Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(11-02-2020, 12:53 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/statu...01632?s=19

These protesters should have been shot and killed

Not shot and killed.  Geez.

Cited and/or arrested maybe, depending on the specifics.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The enthusiasm is appreciated, but how senseless.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 07:45 AM by The Real Marty.)

Trump vs Biden.   Now that the election is over, I don't see any point in arguing about it anymore.   Once they've counted all the votes, I will accept the result and move on with my life.   I hope Trump supporters will do the same.  I don't think they will, though.  They've been indoctrinated with this idea that the only way Trump will lose is by voter fraud.  Therefore, the only conclusion Trump supporters can come up with as to why he lost is voter fraud.   I fear that many of them simply will not accept the outcome.  Because Trump himself has told them, there's only one possible honest outcome, and that is, him winning.

(11-02-2020, 07:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump vs Biden.   Now that the election is over, I don't see any point in arguing about it anymore.   Once they've counted all the votes, I will accept the result and move on with my life.   I hope Trump supporters will do the same.  I don't think they will, though.  They've been indoctrinated with this idea that the only way Trump will lose is by voter fraud.  Therefore, the only conclusion Trump supporters can come up with as to why he lost is voter fraud.   I fear that many of them simply will not accept the outcome.  Because Trump himself has told them, there's only one possible honest outcome, and that is, him winning.

You need to do two things, Marty.

1) Check your calendar because the election is not over until tomorrow evening.

2) Take a Valium.

3) Acknowledge that a vast majority of the violence has come from the left.

(11-02-2020, 08:04 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: 3) Acknowledge that a vast majority of the violence has come from the left.

He’s aware of that. 

His assertion is a backhanded slap that Trump supporters are too simple-minded to think for themselves.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 08:26 AM by The Real Marty.)

(11-02-2020, 07:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 07:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump vs Biden.   Now that the election is over, I don't see any point in arguing about it anymore.   Once they've counted all the votes, I will accept the result and move on with my life.   I hope Trump supporters will do the same.  I don't think they will, though.  They've been indoctrinated with this idea that the only way Trump will lose is by voter fraud.  Therefore, the only conclusion Trump supporters can come up with as to why he lost is voter fraud.   I fear that many of them simply will not accept the outcome.  Because Trump himself has told them, there's only one possible honest outcome, and that is, him winning.

You need to do two things, Marty.

1) Check your calendar because the election is not over until tomorrow evening.

2) Take a Valium.

You are correct, of course, as you often are.  But, 1) most of the votes are already in, and there aren't many voters remaining who can change their minds.   And 2) unfortunately, I don't have any Valiums.

(11-02-2020, 08:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 08:04 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: 3) Acknowledge that a vast majority of the violence has come from the left.

He’s aware of that. 

His assertion is a backhanded slap that Trump supporters are too simple-minded to think for themselves.

Correct again!

...and as soon as Trump loses, it will come from the right.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 08:29 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1...05962?s=19

Marty, you are projecting what you WANT to happen as fact.there is no historical evidence that says you will be right. None.

He’s aware of that. 

I disagree with you. I think he's parroting leftist talking points. Everyone here knows that there is going to be mostly peaceful massive riots from the left of Trump wins,, but he has the audacity to act like the right has been just as complicit in condoning violence. I suspect you'll see some small packets of violence coming from the right, but it will be universally condemned unless it's in self defense. It will fade quickly, too, without provocation from the left. 

Accuse others of what you yourself are doing. This is straight out of the leftist playbook. I don't think Marty has that kind of intentionality, but I'm certain the folks writing his news do. 

As to the notion that Trump supporters are too simple to think for themselves... well, that's most of humanity and half of this messageboard. Both parties are infested with simpletons.

(11-02-2020, 09:52 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 08:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: He’s aware of that. 

I disagree with you. I think he's parroting leftist talking points. Everyone here knows that there is going to be mostly peaceful massive riots from the left of Trump wins,, but he has the audacity to act like the right has been just as complicit in condoning violence. I suspect you'll see some small packets of violence coming from the right, but it will be universally condemned unless it's in self defense. It will fade quickly, too, without provocation from the left. 

Accuse others of what you yourself are doing. This is straight out of the leftist playbook. I don't think Marty has that kind of intentionality, but I'm certain the folks writing his news do. 

As to the notion that Trump supporters are too simple to think for themselves... well, that's most of humanity and half of this messageboard. Both parties are infested with simpletons.

Sometimes Marty seems like a reasonable guy, then goes and posts something like that. Look at the company he shares on this board. I think one foreigner just said actual peaceful protestors should be executed, lol.

(11-02-2020, 09:52 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 08:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: He’s aware of that. 

I don’t want to make this thread about Marty, but we’re both right. He’s invested in what the state run media feeds him and echoes it as his own. To wit: his response to me above.

