Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

Other than perhaps a freak incident like getting injured, there is an almost 0% chance that he forgoes the upcoming NFL draft to stay another year - especially with his draft stock being where its at.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-27-2020, 08:34 PM)enigma Wrote: Other than perhaps a freak incident like getting injured, there is an almost 0% chance that he forgoes the upcoming NFL draft to stay another year - especially with his draft stock being where its at.

Nothing is ever 100%.

What could possibly keep Trevor Lawrence from wanting to come to Jacksonville? We have all the tools to help a young quarterback thrive. From bologna to swimming pools to mustache wax, we have it all. And a very astute owner who knows how to get things done.

If we have the #1 pick, and Doug and Dave are back, Lawrence is going back to Clemson.

(10-27-2020, 07:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 12:42 AM)JackCity Wrote: You mean like Wisconsin? He played 4 top 20 defenses last season and mostly did very well
Wisconsin?  Lol

Yeah I dunno if you follow college football closely but Wisconsin had a great defense, and have done a number of years recently.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 12:28 PM by JackCity.)

(10-27-2020, 01:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 11:16 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah you forgot a bunch. Laremy Tunsil, Duane Brown, Russell Okung, and Alejandro Villanueva are locked and loaded franchise caliber LTs. Then improving guys like Garrett Bolles, DJ Humphries, Jake Matthews, Taylor Decker, and Isaiah Wynn have all been good to very good this year.

That's over 20 names I believe, and we didn't even get to the promising young guys that don't have the track record but are off to promising starts so far like Wills, Becton, Jackson Jr. And even if you want to quibble with them based on age/injury/track record that's still over half the league that is happy with their LT situation, but I think it's more like 3/4 of the league.

And then if you want to parse the 'LT is easier to find than QB' even farther, many top LTs are available in FA and/or trade and change teams all the time. If a team feels like they have a bonafide franchise QB they aren't hitting the market and you aren't trading for them. All in all it's crazy to say it's easier to get a franchise QB than a franchise LT.

Good Lord, you have low standards! I didn't forget anyone, I intentionally left them off. Laremy Tunsil was good in Miami, but since coming to Houston he gives up a ton of QB pressures. He regressed and is no longer good.

Tunsil had the 6th fewest amount of pressures last year for an offensive tackle though.

And this season he's allowed 8 pressures in 7 games, 0 sacks and 1 penalty . All top 2 for OTs

(10-27-2020, 06:28 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: A few months ago Lawrence said he planned on graduating in December and for this to be his last year at Clemson. This was back when everyone said we were tanking and calling us “Trevor’s team”. The fact that he is backtracking now, when it’s New York who is now in the drivers seat, makes me think he doesn’t have a problem with us.

Additionally, Roddy White said last week that Trevor should avoid the Jets. I found it interesting because he is the cousin of Clemson’s OC.

I don’t think a guy from a small southern town, would have a problem playing in Jax.

That being said, it would be par the course for us to get the number 1 pick, and then have him go back for his senior year.

If it's just one team, he could pull an Eli.

Maybe this means we can land Sewell this year, and Trevor next, and then what would the board have up for debate? Big Grin

If we somehow got Trevor it would be the first time I'd buy a jersey of someone who hadn't played a snap for us

(10-28-2020, 09:45 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 06:28 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: A few months ago Lawrence said he planned on graduating in December and for this to be his last year at Clemson. This was back when everyone said we were tanking and calling us “Trevor’s team”. The fact that he is backtracking now, when it’s New York who is now in the drivers seat, makes me think he doesn’t have a problem with us.

Additionally, Roddy White said last week that Trevor should avoid the Jets. I found it interesting because he is the cousin of Clemson’s OC.

I don’t think a guy from a small southern town, would have a problem playing in Jax.

That being said, it would be par the course for us to get the number 1 pick, and then have him go back for his senior year.

If it's just one team, he could pull an Eli.

Maybe this means we can land Sewell this year, and Trevor next, and then what would the board have up for debate? Big Grin

If we suck that bad next year it will be because the coaching staff were retained. I, and probably quite a few others will be done with the team by then. In your scenario you would be looking at 2024 before we are a contending team...

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 06:47 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

(10-27-2020, 01:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 01:42 PM)Upper Wrote: Not low standards, but not sky high standards like you. I think history has shown all you need is serviceable across board at oline and you can win a lot of super bowls. And I think this is a really good time for the NFL being chock full of serviceable or better LTs. But we haven't seen serviceable at LT in a long time, probably the early Eugene Monroe years, so I get it. Especially when the glory days of the franchise include an all time great at the position. It's natural to yearn for that.

That whole statement you wrote is chocked full of misinformation. As far as that goes, the Ravens won a Superbowl with Trent Dilfer, but he had one of the all-time greats at LT (Jonathan Ogden). So, apparently you can win a Superbowl with a so-so QB and a great LT. San Francisco made it to the Superbowl last year with an average QB (Jimmy G.,) yet he had a future hall of fame LT (Joe Staley) protecting him.

Ogden is one of the top 3 LTs in the history of the league, yet he played on a team who went 5 games without scoring an offensive TD. If you take the top 30 QBs of all time, I’m sure none of them has ever been on an offense where that was the case.

(10-27-2020, 08:34 PM)enigma Wrote: Other than perhaps a freak incident like getting injured, there is an almost 0% chance that he forgoes the upcoming NFL draft to stay another year - especially with his draft stock being where its at.

I agree. He's easily #1 this year but lots could happen from injury to regression to another player coming out of nowhere, a la Burrow last year, to make him not the #1 if he stays.

(10-27-2020, 09:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Nothing is ever 100%.

This is true but I think the rumor mill is just stirring stuff up to get clicks. He mentioned in passing staying in school for another year but I don't think it meant much.

Does anyone know where the "OlineMatters" is?

Was last seen saying Tunsil allows too many pressures and isn't good anymore

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1321845200130658311?s=19

(10-29-2020, 12:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: Does anyone know where the "OlineMatters" is?

Whats more surprising is that Kelvin freaking Beachum is up there...

(10-29-2020, 02:47 PM)enigma Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 12:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: Does anyone know where the "OlineMatters" is?

Whats more surprising is that Kelvin freaking Beachum is up there...
He's always been a good pass blocker but he can't run block for [BLEEP]

Yeah he's the definition of a finesse tackle but he's always been pretty capable pass rushing. Had a great career for someone who's 6'3

Watching tonight's game, Ohio St passing offense is so elementary, ( predetermined passes, one read) why would any qb who has aspirations to play in the nfl go there. Jaguars draft Fields, 5 more seasons of suckiness.

(10-31-2020, 08:34 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Watching tonight's game, Ohio St passing offense is so elementary,  ( predetermined passes, one read)  why would any qb who has aspirations to play in the nfl go there. Jaguars draft Fields, 5 more seasons of suckiness.

I hope you are paying close attention to the ball placement of his throws.

Doesn't matter what the "read schedule" is. He can put the ball where it needs to be in addition to making the right read.

Lawrence and Fields are both franchise Qbs coming out this year.

Watson had similar critiques to Fields coming out, mostly from people who didn't watch him closely

(10-31-2020, 10:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: Watson had similar critiques to Fields coming out, mostly from people who didn't watch him closely

Exactly.

(10-31-2020, 10:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: Watson had similar critiques to Fields coming out, mostly from people who didn't watch him closely

That argument isn't going to get you very far on here. I've seen more than a few people suddenly crediting all of Watson's success to Hopkins and now he is just average at best.