Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

The joke is on us, I suppose. We’re tossing a part of our inheritance.

...and part of our inheritance is trash. It’s like they keep all the good stuff for themselves. If I end up changing diapers, there better be more, lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-11-2020, 07:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My father-in-law and MIL are terrible with accumulating and keeping stuff. They're not hoarders but they have a lot of stuff that means nothing to anyone but them. My FIL jokingly said we're, meaning me, my husband and sister-in-law, going to have "fun" going through their stuff when they die. I told my husband if it's left to me it will all go to the landfill after he and his sister keep what they want. If they can't bother to get rid of stuff as they go I can't be bothered to care about what happens to their junk.

There goes the Honus Wagner card he's had tucked away in a shoebox for the last 50 years.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-11-2020, 05:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 05:34 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Complete opposite in my family. We all have a small pile of my dad's crap stuffed in a barn or shed.

Your dad sounds like a serious hoarder.

Not to the disgusting level like you see on TV but yeah. Big time trouble with parting with things. 

But I wait until he's out of town and toss it little by little and he never notices lol.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 10:18 AM by RicoTx.)

(11-12-2020, 01:21 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 05:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Your dad sounds like a serious hoarder.

Not to the disgusting level like you see on TV but yeah. Big time trouble with parting with things. 

But I wait until he's out of town and toss it little by little and he never notices lol.

Same here with my wife.  She doesn't want to throw out anything.  I usually sneak it in the trash incrementally.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Hell, when my Mom passed away, my brother was going through her stuff and found bank statements from the 1970's........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(11-12-2020, 10:18 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 01:21 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Not to the disgusting level like you see on TV but yeah. Big time trouble with parting with things. 

Same here with my wife.  She doesn't want to throw out anything.  I usually sneak it in the trash incrementally.

Me too. However, I caught up with years of her clutter during The Great Purge. Some of her junk, ahem, "inadvertently" got mixed in with the kids' stuff for the one way trip to the landfill. 

I did make one discovery, though. She remembered more of what she had collected over the years than I thought. Every once in a while she'll ask me where this or that is and if I threw it out. I was in such a foamy bezerker mode during the purge that I don't remember every thing I tossed into the back of the truck, so my pat answer is 'yes, it's gone'.  

I have no regrets!

(11-12-2020, 10:39 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Hell, when my Mom passed away, my brother was going through her stuff and found bank statements from the 1970's........

Oh, that's another thing my wife collected. During my years of work travel she would get the mail, open anything that seemed urgent, and then stash the rest in boxes. Apparently waiting for me to open upon my return.  I shredded reams of statements and invoices, and even found a rebate check that was still valid. It was unbelievable the amount of old mail I had to dispose of. 

My wife is a definite pack rat. I know it comes from an early life of grinding hand-to-mouth poverty that none of us could even fathom. She sees value in everything. After all these years I still have to convince her that some things are just not worth holding on to. Or, an alternative I've found that seems to work well with her is to give the item to someone she thinks might need it or donate to Goodwill. The struggle is real.

I'm not really a "stuff" guy, i part with most anything. But sitting here reading this as the garbage man just tossed my daughter's car seat in the truck, I'm a touch pensive. Thoughts of little arms and legs that aren't so little anymore, and how quickly she'll join her sisters already living in homes of their own. I'm blessed to have had them all in my home, and it seems so quiet here when they are gone.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Oooooo...it's Friday the 13th.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-13-2020, 08:56 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Oooooo...it's Friday the 13th.

Not just Friday the 13th. It's Friday the 13th, 2020.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020, 03:23 PM by homebiscuit.)

(11-13-2020, 02:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 08:56 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Oooooo...it's Friday the 13th.

Not just Friday the 13th. It's Friday the 13th, 2020.

That just added a whole new dimension of portentousness.

I think even Jason will call a lid on this one.

I recently discovered that a license to grow hemp in Tennessee only cost $250. There is also a license to transport it. I’m not sure of the cost but it’s not very much. The best part of this is once you have the hemp license your location is noted on DEA and other law-enforcement databases and ignored by helicopters and other surveillance. So you can grow marijuana in the same patch without detection. You could also transport it underneath hemp plants and if you are pulled over and show your license to both grow and transport they only look at what you tell them is the hemp plants and they don’t look underneath to see if you were also transporting marijuana.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-13-2020, 03:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 02:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Not just Friday the 13th. It's Friday the 13th, 2020.