In a bit of Election Day irony, tomorrow a United Launch Alliance rocket will launch a super secret National Reconnaissance Office spy satellite into space using Russian rocket engines.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/tech/...102054002/

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 11:07 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Agreed. Who ever wins, wins. Who ever loses, loses. Trump is already talking about filing lawsuits though, citing unsubstantiated rampant voter fraud. What a thin-skinned "snowflake!" Election day hasn't even started and he's basically saying if he doesn't win, the election is rigged. This is what 3rd world dictators do. I can't believe people believe this guy. He just makes up stuff, says if he doesn't win, the other side cheated and the "sheeple" believe him. It's like something my little nephew would do before we played a board game. If he didn't win, he'd throw the pieces, call everyone a cheater and storm off to his room. 

If Trump told his supporters the sky is plaid and the moon was made of cheese, they would believe him. I just don't get it? Whichever way the election goes though, I'm just gonna accept it. I hate both parties and right now, it could go either way. Nothing surprises me. I already casts my ballot for the Libertarian candidate, so I did my civic duty. I just hope things go smoothly tomorrow with no violent outbreaks.

It's come from extremists on both sides, period.

He’s aware of that. 

Not all, not even most, but some of them are.

(11-02-2020, 09:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 09:52 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I disagree with you. I think he's parroting leftist talking points. Everyone here knows that there is going to be mostly peaceful massive riots from the left of Trump wins,, but he has the audacity to act like the right has been just as complicit in condoning violence. I suspect you'll see some small packets of violence coming from the right, but it will be universally condemned unless it's in self defense. It will fade quickly, too, without provocation from the left. 

Sometimes Marty seems like a reasonable guy, then goes and posts something like that. Look at the company he shares on this board. I think one foreigner just said actual peaceful protestors should be executed, lol.

That is par for the course with his posts. He writes idiotic stuff like that all the time.

(11-02-2020, 08:28 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1...05962?s=19

He was a lot sharper 90 years ago.

The sides are equally polarized, but not equally extreme, and I think you'd need to do a lot of work to show otherwise.

(11-02-2020, 01:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The sides are equally polarized, but not equally extreme, and I think you'd need to do a lot of work to show otherwise.

Bingo. The left is standing among the charred and looted ruins of its latest outburst, pointing towards minor confrontations with Trump supporters and claiming "You're doing it too!"

(11-02-2020, 01:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The sides are equally polarized, but not equally extreme, and I think you'd need to do a lot of work to show otherwise.

Yep, just look at who is boarding up their businesses. It isn't red states, it is the liberal run cities. DC, NYC, etc are already boarding up their businesses because they know who is going to riot.

Nate Silver is already saying Biden is in trouble, if he doesn't win PA he is the underdog.
https://www.axios.com/pennsylvania-biden...41e2b.html

Trump had a huge crowd in Miami, after midnight. Trump going all day while Biden sleeps.

(11-02-2020, 11:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 09:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Sometimes Marty seems like a reasonable guy, then goes and posts something like that. Look at the company he shares on this board. I think one foreigner just said actual peaceful protestors should be executed, lol.

That is par for the course with his posts. He writes idiotic stuff like that all the time.

Good take, O-Line. I agree with much of what you say- especially that very few politicians can be trusted. Trump would have won this election easily had he not botched COVID so miserably. Republican voters who defended Trump will be regretting it once the final tally is in since he will also take down the Senate with him. Those hypocritical Senators who continued to support him will now have 4 years of being on the wrong side of the vote (Lindsay Graham being the worst). 

For the sake of this country, I hope Biden is able to stand by his moderate beliefs and not cave to the far left. I believe he is capable of doing this- especially since he will only be a one-term President. Unfortunately, he will be inheriting a terrible situation with COVID at its peak so he has has work cut out for him. Selecting the right people for his cabinet is critical.

Finally, I hope you're wrong about Justin Fields. Unless the Jets lose, he will likely be our quarterback next year.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 04:00 PM by KodiakJag.)

(11-02-2020, 11:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Who ever wins, wins. Who ever loses, loses. Trump is already talking about filing lawsuits though, citing unsubstantiated rampant voter fraud. What a thin-skinned "snowflake!" Election day hasn't even started and he's basically saying if he doesn't win, the election is rigged. This is what 3rd world dictators do. I can't believe people believe this guy. He just makes up stuff, says if he doesn't win, the other side cheated and the "sheeple" believe him. It's like something my little nephew would do before we played a board game. If he didn't win, he'd throw the pieces, call everyone a cheater and storm off to his room. 

If Trump told his supporters the sky is plaid and the moon was made of cheese, they would believe him. I just don't get it? Whichever way the election goes though, I'm just gonna accept it. I hate both parties and right now, it could go either way. Nothing surprises me. I already casts my ballot for the Libertarian candidate, so I did my civic duty. I just hope things go smoothly tomorrow with no violent outbreaks.

Exactly how I feel about the whole thing.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan