Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

You could care less or you couldn’t care less?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watching the Buckeyes in case we get #2 pick. He looks very good. Accuracy has been excellent. I don't see Lance being a first rounder.

(10-24-2020, 01:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This guy has one of the elite offensive lines in college football. He works out of a clean pocket the vast majority of the time. If he doesn't react to pressure well in that situation, what's he gonna do in the NFL, behind a bad O-Line? Fields is not even the 2nd or 3rd best QB prospect. The only reason he is getting hype is because he can run. I want a smart QB with a quick release who can make all the throws in tight areas. I could care less how athletic they are.

He reacts better than the vast majority of qbs just young qbs generally don't react well relative to NFL guys. 

Ok well we will see where this eval of yours go because you tend to just latch onto narratives that don't make any sense

Fields is much better than Haskins, I wouldn't take him over Sewell though

(10-24-2020, 05:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Fields is much better than Haskins, I wouldn't take him over Sewell though

That'd be an insane move

(10-24-2020, 06:31 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 05:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Fields is much better than Haskins, I wouldn't take him over Sewell though

That'd be an insane move

It would be an insane move to take the 2nd best player in the draft?  Naw, Sewell is a generational type talent you dont paas up on if you are able to get him

(10-24-2020, 06:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 06:31 PM)JackCity Wrote: That'd be an insane move

It would be an insane move to take the 2nd best player in the draft?  Naw, Sewell is a generational type talent you dont paas up on if you are able to get him

Yeah because if Fields and Sewell both hit Fields is significantly more valuable and needed

(10-24-2020, 07:16 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 06:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It would be an insane move to take the 2nd best player in the draft?  Naw, Sewell is a generational type talent you dont paas up on if you are able to get him

Yeah because if Fields and Sewell both hit Fields is significantly more valuable and needed
I think Sewell will be a perinial All Pro, I do think Fields has a chance to be good but I dont see him as a perinial All Pro QB.  If I was starting a team and I had a choice of Tony Bocelli or Deshaun Watson, give me Boselli all day.  There are some other QBs in this class that are just as good or at least very close to Fields imo and could pair with Sewell

I think Cam sucks, but I think our odds of winning a title are much better with Cam and Fields than with Sewell and Minshew.

(10-24-2020, 07:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 07:16 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah because if Fields and Sewell both hit Fields is significantly more valuable and needed
I think Sewell will be a perinial All Pro, I do think Fields has a chance to be good but I dont see him as a perinial All Pro QB.  If I was starting a team and I had a choice of Tony Bocelli or Deshaun Watson, give me Boselli all day.  There are some other QBs in this class that are just as good or at least very close to Fields imo and could pair with Sewell

Now add in the Jags current situation. If lance is likely gone by our next pick who's the QB you take who is just as good or at least very close to Fields?

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 08:59 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-24-2020, 08:30 PM)Upper Wrote: I think Cam sucks, but I think our odds of winning a title are much better with Cam and Fields than with Sewell and Minshew.

We have 2 1sts and 2 2nds which are likely top 5 picks in the 2nd round.  We could still draft one of the top QBs

(10-24-2020, 08:30 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 07:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Sewell will be a perinial All Pro, I do think Fields has a chance to be good but I dont see him as a perinial All Pro QB.  If I was starting a team and I had a choice of Tony Bocelli or Deshaun Watson, give me Boselli all day.  There are some other QBs in this class that are just as good or at least very close to Fields imo and could pair with Sewell

Now add in the Jags current situation. If lance is likely gone by our next pick who's the QB you take who is just as good or at least very close to Fields?
Trask and possibly Jones.  Still very early in the season.  I feel Jones is much better under pressure than Tua was

(10-24-2020, 08:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 08:30 PM)Upper Wrote: I think Cam sucks, but I think our odds of winning a title are much better with Cam and Fields than with Sewell and Minshew.

We have 2 1sts and 2 2nds which are likely top 5 picks in the 2nd round.  We could still draft one of the top QBs

(10-24-2020, 08:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: Now add in the Jags current situation. If lance is likely gone by our next pick who's the QB you take who is just as good or at least very close to Fields?
Trask and possibly Jones.  Still very early in the season.  I feel Jones is much better under pressure than Tua was

Oooh yeah trask and Jones aren't on the same planet as Fields for me. I think it's about time the Jags dug in and went after a high end QB after botching the 2017 and 2018 draft so badly QB wise

(10-24-2020, 09:09 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 08:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have 2 1sts and 2 2nds which are likely top 5 picks in the 2nd round.  We could still draft one of the top QBs

Oooh yeah trask and Jones aren't on the same planet as Fields for me. I think it's about time the Jags dug in and went after a high end QB after botching the 2017 and 2018 draft so badly QB wise

If you were starting a team would you rather take a prime Boselli or Deshaun Watson?

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 11:29 PM by JackCity.)

(10-24-2020, 10:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 09:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: Oooh yeah trask and Jones aren't on the same planet as Fields for me. I think it's about time the Jags dug in and went after a high end QB after botching the 2017 and 2018 draft so badly QB wise

If you were starting a team would you rather take a prime Boselli or Deshaun Watson?

Who are my other QB options and left tackle options

Zach Wilson 15-18 2 TDs 3 for 13yds on the ground too

In the first half

I have a lot better feelings after the Ohio State game. Before I was like 'we are going to go 1-15 and still not get Trevor Lawrence'". Now I'm ok if we get Fields. He can be our Watson.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 08:22 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-24-2020, 07:16 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 06:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It would be an insane move to take the 2nd best player in the draft?  Naw, Sewell is a generational type talent you dont paas up on if you are able to get him

Sewell is miles better than Fields is at there respected positions. Taking Fields over Sewell would be something Gene Smith would do. He liked drafting need over talent like you do.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 08:30 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-24-2020, 08:30 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 07:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Sewell will be a perinial All Pro, I do think Fields has a chance to be good but I dont see him as a perinial All Pro QB.  If I was starting a team and I had a choice of Tony Bocelli or Deshaun Watson, give me Boselli all day.  There are some other QBs in this class that are just as good or at least very close to Fields imo and could pair with Sewell

You wait. You don't just reach on a QB, because you need one. If the talent isn't there, you take the BAP regardless of need. Gene Smith drafted need over talent and look how far he set us back. It's not like we can turn this thing around over night anyway. We're so bad, it's gonna take about 3 years to be competitive. We need to build this thing piece by piece with the best available players, no matter the order. if we have to wait a year or two to find the right fit at QB, that's fine.

(10-24-2020, 09:09 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 08:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have 2 1sts and 2 2nds which are likely top 5 picks in the 2nd round.  We could still draft one of the top QBs

After Lawrence, there really isn't a high end QB in the next draft, so we pass and fill other major needs.

(10-24-2020, 10:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 09:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: Oooh yeah trask and Jones aren't on the same planet as Fields for me. I think it's about time the Jags dug in and went after a high end QB after botching the 2017 and 2018 draft so badly QB wise

Boselli, without any hesitation.

(10-24-2020, 11:33 PM)JNev Wrote: Zach Wilson 15-18 2 TDs 3 for 13yds on the ground too

In the first half

I like this kid, but I need to know his intentions. I am hesitant about drafting BYU players, because do they intend to play football right away or do they intend on taking a Mormon mission which could take several years?

Just saw a scouting report on Wilson that implied he didn't have great arm strength and was a game mananger. If that's the case (and I don't know that it's true), than top of second round makes more sense..