Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

There is no solution to this virus. You can only try to keep it manageable. At this point, if you continue to shut down, you will never solve anything. You are only going to keep extending the activity as when you open back up it will spike again. Unless you are willing to lock everything, and I mean everything, down and have no people movement for 3-4 weeks you will not stop anything. Then after you open back up, you have to close all borders and keep the country isolated.

No one can afford to do that, so it will continue to spike until a vaccine is developed. With the treatments and lower death rates, you are better off keeping the vulnerable people safe and isolated while opening up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sweden isn't showing a second surge. Wonder why?

(11-01-2020, 04:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Sweden isn't showing a second surge. Wonder why?

Are you sure about that?
https://www.google.com/search?q=sweden+covid+cases
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I was talking about deaths, but if there's an uptick in cases, deaths could follow. We'll know in 3 weeks or so.

(11-01-2020, 02:53 PM)p_rushing Wrote: There is no solution to this virus. You can only try to keep it manageable. At this point, if you continue to shut down, you will never solve anything. You are only going to keep extending the activity as when you open back up it will spike again. Unless you are willing to lock everything, and I mean everything, down and have no people movement for 3-4 weeks you will not stop anything. Then after you open back up, you have to close all borders and keep the country isolated.

No one can afford to do that, so it will continue to spike until a vaccine is developed. With the treatments and lower death rates, you are better off keeping the vulnerable people safe and isolated while opening up.

Australia has managed that. Competent government is nice.

(11-01-2020, 04:45 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 02:53 PM)p_rushing Wrote: There is no solution to this virus. You can only try to keep it manageable. At this point, if you continue to shut down, you will never solve anything. You are only going to keep extending the activity as when you open back up it will spike again. Unless you are willing to lock everything, and I mean everything, down and have no people movement for 3-4 weeks you will not stop anything. Then after you open back up, you have to close all borders and keep the country isolated.

They haven't though. As soon as they open restrictions, it spikes back and they have to shut down. New Zealand tried it and failed when they thought they had it eradicated. You cannot stop it unless you keep everyone locked in 1 location with no movement. That means everyone, police, government, fire, etc. No one leaves their location unless they have a hazmat suit on.

People cannot survive a lock down like that. Smaller communities that are self sufficient could but no city can do it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(11-01-2020, 04:35 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I was talking about deaths, but if there's an uptick in cases, deaths could follow. We'll know in 3 weeks or so.

US is still averaging about 1 death per 200 confirmed cases.  Sweden is looking like 1 death 400 confirmed cases.  Something's off about the reporting, either theirs or ours.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2020, 06:05 PM by lastonealive.)

(11-01-2020, 04:56 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 04:45 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Australia has managed that. Competent government is nice.
They haven't though. As soon as they open restrictions, it spikes back and they have to shut down. New Zealand tried it and failed when they thought they had it eradicated. You cannot stop it unless you keep everyone locked in 1 location with no movement. That means everyone, police, government, fire, etc. No one leaves their location unless they have a hazmat suit on.

People cannot survive a lock down like that. Smaller communities that are self sufficient could but no city can do it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Not correct. One state of Australia messed up due to hiring the private sector instead of using the police on hotel quarantine.

My state has been open for ages. No masks, go to the football, travel no cases. Now the key is not opening borders except to the likes of new Zealand. US and Europe are way too far gone.

(11-01-2020, 05:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 04:35 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I was talking about deaths, but if there's an uptick in cases, deaths could follow. We'll know in 3 weeks or so.

US is still averaging about 1 death per 200 confirmed cases.  Sweden is looking like 1 death 400 confirmed cases.  Something's off about the reporting, either theirs or ours.

They have better health care over there too which would be a factor. But it's really hard to compare due to testing rates, Sweden may just be picking up more mild cases.

Trump to fire Fauci soon

Birx too

Probably Redfield as well

...and a bunch more
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Good.

I literally have not heard a thing about COVID-19 since Tuesday.

(11-05-2020, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I literally have not heard a thing about COVID-19 since Tuesday.

The US is posting the highest number of daily new confirmed cases ever as of yesterday.

(11-05-2020, 10:36 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I literally have not heard a thing about COVID-19 since Tuesday.

The US is posting the highest number of daily new confirmed cases ever as of yesterday.

(11-05-2020, 10:36 AM)mikesez Wrote:

And it will increase significantly if Biden is elected because he's vowed to double the number of drive thru testing sites.

Here's my personal experience with the virus:
I just retested this past Monday and was negative. I tested on October 9th and was found to be positive. I had fever for a solid week, in the 100 to 102 range, but I've been free of fever since last Thursday. The only sense of taste that changed for me was that salt tasted saltier. I visited the ER a week after testing positive because I was a little short of breath and was wheezing a bit, but the chest x-ray showed clear lungs, and didn't indicate I had any pneumonia. I have never smoked, and don't suffer from asthma or COPD, so that helped. Got a z-pack and a steroid shot, and that cleared up the shortness of breath and body aches that I was experiencing. I guess in summary I would say that this was for me very much like a prolonged flu. I'm 63, so I guess I'm living proof that you can recover from this reasonably well past 60, but again it helps to have a good record of Health. As far as how I acquired it, I have no idea. I work from home, and I rarely leave the house except to go to the grocery or pick up food at restaurants, and always wear an n95 mask in public. Disturbingly enough, I have heard of people who think they got this from takeout food (through ungloved handling or sneezing) and I certainly wouldn't rule that out considering I have no idea where else I could have gotten it. I don't blame our government or anybody in charge for having caught this; the only blame I would ever even consider levying against anyone would be the originators of it, if that can ever be conclusively proven. Thankful that I'm over it and back to normal, and am now more sympathetic to those who are experiencing it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 03:56 PM by captivating.)

(11-05-2020, 10:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 10:36 AM)mikesez Wrote: The US is posting the highest number of daily new confirmed cases ever as of yesterday.

I think that's 'cause we have bigger news.

1.  The new president elect.

2.  The salty current president with the perfect melt.

3. A new QB for the Jags

(11-08-2020, 03:52 PM)captivating Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 10:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I literally have not heard a thing about COVID-19 since Tuesday.

I think that's 'cause we have bigger news.

1.  The new president elect.

2.  The salty current president with the perfect melt.

3.  A new QB for the Jags

[Image: D486-B6-F5-212-A-4934-ABAC-92-FC39-AB1-E3-C.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-01-2020, 04:45 PM)lastonealive Wrote:

Australia and NZ are just pretend countries anyway.  Do they even exist?  Are you a part of the lamestream media spreading fake news.

The USA have handled this crisis better than every country in the continental US of A....FACT!!

(11-08-2020, 04:11 PM)captivating Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 04:45 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Australia has managed that. Competent government is nice.

Australia and NZ are just pretend countries anyway.  Do they even exist?  Are you a part of the lamestream media spreading fake news.

The USA have handled this crisis better than every country in the continental US of A....FACT!!

What?