That just added a whole new dimension of portentousness.

I think even Jason will call a lid on this one.

Dude isn't stupid, just psycho. He knows better.

I found my missing cat. She was under the house this whole time. Her throat was ripped out. [BLEEP] opossums are going to die.

(11-13-2020, 08:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I found my missing cat. She was under the house this whole time. Her throat was ripped out. [BLEEP] opossums are going to die.

Damn, that sucks. Sometimes nature sucks.

I was recently given a beagle named Rose by a friend who didn’t have room for her. Couple of weeks ago she took off with her buddy, and Australian Shepherd actually named Buddy, to roam the woods around here. Buddy returned the next day, Rose hasn’t been seen since. She’s very friendly and trusting, I hope somebody took her in. But I fear the worst.
- Bob Marley

(11-13-2020, 08:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I found my missing cat. She was under the house this whole time. Her throat was ripped out. [BLEEP] opossums are going to die.

I’m so sorry!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-13-2020, 05:49 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I recently discovered that a license to grow hemp in Tennessee only cost $250. There is also a license to transport it. I’m not sure of the cost but it’s not very much. The best part of this is once you have the hemp license your location is noted on DEA and other law-enforcement databases and ignored by helicopters and other surveillance. So you can grow marijuana in the same patch without detection. You could also transport it underneath hemp plants and if you are pulled over and show your license to both grow and transport they only look at what you tell them is the hemp plants and they don’t look underneath to see if you were also transporting marijuana.

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/weighing-t...ollination

Be very careful.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 01:47 AM by americus 2.0.)

(11-13-2020, 08:53 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

Damn, that sucks. Sometimes nature sucks.

I was recently given a beagle named Rose by a friend who didn’t have room for her. Couple of weeks ago she took off with her buddy, and Australian Shepherd actually named Buddy, to roam the woods around here. Buddy returned the next day, Rose hasn’t been seen since. She’s very friendly and trusting, I hope somebody took her in. But I fear the worst.

Yes, it does suck. She was a sweet girl but would fiercely defend herself. This is hitting me harder than I thought it would. 

Rose probably dissed Buddy for Romeo who swept her off her paws for the VIP life. My hope for our girl was she was invited into the neighborhood posse as needed security. Lol. 

Honestly it sucked not knowing. As gruesome as the outcome was I'm glad to know what happened. It was hard to go outside everyday and hope I'd see her come around the corner only to be disappointed over and over. We're going to bury her tomorrow in her favorite spot in the yard. Her feline brother has been crying all week. I freaking hate 2020.

(11-13-2020, 09:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

I’m so sorry!

Thank you. =^..^=

(11-13-2020, 10:02 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 05:49 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I recently discovered that a license to grow hemp in Tennessee only cost $250. There is also a license to transport it. I’m not sure of the cost but it’s not very much. The best part of this is once you have the hemp license your location is noted on DEA and other law-enforcement databases and ignored by helicopters and other surveillance. So you can grow marijuana in the same patch without detection. You could also transport it underneath hemp plants and if you are pulled over and show your license to both grow and transport they only look at what you tell them is the hemp plants and they don’t look underneath to see if you were also transporting marijuana.

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/weighing-t...ollination

Be very careful.

Oh I’m not going to do it, but I do know a guy that does and he solves that problem with clones. He does it on a small scale, it’s not cost prohibitive. We are seriously considering growing hemp because medical cannabis is coming soon enough and the hemp license will apply to that too.

I’ve avoided legal issues during my nearly 50 years of cannabis use, mainly because I never sold for profit.
- Bob Marley

(11-15-2020, 01:14 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 10:02 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/weighing-t...ollination

Be very careful.

Oh I’m not going to do it, but I do know a guy that does and he solves that problem with clones. He does it on a small scale, it’s not cost prohibitive. We are seriously considering growing hemp because medical cannabis is coming soon enough and the hemp license will apply to that too.

I’ve avoided legal issues during my nearly 50 years of cannabis use, mainly because I never sold for profit.

I nearly planted 200 acres of hemp but decided against it. About half the commercial farmers I know that try it go belly up trying it. Real wild west type stuff, too rich for my blood. 

Getting processors to dry it is a big problem out here.