Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(11-07-2020, 10:13 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 10:00 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Dang, those speeches were flat and lame.  We are doomed.

They were presidential and mature... you just aren't used to hearing a president talk that doesn't sound like a idiotic WWE interview.

NBB, as I read your posts I find myself agreeing with your takes on almost everything.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Traditional republican like McCain! Laughing Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-07-2020, 09:26 PM)captivating Wrote: Mental health is more than just people in mental institutions.  Mental health is a complex issue.  Gun control isn't.  There are so few legitimate reasons for people in 2020 to own a firearm.

There is only one reason we'll ever need.

[Image: OIP.49SdaLtY9H0PJ_aUwwm2bAHaFC?w=227&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-07-2020, 11:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 10:52 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Believe me... I want a traditional Republican.  But not some Trumper or QAnon idiot.  Give me a traditional Republican like John McCain and I am there.  But if the direction of the GOP and the next nominee is of the Trump/QAnon brand... I would be forced to switch parties and move to the moderate Democrats side.  This is not the same GOP it used to be 5 years ago. This is going right-wing bat-sh*t crazy.  You're going to lose all the life-long moderate Republicans if the party keeps going down that road.  I hope it changes course back to what it was Pre-Trump.

Lol, what a load of horse manure.

Actually, it’s not that far from the truth.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 11:39 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-07-2020, 11:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 10:52 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Believe me... I want a traditional Republican.  But not some Trumper or QAnon idiot.  Give me a traditional Republican like John McCain and I am there.  But if the direction of the GOP and the next nominee is of the Trump/QAnon brand... I would be forced to switch parties and move to the moderate Democrats side.  This is not the same GOP it used to be 5 years ago. This is going right-wing bat-sh*t crazy.  You're going to lose all the life-long moderate Republicans if the party keeps going down that road.  I hope it changes course back to what it was Pre-Trump.

Lol, what a load of horse manure.

OK Trump boy.  Enjoy your LOSS.  

Banana

Its Trumpers like you that pushed lifelong GOPer's like me out of the party this election. If the GOP party keeps going in the QAnon direction, a bunch more will be defecting. See "Lincoln Project"
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 11:24 PM by mikesez.)

(11-07-2020, 10:48 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 09:42 PM)captivating Wrote: Her speech was one of the best in recent years.  No underlying racism like the current Lame Duck President.

Well, good on you man. I'm glad you see something there, cause quite frankly, she looks/sounds more smug and elist than Hillary, if that is even possible.  She def makes Joe sound better in comparison.

You're both right. 
She has a lot of positive qualities, that work for being a Senator or even maybe a judge, but, I think the majority of people don't want those qualities in a President.

(11-07-2020, 11:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 09:26 PM)captivating Wrote: Mental health is more than just people in mental institutions.  Mental health is a complex issue.  Gun control isn't.  There are so few legitimate reasons for people in 2020 to own a firearm.

There is only one reason we'll ever need.

[Image: OIP.49SdaLtY9H0PJ_aUwwm2bAHaFC?w=227&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]

The 2nd amendment is permission. It is not need.
Permission is great, I'm glad it's there.  
I have permission to quit my engineering job and go back to my first job at the Mandarin area Taco Bell any time I like. I'm glad I can.
But I won't. I don't need to.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 11:44 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-07-2020, 11:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Traditional republican like McCain! Laughing Laughing

Yah... one with class, a true conservative.  Not the slappy loser you voted for this election.  Trump is not conservative; he is not Christian; he has no moral compass; he does not care about the country... only his ego.  You should be embarrassed for voting for him.  Its people like you that are pushing real conservatives out of the GOP. The GOP is unrecognizable compared to 5 years ago.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-07-2020, 11:24 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Traditional republican like McCain! Laughing Laughing

Yah... one with class.  Not the slappy loser you voted for this election.  A true conservative.  Trump is not conservative; he is not Christian; he does not care about the country... only his ego.  You should be embarrassed for voting for him.  Its people like you that are pushing real conservatives out of the GOP. The GOP is unrecognizable compared to 5 years ago.

Hey, I'm on record somewhere in this forum that my first 2 choices in 2016 were Rubio and Cruz. I just couldn't vote for Hillary, the stench of corruption and smugness was just too strong.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-07-2020, 11:38 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:24 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Yah... one with class.  Not the slappy loser you voted for this election.  A true conservative.  Trump is not conservative; he is not Christian; he does not care about the country... only his ego.  You should be embarrassed for voting for him.  Its people like you that are pushing real conservatives out of the GOP.  The GOP is unrecognizable compared to 5 years ago.

Hey, I'm on record somewhere in this forum that my first 2 choices in 2016 were Rubio and Cruz. I just couldn't vote for Hillary, the stench of corruption and smugness was just too strong.

100% agree.  I refused to vote for either candidate in the 2016 Presidential election.  I left the top of the ticket blank for the only time in my life.  But if I could go back in time I'd pinch my nose and vote for Hillary, knowing now how much of a disaster Trump would be.  I'd vote for a bologna sandwich before Trump.

(11-07-2020, 11:43 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:38 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Hey, I'm on record somewhere in this forum that my first 2 choices in 2016 were Rubio and Cruz. I just couldn't vote for Hillary, the stench of corruption and smugness was just too strong.

100% agree.  I refused to vote for either candidate in the 2016 Presidential election.  I left the top of the ticket blank for the only time in my life.  But if I could go back in time I'd pinch my nose and vote for Hillary, knowing now how much of a disaster Trump would be.  I'd vote for a bologna sandwich before Trump.

