Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 08:32 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-16-2020, 07:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 07:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That's pretty much where we're sliding.

Good thing the people making over 400k will be paying for it.

I've got a feeling you are safe from that indignity...

(11-16-2020, 08:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 06:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/AmyEGardner/status/1...22721?s=19
And no one is commenting on this? 

Weird right? Wonder why.....

The sheep only hear the one voice of their own shepherd...

Again, the difference between forming an evidence-based opinion and arguing about opinion-based evidence. Trumpers are the latter. Even flat-earthers can give you opinion-based evidence, despite an overwhelming amount of contradictory real evidence. Same with Trumpers.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-16-2020, 08:24 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 07:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good thing the people making over 400k will be paying for it.

I've got a feeling you are safe from that indignity...

(11-16-2020, 08:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And no one is commenting on this? 

Again, the difference between forming an evidence-based opinion and arguing about opinion-based evidence.  Trumpers are the latter.  Even flat-earthers can give you opinion-based evidence, despite an overwhelming amount of contradictory real evidence.  Same with Trumpers.

The dude who went dark for a week because he has a dead end job with no internet should probably take a seat on this one.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 08:38 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-16-2020, 08:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 08:24 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I've got a feeling you are safe from that indignity...

Again, the difference between forming an evidence-based opinion and arguing about opinion-based evidence.  Trumpers are the latter.  Even flat-earthers can give you opinion-based evidence, despite an overwhelming amount of contradictory real evidence.  Same with Trumpers.

The dude who went dark for a week because he has a dead end job with no internet should probably take a seat on this one.

Glad to hear your taxes won't be going up... but keep looking out for the struggling 1%ers!
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-16-2020, 08:36 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 08:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The dude who went dark for a week because he has a dead end job with no internet should probably take a seat on this one.

Glad to hear your taxes won't be going up...

What you do on the oil rig is important.  Just surprised you voted for the guy who wants to put you out of work.

(11-16-2020, 08:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 08:36 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Glad to hear your taxes won't be going up...

What you do on the oil rig is important.  Just surprised you voted for the guy who wants to put you out of work.

I need some time off anyway...

Can someone just shoot me now? At 38, is it too late to be aborted? This is freaking stupid.

(11-16-2020, 08:42 PM)Jags Wrote: Can someone just shoot me now? At 38, is it too late to be aborted?  This is freaking stupid.

Not in Joe Bidens America.  They are all in on late term abortion.

(11-16-2020, 08:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 08:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And no one is commenting on this? 

Sorry...we’re gonna need to see proof of him doing that. Until then, it didn’t happen.
So you need proof of fraud?

Hmmm. What an odd concept.....

(11-16-2020, 08:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 08:24 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I've got a feeling you are safe from that indignity...

When you can't defeat the argument, attack the man.
Since when is working on an oil rig a dead end job?!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-16-2020, 09:25 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 08:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The dude who went dark for a week because he has a dead end job with no internet should probably take a seat on this one.

It beats being a pollster.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 09:29 PM by mikesez.)

(11-16-2020, 08:42 PM)Jags Wrote: Can someone just shoot me now? At 38, is it too late to be aborted?  This is freaking stupid.

Suicide is a crime but it's pretty hard to prosecute...
Now if I help you that is a crime.
Also, there are people who know you and love you and need you to stick around with them.
Please reach out to 800 273 8255 before you do anything else.
It's OK, even if it doesn't always feel OK. You don't have to fake it here.

(11-16-2020, 09:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 09:25 PM)mikesez Wrote: When you can't defeat the argument, attack the man.

It beats being a pollster.

Truth! 
But people with sucky jobs find new jobs all the time.  It has nothing to do with whether or not their opinions are valid.

(11-16-2020, 09:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Suicide is a crime but it's pretty hard to prosecute...
Now if I help you that is a crime.
Also, there are people who know you and love you and need you to stick around with them.
Please reach out to 800 273 8255 before you do anything else.
It's OK, even if it doesn't always feel OK.  You don't have to fake it here.

(11-16-2020, 09:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It beats being a pollster.

Truth! 
But people with sucky jobs find new jobs all the time.  It has nothing to do with whether or not their opinions are valid.

Btw, he presented no argument to me. He attacked me implying I am a sub-400k earner. Check it out.

(11-16-2020, 09:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 09:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Truth! 

Btw, he presented no argument to me. He attacked me implying I am a sub-400k earner. Check it out.

His sound argument about opinion based evidence vs evidence based opinion was presented to Cleatwood, and that gets jumbled up into your response.  

It's a little bug in the forum.

But, not for nothing, if you want better arguments in response, try initiating with better arguments.

We can all do better here.

2600 uncounted votes found in GA....

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 10:33 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

Nothing wrong with oil rig work, but he is clueless what I do.  As he is about most things. I just let him keep some of his delusions... like his high-earner taxes are going to go up.

(11-16-2020, 09:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 2600 uncounted votes found in GA....

I heard on LibMaxx that ALL of those 2600 votes were for Biden.  Trump was doing all the fraud!

I also saw there Lindsey Graham is having an affair with Nancy Pelosi.  LibMaxx is the lefty version of NewsMaxx.  Go check it out!

I also saw Mitch McConnell admitted to an affair with a reindeer too.

When the guy you voted for wants to get rid of oil rigs.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-16-2020, 10:11 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 09:25 PM)mikesez Wrote: When you can't defeat the argument, attack the man.

It's always a pleasure when someone else can see the irony.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 10:17 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-16-2020, 10:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 10:11 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: When the guy you voted for wants to get rid of oil rigs.

It's always a pleasure when someone else can see the irony.

It would actually be ironic if it were true.  But alas, like the majority of your posts, it is not.

(11-16-2020, 10:11 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Europe and Japan are going to develop more sustainable cars and ships and airplanes with or without us.  The cruise ships currently being welded together in Germany and France mostly use LNG, not oil. Airbus is committed to making not one but three different hydrogen fueled aircraft. Electric cars are still more expensive than gas, but the gap is closing.
We will not block the import and use of these cars and ships and airplanes.
If those cars and ships and airplanes make economic sense, demand for oil will reduce drastically.
All of that is in the future regardless of who we choose to be president of the US.  We are the biggest economy, but we are only about 30% of the world economy.

But
We would still need plastics, lubricants, and pharmaceuticals derived from petroleum. It won't become like coal is. Petroleum has uses, things that are really hard to find a substitute for  beyond just burning it.  Coal doesn't.
Petroleum extraction is in for some hurt - but it's not going to stop.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 11:05 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-16-2020, 10:59 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 10:11 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: When the guy you voted for wants to get rid of oil rigs.

Europe and Japan are going to develop more sustainable cars and ships and airplanes with or without us.  The cruise ships currently being welded together in Germany and France mostly use LNG, not oil. Airbus is committed to making not one but three different hydrogen fueled aircraft. Electric cars are still more expensive than gas, but the gap is closing.
We will not block the import and use of these cars and ships and airplanes.
If those cars and ships and airplanes make economic sense, demand for oil will reduce drastically.
All of that is in the future regardless of who we choose to be president of the US.  We are the biggest economy, but we are only about 30% of the world economy.

But
We would still need plastics, lubricants, and pharmaceuticals derived from petroleum. It won't become like coal is. Petroleum has uses, things that are really hard to find a substitute for  beyond just burning it.  Coal doesn't.
Petroleum extraction is in for some hurt - but it's not going to stop.

Well said... on the money with all your points.

Other than your views on QBR, you're a pretty smart guy!

But apparently I am your alter ego, so I have to say that.   Laughing