Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:Borderline elite LT >>>>>>> Average RB no matter how you spin it
That statement is so incomplete it's funny. The truth is 3 cheap years >>>>> 12 games in every way unless you're talking fullback, kicker, or punter.

Also, the Colts probably made a stupid trade. That doesn't set precedent for what we can demand for anyone from anyone, much less a soon to be FA.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes we can say Caldwell 100% didn't want him here, because Caldwell traded him.

Lol so I guess if Monroe wanted to leave Caldwell should have let him go for free either this year or next, since he wanted him to be around really bad while we lose. 

As a late bloomer to this subject, this trade does'nt surprise me at all. What will surprise me is exactly what we'll get from the trade...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Now the Brunell announcement makes sence. Distract the faithfull while pulling a slick one out the back. :teehee:
Lol, the terminology there was too much for me not to laugh, juvinille for sure, but still funny. +1

I like that Jason La Conforma has it as being two 'mid-round' picks now. I will take any combo of 2,4 or 3,4 and call that a good trade.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:CAN'T GET ANYTHING HIGHER THAN A 3rd ROUND PICK FROM COMPENSATORY, and there is no guarantee you are getting one at all.

Considering its weighted on the amount the player signs for (top 10 LT money on the open market) I would bet my house on us getting the max.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:the colts did it right, idk what we are doing.

Getting worse to hopefully get better is the strategy this franchise has embraced. Hopefully it works :unsure:

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:30 PM by Jinjo.)

Quote:That statement is so incomplete it's funny. The truth is 3 cheap years >>>>> 12 games in every way unless you're talking fullback, kicker, or punter.

Also, the Colts probably made a stupid trade. That doesn't set precedent for what we can demand for anyone from anyone, much less a soon to be FA.

IDK if I could get Trent Richardson for pennies at 25 I would probably do it. Right now his YPC is awful but according to analytic sites he has a really good elusiveness rating. Havent seen him play all that much so I dont want to cast a strong judgement one way or another.

Quote:2nd-3rd rounder vs "multiple 5th, 6ths and 7th rounders"

Are you serious?
Baltimore doesn't have any 7th rounders to give up, though.

As far as I know, the highest you can get from a comp pick is a 3rd rounder, and there is no definite that you will get one at all.

The 2014 draft is filled with OT talent. See my thread. Also, how do you expect to have an argument when you don't even know what you're talking about? Beats me.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

As another said....the Colts wind up getting a 1st rounder in return for a non premium position with a player that has just proven "average" and we can only get a couple mid/ or late rounders (pending on what sources you believe) in return for a good player playing a premium position.....

yeah, I'd say Jags fans have a right to be upset. 

That said, I will say this: I would have been upset to have to pay Monroe a "MAX" deal next year for a long term deal. He's good, but not "great", and he will likely be paid like "great" had he stayed here. 

I think Joeckel has the higher ceiling of the 2 and will prove to be a better OLT in time, than Monroe. 

Go back and look at the players selected in round 5 from recent NFL draft. Occasionally there will be a great players, there will almost always be a couple of good players, but mostly there will be guys that play in the league for a few years and then disappear. These third day picks are usually back ups and special teamers. 

I can get behind the idea of adding picks, I just wish they were better picks. 

Quote:Lol so I guess if Monroe wanted to leave Caldwell should have let him go for free either this year or next, since he wanted him to be around really bad while we lose. 

You're going in circles, point is you keep trying to demonize Monroe as the guy that wanted "out" to justify any return or lack there of a return when the details are released.

The point is Caldwell made the move to trade him, Monroe had no choice, so the return or lack of return is on Caldwell's shoulders stop trying to justify moving him for anything because "he didn't want to be here anyways" if that's the case we should've traded MJD for 5th years ago!

Quote:How do YOU build a team?

Do you let all of your developed talent walk and replace it with some unknown via draft? It would be understandable of he was over the hill looking for a big payday (MJD). He is entering his prime and borderline elite.

Good teams keep good talent and cheap teams replace good talent with UDFAs. I'll assume you haven't read Frenette's tweet yet.
lol, no

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:33 PM by trunt87.)

You don't know Monroe is going to sign a max contract.  Apparently the Jags weren't ready to give him that contract.  Not to mention wouldn't the compensatory pick be in the 2015 draft?

Quote:That statement is so incomplete it's funny. The truth is 3 cheap years >>>>> 12 games in every way unless you're talking fullback, kicker, or punter.

It does seem that way too me also. No one gives up a first for a RB, thats almost as bad as Washington giving up Champ Bailey for Portis, you just don't do that. Especially a so-so back like Richardson looks right now. Maybe AP after his rookie year, but not Richardson.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:33 PM by wadsworth.)

Quote:Lol, the terminology there was too much for me not to laugh, juvinille for sure, but still funny. +1

I like that Jason La Conforma has it as being two 'mid-round' picks now. I will take any combo of 2,4 or 3,4 and call that a good trade.

Don't get your hopes up. 

Quote:IDK if I could get Trent Richardson for pennies at 25 I would probably do it. Right now his YPC is awful but according to analytic sites he has a really good elusiveness rating. Havent seen him play all that much so I dont want to cast a strong judgement one way or another.

what on EARTH is an elusiveness rating?  Am I behind?  Is he worth a 1st round or not?  I doubt it.  

Gene's Myth

Quote:the colts did it right, idk what we are doing.

The colts did it right? Didn't they give away a first round pick to pick up Richardson? Smacks of desperation to me...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Where is all of this "borderline elite" talk coming from?

Terrell Suggs thinks this is just another Roger Goodell conspiracy ....one that he really likes.

Quote:Lol, the terminology there was too much for me not to laugh, juvinille for sure, but still funny. +1

I'd be fine with a 3rd and 4th I'd be thrilled with a 2nd and 4th