Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(11-17-2020, 04:37 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The statement in bold was true months ago.

I posted a rant that said that very thing months ago in this very thread.........And was laughed at........ Who is right now??????

I agreed with you then and still agree with you now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-17-2020, 04:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 03:32 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Just had this conversation with my Daughter that works in a Nursing Home. They have taken every precaution that they can, restrict visitation, the patients don't go out, and masks as well as other things. They are getting a spike in COVID cases and they can't figure out why. It's obvious that Masks don't work and other precautions taken are not doing their job so IMHO, all this Lockdown, Mask stuff is total Male Bovine Droppings. It's about control and nothing else, it's not about your health anymore.

The statement in bold was true months ago.

Control?  Who do you think is trying to exercise this "control" and for what purpose?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Mask help even though they arent perfect. Washing hands, keeping some distsnce and not going in big crowds for a large amount of time also helps. There is nothing perfect.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 08:38 PM by Jags.)

I’m a fan of masks simply because I find everyone more attractive.  Idk if it had any health benefits or not.  It may help cure ED, idk.  I’m not a doctor

Yah, masks definitely evens the playing field for the butterfaces with the pretty girls

(11-17-2020, 08:51 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Yah, masks definitely evens the playing field for the butterfaces with the pretty girls

If you combine a girl wearing a mask and big sunglasses....whoah boy! 

Side note, my dentist would probably be the only person I recognize out in public these days.

PA says wear a mask in your house, haha.

(11-17-2020, 11:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: PA says wear a mask in your house, haha.

I still see people wearing a mask while driving their car and they're alone.

You dont need a mask if you are in your car by yourself or jogging by your self. Its all common sense

(11-17-2020, 04:37 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The statement in bold was true months ago.

I posted a rant that said that very thing months ago in this very thread.........And was laughed at........ Who is right now??????

You were wrong months ago and still wrong now.

Masks make a difference and always have.  A cloth mask is intended to trap droplets that are released when the wearer talks, coughs or sneezes. Asking everyone to wear cloth masks can help reduce the spread of the virus by people who have COVID-19 but don't realize it.

Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus when they are widely used by people in public settings. And countries that required face masks, testing, isolation and social distancing early in the pandemic have successfully slowed the spread of the virus.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020, 07:17 AM by homebiscuit.)

Wear the mask, people. Keep doing the things we’ve been doing to keep the numbers low. Don’t allow COVID fatigue (we all have it) to start giving fool politicians power trips and shutting life down again.

(11-18-2020, 12:55 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 11:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: PA says wear a mask in your house, haha.

I still see people wearing a mask while driving their car and they're alone.
I think some people just forget to take it off.

Ok, now let's do operation warp speed for cancer research...

(11-18-2020, 08:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ok, now let's do operation warp speed for cancer research...

Not remotely the same thing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020, 10:05 AM by mikesez.)

(11-18-2020, 07:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Wear the mask, people. Keep doing the things we’ve been doing to keep the numbers low. Don’t allow COVID fatigue (we all have it) to start giving fool politicians power trips and shutting life down again.

Yes please!
Just because someone somewhere got vaccinated doesn't mean we get to stop wearing masks.
we get to stop wearing masks when the number of new cases goes way down and stays down.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020, 02:25 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-18-2020, 04:42 AM)captivating Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:37 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I posted a rant that said that very thing months ago in this very thread.........And was laughed at........ Who is right now??????

You were wrong months ago and still wrong now.

Masks make a difference and always have.  A cloth mask is intended to trap droplets that are released when the wearer talks, coughs or sneezes. Asking everyone to wear cloth masks can help reduce the spread of the virus by people who have COVID-19 but don't realize it.

Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus when they are widely used by people in public settings. And countries that required face masks, testing, isolation and social distancing early in the pandemic have successfully slowed the spread of the virus.

That's Right! Everyone in China now wears masks (it's true cause I saw it on television!) and they are down to 7 new cases as of last week! Out of 1.3 billion people! Amazing!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

A study on mask effectiveness...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/healt...nmark.html
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-18-2020, 04:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: A study on mask effectiveness...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/healt...nmark.html

"It's not to protect the wearer, it's to protect everyone else from the wearer."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Nobody wearing masks here. Full stadium yesterday.

All due to quick and effective lockdown and now minimal cases

(11-18-2020, 05:48 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Nobody wearing masks here. Full stadium yesterday.

All due to quick and effective lockdown and now minimal cases

Says the guys that’s going to be posting that he tested positive in a few weeks.