10-12-2020, 08:40 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 08:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It will be hilarious to watch the Lawrence lovers when he goes 1-15 here next year. But hey, keep on keeping on.

Putting Trevor on this team with this god awful coaching staff will ruin him.

If we actually do draft Trevor Lawrence, I'm assuming it will be a new GM and head coach making those decisions.  

I know that's a stretch, but at some point Khan has to remember he actually owns an NFL franchise, right?

(10-20-2020, 11:13 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:

You draft a quarterback let them both compete. This way you don’t waste three years to see if men shoes the man. If the drafted quarterback becomes the starter then you have a great back up Gardner.  Nobody wins consistently in this league without a franchise quarterback.

You don't draft a QB at the top of the draft and hang on to a guy you drafted last year in the 6th round to compete.  You draft your guy, find a willing trade partner for Minshew, and then sign a veteran backup QB to help guide your shiny new QB along.  This is especially true if we somehow stumble into drafting Lawrence.

(10-20-2020, 11:21 AM)Newton Wrote: Hate to see Gardner struggle, but it’s become all too obvious that he was figured out and doesn’t have the physical ability to make certain throws at this level. Great backup guy who will be around in the league for a while, but he is not going to be a long term franchise qb. This is coming from one of his biggest fans.

Gardner was a great story last year.  Everyone was hoping he'd take the next step this year, but he spent more time focusing on his persona and not enough working on developing himself as a starting QB in the NFL.  That hasn't paid off for him.  I think he'd be an okay backup, but I do think he'd have some trade value for the team. Hand the keys to the new guy and move on.  

I too am a Minshew fan, but he's been fully exposed this year and it's pretty disappointing.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]