Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chark's future with Jax

(10-19-2020, 07:03 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: You can't blame the players like Ramsey, Yan, and eventually Chark from wanting to play on a winning team.  

Ramsey and Yan wanted money more than winning. Yan will sign the biggest deal he gets regardless of the team. Maybe when they sign their second deal, they'll take less to be on a winning team in order to chase a ring

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-20-2020, 08:40 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 07:03 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: You can't blame the players like Ramsey, Yan, and eventually Chark from wanting to play on a winning team.  

Ramsey and Yan wanted money more than winning. Yan will sign the biggest deal he gets regardless of the team. Maybe when they sign their second deal, they'll take less to be on a winning team in order to chase a ring

Yan actually took less money to get the hell out of here.

(10-20-2020, 08:40 AM)rfc17 Wrote:

Ramsey and Yan wanted money more than winning. Yan will sign the biggest deal he gets regardless of the team.

This is every player that has ever suited up. The NFL is a business, and it’s always always always about the money. 

Just like the average man’s job. Do you care about who the manager is or the owner. Do you care about sales and co-workers. Nope, it’s about you and your family and that paycheck.

Nothing changes for NFL players. If I was a WR for the Jaguars I would not care if we went 0-16 every year as long as my bank account showed a paycheck going in it each week.

Most of these guys get told what to say before they even speak to the media. They might add in some true feelings here and there but they don’t care. On Monday it’s off to the car dealership to take delivery of there new $800,000 rolls Royce.

(10-20-2020, 03:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 08:40 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Ramsey and Yan wanted money more than winning. Yan will sign the biggest deal he gets regardless of the team.

This is every player that has ever suited up. The NFL is a business, and it’s always always always about the money. 

Just like the average man’s job. Do you care about who the manager is or the owner. Do you care about sales and co-workers. Nope, it’s about you and your family and that paycheck.

Nothing changes for NFL players. If I was a WR for the Jaguars I would not care if we went 0-16 every year as long as my bank account showed a paycheck going in it each week.

Most of these guys get told what to say before they even speak to the media. They might add in some true feelings here and there but they don’t care. On Monday it’s off to the car dealership to take delivery of there new $800,000 rolls Royce.

It's obvious you never played competitive sports.

Competitive players want to win and will take less money elsewhere if it puts themselves in a better position to do it. It isn't as if they will be cutting their pay in half.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 03:24 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Jaguars be the minor league for the other 31 NFL teams or Jaguars roster is really the practice squad for the other teams or the NBA's version of the G League but not really a league just one team.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 03:34 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(10-20-2020, 03:19 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 03:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This is every player that has ever suited up. The NFL is a business, and it’s always always always about the money. 

It's obvious you never played competitive sports.

Competitive players want to win and will take less money elsewhere if it puts themselves in a better position to do it. It isn't as if they will be cutting their pay in half.

Played QB in high school. Freshman year I played JV. Sophomore Junior and Senior year I started Varsity. Also kicked and punted and played Safety on defense. 

Played 2 years of JV baseball as pitcher and short stop and played 2 years varsity as pitcher and short and I caught a few games. I also was the lead off hitter. 

Played basketball, point guard 2 years JV and 2 years Varsity.

Ran cross county as a junior. I’m not bragging at all and really this information is pointless but I’ve played competitive sports. I’ve also raced late models and karts. I’ve also played 10+ years of flag football after high school. But who cares. 

I was at Alltell when the players flew over after they beat Denver. I’ve been a season ticket holder every year since I was 19 years old. 

I am as competitive as they come, but as a 38 year old man with a family it becomes more clear that the NFL is a business and that’s it.

I will agree players want to win, but in the back of their minds, that bank account is always there to help them feel better.

Vince Young tried to come back once he realized nobody cares what he thinks. So did Jamarcus Russell. This business will move along just like always regardless of what Chark thinks. He’s paid to play. If he don’t wanna be here then who cares.

Some of these guys act like the Jaguars are below their standards. It’s still an NFL franchise and it’s a privilege to play....talking to you Fournette.

(10-20-2020, 03:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 03:19 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: It's obvious you never played competitive sports.

Played QB in high school. Freshman year I played JV. Sophomore Junior and Senior year I started Varsity. Also kicked and punted and played Safety on defense. 

Played 2 years of JV baseball as pitcher and short stop and played 2 years varsity as pitcher and short and I caught a few games. I also was the lead off hitter. 

Ran cross county as a junior. I’m not bragging at all and really this information is pointless but I’ve played competitive sports. I’ve also raced late models and karts. I’ve also played 10+ years of flag football after high school.  But who cares. 

I was at Alltell when the players flew over after they beat Denver. I’ve been a season ticket holder every year since I was 19 years old. 

I am as competitive as they come, but as a 38 year old man with a family it becomes more clear that the NFL is a business and that’s it.

I will agree players want to win, but in the back of their minds, that bank account is always there to help them feel better.

Vince Young tried to come back once he realized nobody cares what he thinks. So did Jamarcus Russell. This business will move along just like always regardless of what Chark thinks. He’s paid to play. If he don’t wanna be here then who cares.

Some of these guys act like the Jaguars are below their standards. It’s still an NFL franchise and it’s a privilege to play....talking to you Fournette.

Damn JF, sounds like you were a pretty good athlete. Hope you got the prom queen  Big Grin

(10-20-2020, 03:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 03:19 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: It's obvious you never played competitive sports.

