Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:Why not:

What a fleece job the Ravens gave Caldwell.

The Brown's just traded Richardson (a RB playing a non premium position, who put up average numbers behind one of the the league' best offensive lines) for a 1st rounder. And we are only able to muster "multiple 3rd day picks" for a top 10 LT playing a premium position.

Lol in Caldwell I trust amirite?

Spin that.
Trent Richardson was the #3 pick in the 2012 draft who has yet to show what he can do. And, you're wrong. The Browns offensive line isn't one of the best in the NFL. It's mediocre aside from Joe Thomas. Where did you even get that from? 

Monroe was the #9 pick in the 2009 draft who has capped. Monroe was going to want big money from whoever he was playing for. That is a definite. Monroe was not in Caldwell's plans for the future. Why let him walk and get a compensatory pick when we can trade him for "MULTIPLE" third day picks?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:20 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Spin that? Sure. Monroe's contract was expiring at the end of this season. You do realize how hard it is to get picks for a player that is heading to FA during the middle of the season, right?

Compensatory pick. See above.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Hey Kharn I know your mad but just take a chill pill.  You are acting like Monroe was your girl or something. 

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:21 PM by Jinjo.)

Quote:If this was the best offer Caldwell could get for Monroe, than it was a good trade. Period.

Nah man, there HAD to be other better offers out there. Caldwell just didnt want to except them because he wanted to trade with Ozzie, because, you know, that makes a lot of sense. 

Quote:I think Monroe was always highly overrated on this board and by the organization. 

People want them to tank....

People want them to trade players, and get more picks....

And then they do and everybody is freaking out. 

Teams just don't throw around 1st draft picks for players just because Kharn and Mad Dog say so.

We'll see.  I don't see Caldwell getting fleeced on this deal no matter what he gets.  

He was above average, but not elite and a CZ in a pile of dog poop that looked like a diamond.

Quote:I think Monroe was always highly overrated on this board and by the organization. 

People want them to tank....

People want them to trade players, and get more picks....

And then they do and everybody is freaking out. 

Teams just don't throw around 1st draft picks for players just because Kharn and Mad Dog say so.

We'll see.  I don't see Caldwell getting fleeced on this deal no matter what he gets.  

Most of us didn't want to Tank.  We just knew we're bad.

We also, no matter how much we disliked him, didn't want to see Blaine Gabbert murdered.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:23 PM by Jinjo.)

Quote:If an LT is going to get a max deal, do you honestly think he cares where he is playing. It's just a job to these guys.

If he could get paid in BAL (or anywhere once he hits FA) vs getting paid a similar amount in JAX, guess where he's going to go.

Would you rather overpay for a player who doesnt want to be here?

Quote:Compensatory pick. See above.
Yeah, let him walk so we can get 1 pick, instead of multiple picks.

Are you serious?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:25 PM by deLiGHT.)

Quote:Compensatory pick. See above.
Compensatory picks are based as much on the impact of the loss on the team as it is the quality of the player. Joeckel sliding over to LT and potentially playing as well as Monroe does not a high compensatory make. It's a very subjective system. Acquiring picks in advance, however, is not subjective.

sup bro

I don't think Caldwell is done yet. Don't be shocked to see MJD and Lewis shipped away for a sandwich of some sort.

Quote:If he could get paid in BAL vs getting paid a similar amount in JAX guess where he's going to go.

Would you have rather overpay for a player who doesnt want to be here?

You keep trying to hammer this home, it's a non issue, you've got no idea if he wanted to be here or not. It's Caldwell who 100% didn't want him here.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Are you really that slow? How do you build a team? With picks.

So Caldwell gets picks and has a LT for the future.

I think you're the one that's not too bright.

How do YOU build a team?

Do you let all of your developed talent walk and replace it with some unknown via draft? It would be understandable of he was over the hill looking for a big payday (MJD). He is entering his prime and borderline elite.

Good teams keep good talent and cheap teams replace good talent with UDFAs. I'll assume you haven't read Frenette's tweet yet.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I don't think Caldwell is done yet. Don't be shocked to see MJD and Lewis shipped away for a sandwich of some sort.

Neither of them hold much value if any at all

Quote:I don't think Caldwell is done yet. Don't be shocked to see MJD and Lewis shipped away for a sandwich of some sort.

Better be a Ham Sandwich.  I swear to god if it's PB+J....

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:25 PM by JAGFAN88.)

Now the Brunell announcement makes sence. Distract the faithfull while pulling a slick one out the back. :teehee:

Quote:You keep trying to hammer this home, it's a non issue, you've got no idea if he wanted to be here or not. It's Caldwell who 100% didn't want him here.

Lol you say I have no clue then you go on to say youre 100% caldwell wanted him gone. How about his quote saying that its a good situation for him because its an opportunity to play for a different franchise? That sounds like a real ringing endorsement of JAX. 

Quote:Yeah, let him walk so we can get 1 pick, instead of multiple picks.

Are you serious?

2nd-3rd rounder vs "multiple 5th, 6ths and 7th rounders"

Are you serious?

the colts did it right, idk what we are doing.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:26 PM by trunt87.)

CAN'T GET ANYTHING HIGHER THAN A 3rd ROUND PICK FROM COMPENSATORY, and there is no guarantee you are getting one at all. 

Quote:Lol you say I have no clue then you go on to say youre 100% caldwell wanted him gone. How about his quote saying that its a good situation for him because its an opportunity to play for a different franchise? That sounds like a real ringing endorsement of JAX. 

Yes we can say Caldwell 100% didn't want him here, because Caldwell traded him.