Get out of my head! I didn't invite you!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 11:47 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-07-2020, 11:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:43 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: 100% agree.  I refused to vote for either candidate in the 2016 Presidential election.  I left the top of the ticket blank for the only time in my life.  But if I could go back in time I'd pinch my nose and vote for Hillary, knowing now how much of a disaster Trump would be.  I'd vote for a bologna sandwich before Trump.

Get out of my head! I didn't invite you!

Apparently we are the same person.  Like Fight Club. Except when it comes to QBR.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 11:50 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-07-2020, 11:43 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:38 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Hey, I'm on record somewhere in this forum that my first 2 choices in 2016 were Rubio and Cruz. I just couldn't vote for Hillary, the stench of corruption and smugness was just too strong.

Are you Doug Marrone in disguise? :-)
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-07-2020, 11:21 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, what a load of horse manure.

OK Trump boy.  Enjoy your LOSS.  

Banana

Its Trumpers like you that pushed lifelong GOPer's like me out of the party this election.  If the GOP party keeps going in the QAnon direction, a bunch more will be defecting.  See "Lincoln Project"

Dude, as he has said 100 times, he didn't vote for Trump.

(11-07-2020, 11:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:21 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: OK Trump boy.  Enjoy your LOSS.  

Banana

Its Trumpers like you that pushed lifelong GOPer's like me out of the party this election.  If the GOP party keeps going in the QAnon direction, a bunch more will be defecting.  See "Lincoln Project"

Dude, as he has said 100 times, he didn't vote for Trump.

OK.  I haven't really paid attention to any of his posts because he's added no substance to the conversation.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 12:06 AM by NewJagsCity.)

So, a theoretical question. 90% of Biden's campaigning was that "We must get control of the pandemic". What if we are 10 months into his presidency ( same amount of time Trump had to deal with it), and it's still not under control? Do we label Biden a failure? A weak president who didn't deliver on his main campaign promise? Or will everything be 'cool' and he'll get a pass because we are all "united" now, and "No one could reasonably be expected to be able to handle a pandemic like this". As someone who just recovered from covid, I hope we as a nation get it under control. But is the Biden honeymoon over if, God forbid, it gets worse? Or was it convenient enough that we latched onto the pandemic and it's effects to vote out Trump?

Media will cover for him as long as possible but real people have had enough.

I cant wait to watch all of these Trump appointed judges shoot down all the executive orders Biden implements.

(11-08-2020, 12:00 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: So, a theoretical question.  90% of Biden's campaigning was that "We must get control of the pandemic". What if we are 10 months into his presidency ( same amount of time Trump had to deal with it), and it's still not under control?  Do we label Biden a failure? A weak president who didn't deliver on his main campaign promise? Or will everything be 'cool' and he'll get a pass because "No one could reasonably be expected to be able to handle a pandemic like this". As someone who just recovered from covid, I hope we as a nation get it under control. But is the Biden honeymoon over if, God forbid, it gets worse? Or was it convenient enough that we latched onto the pandemic and it's effects to vote out Trump?

Good question.  Since he's not even going to be in charge for 2 and 1/2 months, I would hope we are closer to a vaccine and better therapeutics by that time.  A piece of me thinks Trump might be a big enough a$$ to slow things down or sabotage it a bit now that he's lost, but I want to think others won't allow that to happen.  So yah, if it gets worse than it is (if that is even possible) then criticism is fair.  But I am sure he will follow the science and model the CDC guidelines himself, instead of fighting with the experts.  I can't believe we could have had a worse response than what Trump gave us.

(11-08-2020, 12:10 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 12:00 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: So, a theoretical question.  90% of Biden's campaigning was that "We must get control of the pandemic". What if we are 10 months into his presidency ( same amount of time Trump had to deal with it), and it's still not under control?  Do we label Biden a failure? A weak president who didn't deliver on his main campaign promise? Or will everything be 'cool' and he'll get a pass because "No one could reasonably be expected to be able to handle a pandemic like this". As someone who just recovered from covid, I hope we as a nation get it under control. But is the Biden honeymoon over if, God forbid, it gets worse? Or was it convenient enough that we latched onto the pandemic and it's effects to vote out Trump?

Good question.  Since he's not even going to be in charge for 2 and 1/2 months, I would hope we are closer to a vaccine and better therapeutics by that time.  A piece of me thinks Trump might be a big enough [BLEEP] to slow things down or sabotage it a bit now that he's lost, but I want to think others won't allow that to happen.  So yah, if it gets worse than it is (if that is even possible) then criticism is fair.  But I am sure he will follow the science and model the CDC guidelines himself, instead of fighting with the experts.  I can't believe we could have had a worse response than what Trump gave us.

Shouldn't Biden provide his magic plan now that he is prez elect? Just dying to see it.

Trump implemented operation warp speed to which Cuomo and Newsom said they dont trust the vaccine. Even Biden and Harris said they dont trust it. Should they scrap it and start over?

You started the day so rational and have completely fallen off the horse.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 12:23 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-08-2020, 12:10 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:

Good question.  Since he's not even going to be in charge for 2 and 1/2 months, I would hope we are closer to a vaccine and better therapeutics by that time.  A piece of me thinks Trump might be a big enough [BLEEP] to slow things down or sabotage it a bit now that he's lost, but I want to think others won't allow that to happen.  So yah, if it gets worse than it is (if that is even possible) then criticism is fair.  But I am sure he will follow the science and model the CDC guidelines himself, instead of fighting with the experts.  I can't believe we could have had a worse response than what Trump gave us.

But that's kind of my point...a marauding virus is outside the control of politics and even possibly sometimes science. Fauci was saying early on that masks were actually harmful for you, remember that? And now we all have one. Science 'experts' may not have anymore of a clue than anyone else, especially with a virus as unpredictable as this. Would you trust the 'experts' if covid was killing people off like Ebola?