Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(11-20-2020, 07:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Something that has always irritated me is when a contractor or service person parks on my yard when they are not working at my house.  The other day, I took a long walk, and when I got back to my house, there was a plumber's truck pulled off onto my grass.   I looked in the truck, and there was no one in the driver's seat.  My new neighbor, whom I had not yet met, happened to be walking out her front door, and saw me looking into the truck.  

She says, "He's working over here."  
So I said, "Well, why doesn't he park over there?"
and she replied, "There are too many cars in my driveway."  
So I got really irritated and said, "Why is he parked in my yard?  Tell him to park at your house."  
She says okay, and I went inside my house, thoroughly irritated by then.
Of course, I immediately regretted popping off to my new neighbor like that.  We have a friendly neighborhood, and she must think I'm an [BLEEP].  

I should have handled it better.  But still, I do get very irritated when people who are not working at my house pull off onto my grass.  Yes, I've become one of those guys.  But then I thought, if I don't set her straight about telling people to park on my yard, she'll just do it again.  And again and again.

Put a picket fence out front. 

I chase trespassers off on a nearly daily basis, so I'm on your side. Can't wait for the day I can gate the whole property.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-20-2020, 12:37 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 12:22 PM)Sneakers Wrote: You're quite possessive of that patch of grass.  How wide is the municipal ROW?  The answer might surprise you.  It's highly unlikely that your property begins at the edge of the street.
Problem is the county won’t replace the sod and the HOA will be giving him a letter. I’m an [BLEEP] too occasionally.  I probably would have done the same thing as Marty.

Hard to say what the right move was because we don't have information on the key variable.  Where is the new female neighbor on the hotness meter?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-20-2020, 07:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 12:37 PM)Jags Wrote: Problem is the county won’t replace the sod and the HOA will be giving him a letter. I’m an [BLEEP] too occasionally.  I probably would have done the same thing as Marty.

Hard to say what the right move was because we don't have information on the key variable.  Where is the new female neighbor on the hotness 
Very valid consideration. (Say, you haven’t been a former employee of mine have you?)   But there are two arguments. 1 play it cool, 2 despite your hotness [BLEEP] of.  Either one could potentially land you the prize.  But you’ve gotta look out for #1 and tell them to toss off.  Marty is right.  They’ll keep doing it.  When I bought my house I was unpacking while a neighbor came by to say hello.  I happened to have gotten someOf their mail.  I said “oh you’re “xxxxxx” I’ve got some mail inside that’s for you.”. Well the previous owners were apparently Mr and Mrs Awesome/neighborhood party host.   I walk in to get the mail and this [BLEEP] follows me into my house.  I said “whoah, hang on a sec, idk what happened here before, but this is my house now. You can stay outside, I’ll bring the mail out to you. “ nipped that in the bud.  About 3 years later we were civil again.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 08:10 AM by The Real Marty.)

(11-20-2020, 07:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 12:37 PM)Jags Wrote: Problem is the county won’t replace the sod and the HOA will be giving him a letter. I’m an [BLEEP] too occasionally.  I probably would have done the same thing as Marty.

Hard to say what the right move was because we don't have information on the key variable.  Where is the new female neighbor on the hotness meter?

(11-21-2020, 08:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 07:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Hard to say what the right move was because we don't have information on the key variable.  Where is the new female neighbor on the hotness meter?

You made the right choice!

[Image: get-off-my-lawn.jpg]

Trying to get all of the tomato paste out of the can.

(11-22-2020, 07:07 PM)Jags Wrote: Trying to get all of the tomato paste out of the can.
[Image: 734-FEDFE-2433-41-E0-9-CF7-02-FA88672-A98.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-22-2020, 07:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:07 PM)Jags Wrote: Trying to get all of the tomato paste out of the can.
[Image: 734-FEDFE-2433-41-E0-9-CF7-02-FA88672-A98.jpg]

I wish they packaged it better.  How? Idk.  But good gosh is it a pia to get it all out.  Especially considering I was a tad short on the paste.

(11-22-2020, 07:21 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 734-FEDFE-2433-41-E0-9-CF7-02-FA88672-A98.jpg]

I wish they packaged it better.  How? Idk.  But good gosh is it a pia to get it all out.  Especially considering I was a tad short on the paste.

Open both ends of the can, usually works for me.

(11-22-2020, 07:22 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:21 PM)Jags Wrote: I wish they packaged it better.  How? Idk.  But good gosh is it a pia to get it all out.  Especially considering I was a tad short on the paste.

Open both ends of the can, usually works for me.

Yep, that's how I do it.

That’s how I do it too. But it still sucks. Like, it sucks it all in the can! Normally I’d be frustrated to begin with, but like I said, I was short. So after all the shaking and baking I was using a knife to get the rest. Either way. It sucks. Surely y’all have my back on this.

(11-22-2020, 07:38 PM)Jags Wrote: That’s how I do it too. But it still sucks.  Like, it sucks it all in the can!  Normally I’d be frustrated to begin with, but like I said, I was short.  So after all the shaking and baking I was using a knife to get the rest.  Either way.  It sucks.  Surely y’all have my back on this.

It definitely sucks

(11-22-2020, 07:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:22 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Open both ends of the can, usually works for me.

Yep, that's how I do it.

Who said learning how to shotgun a beer in college had no practical application?

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 08:17 AM by The Real Marty.)

What are you putting the tomato paste on?  Take that stuff, put it in the can, swirl it around, take it out, and all the paste comes out with it.  

This is how my wife, who is ridiculously frugal, gets aaaaall the salad dressing out of the bottle.  She takes a little salad, puts it in the bottle, shakes the bottle, and pours or drags it back out.  Voila!

(11-23-2020, 08:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

What are you putting the tomato paste on?  Take that stuff, put it in the can, swirl it around, take it out, and all the paste comes out with it.  

This is how my wife, who is ridiculously frugal, gets aaaaall the salad dressing out of the bottle.  She takes a little salad, puts it in the bottle, shakes the bottle, and pours or drags it back out.  Voila!

I was making my moms spaghetti sauce recipe.  Came damn close to tasting like hers!

(11-22-2020, 07:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yep, that's how I do it.

Who said learning how to shotgun a beer in college had no practical application?

....why are you shotgunning tomato paste?

(11-23-2020, 11:22 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Who said learning how to shotgun a beer in college had no practical application?

....why are you shotgunning tomato paste?

You don’t?

Weirdo.

I've never opened a can of tomato paste.

(11-23-2020, 02:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I've never opened a can of tomato paste.

Weirdo.

(11-23-2020, 02:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 02:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I've never opened a can of tomato paste.

Weirdo.

It does sound a little weird. Guess I'm just not that big on spaghetti.