Ran cross county as a junior. I’m not bragging at all and really this information is pointless but I’ve played competitive sports. I’ve also raced late models and karts. I’ve also played 10+ years of flag football after high school.  But who cares. 

I don't think it's so much that players think the Jags are below their standards as it is that players see an owner that doesn't seem to care about winning and a front office that isn't capable of it. Unless we overpay exorbitantly I don't see us attracting players over other destinations and if we don't change the culture we are going to lose the young talent we do have,

(10-19-2020, 02:55 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 02:46 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Is he the next one in a long line of talented players bailing after their rookie deals?

“I’m a competitor, I like to win. I go out every time to win. When we don’t win, it’s frustrating, it makes the week long, it makes going home tough. I’ve been here three years and still haven’t really won," Chark said after the loss.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/gameday/d...-struggles

Hopefully when the whole staff and front office is canned he'll change his tune.
I love Chark. He's good. But if he turns into a pout his way out kind of guy... well sayonara. Dime a dozen, keep drafting them. There's a few real good ones coming out this draft. And in every draft. 
That being said I think a new GM gets him inked long term right away and a new QB that can hit him in stride deep for TDs instead of throwing short for INTs and small gains will get him back "all-in"

I mean, wasn't he one of the guys being vocal about the guys (Yan and Fournette) who wanted out and didn't want to be here?

See..e this franchise can't fall for the okey-doke again.

If the team is willing to overpay for someone else's free agent, they need to be willing to overpay if necessary to keep their own when they are productive.

If any part of Khan wants this team to win, he will be proactive and make it a point to keep Chark.  Granted, there is not much he can do about the winning at this point, but moving forward, if he wants to win, he won't let Chark get to the point where he starts grousing about money.  even with a bad ankle, he easily got past the Lions' secondary on a few occasions, only to have Minshew hang the ball.  To whatever extent fans can influence the team to do something, we need to encourage the team to keep him.

Look at some of the teams that have been losing big this year.

The Jets let a ton of talent walk within the last two years.  Leonard Williams (with the Giants),  Robby Anderson (n-w with Carolina) , Jamal Adams (unbeaten Seattle), now Leveon Bell (5-1 Chiefs).   The Vikings also let a ton of talent walk away.  They traded Stephon Diggs and let a bunch of their defensive players leave.  We suck in part because we rid ourselves of Ramsey, Campbell, Ngakoue and Bouye,

Conversely, the Ravens took Calais campbell off our hands and are now 5-1.  The Rams took Ramsey and are 4-2.  The Bills acquired Stephon Diggfs and are now 4-2 having just lost two straight against outstanding opponents.  The Chiefs did not hesitate to snag Leveon Bell.  Head coach Andy Reid said the Chiefs would not turn away a superior talent.  Jamal Adams pouted and the undefeated Seahowks took him and are undefeated.  

Good teams have been exploiting doormats like this for decades.

How long will be be willing victims of this dynamic?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-20-2020, 08:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 08:40 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Ramsey and Yan wanted money more than winning. Yan will sign the biggest deal he gets regardless of the team. Maybe when they sign their second deal, they'll take less to be on a winning team in order to chase a ring

Yan actually took less money to get the hell out of here.

Correct.  Yan actually left about $6M on the table by going to the Vikings.  

It's fairly obvious that the owner doesn't care and perpetuates a losing culture by his refusal to act.  Of course players want to get paid, but it's also important to be part of a winning culture where you can at least compete week in and week.  

We don't do a good job drafting in the first place, and then we don't retain what few good players we do draft. Hence, why we're 1-5 and looking at 1-15.

(10-20-2020, 06:00 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 08:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Yan actually took less money to get the hell out of here.

Correct.  Yan actually left about $6M on the table by going to the Vikings.  

It's fairly obvious that the owner doesn't care and perpetuates a losing culture by his refusal to act.  Of course players want to get paid, but it's also important to be part of a winning culture where you can at least compete week in and week.  

We don't do a good job drafting in the first place, and then we don't retain what few good players we do draft. Hence, why we're 1-5 and looking at 1-15.

Left $6M on the table just to end up on another bad team.

Yan can't win for losing.

No effort today, not sure he wants to be there anymore.

If you're an actual competitor, you go out and give it your all no matter. You're getting paid, go play.

Honestly how hard is Jack working to come back?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-25-2020, 08:14 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Honestly how hard is Jack working to come back?

How hard would you be?
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(10-25-2020, 08:14 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Honestly how hard is Jack working to come back?

Egh, he played through injury last year and we were awful then too. I don't think he's half assing his rehab for the sake of not playing for a bad team

(10-25-2020, 08:41 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Egh, he played through injury last year and we were awful then too. I don't think he's half assing his rehab for the sake of not playing for a bad team

Agree. I should put in the sarcasm fonts. Honestly just a rough decade of Jaguar football.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I this the same Chark who dropped a pass that hit him in the hands on the very first drive of the game completely stifling our momentum?

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020, 08:09 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-20-2020, 03:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Played QB in high school. Freshman year I played JV. Sophomore Junior and Senior year I started Varsity. Also kicked and punted and played Safety on defense. 

Now I think I'm going down to the well tonightAnd I'm going to drink till I get my fill
And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it
But I probably will
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
A little of the glory of, well time slips away
And leaves you with nothing mister but
Boring stories of

Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

(10-20-2020, 06:37 PM)Predator Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 06:00 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Correct.  Yan actually left about $6M on the table by going to the Vikings.  

Left $6M on the table just to end up on another bad team.

Yan can't win for losing.

Yeah, he's really really sad to be in Baltimore...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato