Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Election Predictions

(11-05-2020, 05:31 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 07:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: When stationed out there I worked with a lifelong Californian who told a story of a billboard once erected on the Oregon side of northbound I-5 which read "Don't Californicate Oregon". 

You ever heard tale of such a thing, SF?

Never a billboard but I hear that virtually every time I cross a state line. Personally know quite a few people that have taken off for Arizona, Texas, Idaho, and Washington. If I wasn't tethered to a hunk of land I'd be doing the same. 

In the next 15 years we'll see a LARGE part of my area migrate to other states as they slowly choke off our water.

Just curious about where exactly in California are you?  I was imagining somewhere around the Fresno area.  I have (distant) relatives that live around that area that farm and have a winery.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-05-2020, 05:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 05:31 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Never a billboard but I hear that virtually every time I cross a state line. Personally know quite a few people that have taken off for Arizona, Texas, Idaho, and Washington. If I wasn't tethered to a hunk of land I'd be doing the same. 

In the next 15 years we'll see a LARGE part of my area migrate to other states as they slowly choke off our water.

Just curious about where exactly in California are you?  I was imagining somewhere around the Fresno area.  I have (distant) relatives that live around that area that farm and have a winery.

Dang, I thought he was the new kingpin of Baja California based out of Tijuana

(11-05-2020, 05:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 05:31 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Never a billboard but I hear that virtually every time I cross a state line. Personally know quite a few people that have taken off for Arizona, Texas, Idaho, and Washington. If I wasn't tethered to a hunk of land I'd be doing the same. 

I live on the county line between Fresno/Madera. House in Fresno, farm in Madera. 15 minutes from each city limit. 

I've probably been to the winery.

(11-05-2020, 05:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 05:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Just curious about where exactly in California are you?  I was imagining somewhere around the Fresno area.  I have (distant) relatives that live around that area that farm and have a winery.

Dang, I thought he was the new kingpin of Baja California based out of Tijuana

I try to avoid TJ if I can and I avoid driving through LA even more so.

(11-05-2020, 05:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 05:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Just curious about where exactly in California are you?  I was imagining somewhere around the Fresno area.  I have (distant) relatives that live around that area that farm and have a winery.

I live on the county line between Fresno/Madera. House in Fresno, farm in Madera. 15 minutes from each city limit. 

I've probably been to the winery.

That's around the same area where my relatives live.  I don't remember the married name but the maiden name is Saiz.  As I said, they are distant relatives (my mother's cousin).  I remember visiting their place as a child (40+ years ago) and remember their home being on top of a hill, and a photo of their home on the wine bottle.  When I talk to my parents this weekend I'll ask my mother for the name of the place.  It's a beautiful area and a shame that your state government makes things so difficult.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sad thing is, there are many beautiful places across the nation. Even PA is pretty in the East. West even better. But like you said about the politics, it makes one not want to be there.

(11-05-2020, 06:39 PM)Jags Wrote: Sad thing is, there are many beautiful places across the nation.  Even PA is pretty in the East.  West even better.  But like you said about the  politics, it  makes one not want to be there.

The rural parts of CA will surprise you, like the rural parts of NY.  Folks there are used to not getting their way on any political issues, but they're very nice.  The non-compliant ones moved to neighboring states generations ago.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 07:05 PM by Jags.)

(11-05-2020, 06:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:39 PM)Jags Wrote: Sad thing is, there are many beautiful places across the nation.  Even PA is pretty in the East.  West even better.  But like you said about the  politics, it  makes one not want to be there.

The rural parts of CA will surprise you, like the rural parts of NY.  Folks there are used to not getting their way on any political issues, but they're very nice.  The non-compliant ones moved to neighboring states generations ago.
I’m aware of upstate NY.  It too is gorgeous.   I’ve not had the pleasure to see first hand the west coast.  I know it is much prettier from what I’ve seen on tv or what not. Many parts of the west are on my bucket list to see

Oh, don’t think I forgot about our bet.  I’ll wait until it’s official until I start the 

***Official Mikesez Signature Poll and Suugestion Box for When Joe Biden Passes Away/“Killed“ While in Office*** thread.

(11-05-2020, 06:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:

It's the same way not matter what state you go to.  The "real" folks are the ones in the rural areas.  Go into an urban area... not so much.  New Mexico (my home state) is very much the same way and pretty much red, but go into Albuquerque or Santa Fe... the people are rude and "not from there".  The same could be said about Colorado.  Get out of Denver and the state is very much red.

(11-05-2020, 06:59 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: The rural parts of CA will surprise you, like the rural parts of NY.  Folks there are used to not getting their way on any political issues, but they're very nice.  The non-compliant ones moved to neighboring states generations ago.
I’m aware of upstate NY.  It too is gorgeous.   I’ve not had the pleasure to see first hand the west coast.  I know it is much prettier from what I’ve seen on tv or what not. Many parts of the west are on my bucket list to see

Oh, don’t think I forgot about our bet.  I’ll wait until it’s official until I start the 

***Official Mikesez Signature Poll and Suugestion Box for When Joe Biden Passes Away/“Killed“ While in Office*** thread.

I'd have to go back and look, but I'm pretty sure death in office is a push on our bet. I know Trump winning was a push.

(11-05-2020, 07:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:59 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m aware of upstate NY.  It too is gorgeous.   I’ve not had the pleasure to see first hand the west coast.  I know it is much prettier from what I’ve seen on tv or what not. Many parts of the west are on my bucket list to see

I'd have to go back and look, but I'm pretty sure death in office is a push on our bet. I know Trump winning was a push.

Go back and look.  Please do.  Best of my recollection, the bet was Joe dies in office.  You didn’t want to bet on the outcome.  Backpedaling already, huh?

(11-05-2020, 07:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: The rural parts of CA will surprise you, like the rural parts of NY.  Folks there are used to not getting their way on any political issues, but they're very nice.  The non-compliant ones moved to neighboring states generations ago.

It's the same way not matter what state you go to.  The "real" folks are the ones in the rural areas.  Go into an urban area... not so much.  New Mexico (my home state) is very much the same way and pretty much red, but go into Albuquerque or Santa Fe... the people are rude and "not from there".  The same could be said about Colorado.  Get out of Denver and the state is very much red.

I think Colorado is becoming its own thing. When it's a swing state, or a red state, you meet rural folks who are used to getting their way on political issues. They can be quite mean and quite showy. The rural folks stuck in deep blue states are, in my experience, the true salt of the earth.

(11-05-2020, 01:15 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 10:10 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Looks like at this point, NV is the only state Trump can count on for a chance to pull this off

I wonder if the reason he lost AZ was because he didn't see eye-to-eye with McCain and their resulting feud was highly publicized. Maybe that and the growing Mex-American population

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/...620418002/

Thank you, I forgot about the great migration

L

O

Lllllllllllll

Sleepy Joe is awake hahahahaha

(11-03-2020, 12:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 12:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: His message is very clear.  Three words.  "I'm not Trump."  

Biden's strategy all along has been to make the election a referendum on Trump.

And that's why he's going to lose.
Awwww. Cute!

(11-07-2020, 01:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 12:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And that's why he's going to lose.
Awwww. Cute!

Still true. It took record voting "irregularities" for Sleepy to get his corpse drug across the line while Trump received the highest number of legal votes ever in an American election in spite of media and polling manipulation unseen to this point. But hey, it is what it is.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-07-2020, 02:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 01:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Awwww. Cute!

Still true. It took record voting "irregularities" for Sleepy to get his corpse drug across the line while Trump received the highest number of legal votes ever in an American election in spite of media and polling manipulation unseen to this point. But hey, it is what it is.

Someone is sad and making irrational claims.   Laughing
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-07-2020, 02:21 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 02:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Still true. It took record voting "irregularities" for Sleepy to get his corpse drug across the line while Trump received the highest number of legal votes ever in an American election in spite of media and polling manipulation unseen to this point. But hey, it is what it is.

Someone is sad and making irrational claims.   Laughing

Not really, my candidate didn't have an chance of winning. Who are you again? I don't recall seeing any posts from you before two days ago. Must've been busy "coaching" or something.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Cue "Covid-19 vaccine scheduled to be released Nov 9th" announcement
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-07-2020, 02:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 02:21 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Someone is sad and making irrational claims.   Laughing

Not really, my candidate didn't have an chance of winning. Who are you again? I don't recall seeing any posts from you before two days ago. Must've been busy "coaching" or something.

Laughing
Banana
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-07-2020, 02:32 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 02:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Not really, my candidate didn't have an chance of winning. Who are you again? I don't recall seeing any posts from you before two days ago. Must've been busy "coaching" or something.

Laughing
Banana

Yeah, that's what I thought.

(11-07-2020, 02:29 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Cue "Covid-19 vaccine scheduled to be released Nov 9th" announcement

The best part of this is when the black community finds out the BLM isn't important anymore.