Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(11-24-2020, 04:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 04:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: FWIW, I know of 10 people who have never voted before in their life (2 of them are my brothers) who voted for the first time in this election because they dislike Trump.

My best friends grandma (she’s 88) and has never voted for a democrat in her life, voted for Biden because she hates Trump.

I think you’re underestimating how many people truly showed up to this election just because they hate Trump.

Similar to last election. I knew a lot of people who voted for Trump because they didn’t like Hillary.

I'm sure this is quite typical. It also explains the dearth of vocal Biden supporters previous to the election.  

My youngest daughter voted for Biden because social media told her to. Hate to say it, but that's the truth.

Interesting. I think having a job 3 years before I was able to vote gave be tangible evidence of how candidates tax policies would impact me.  I was never a Democrat.

My mom has an old friend who's 35 and 40 year old live at home. They both voted for Biden. Hilarious.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 05:01 PM by Jag88.)

I voted for biden. I didnt vote in 2016. Trump was fun to watch, but he was too much drama. We need a nice safe white man again.

(11-24-2020, 05:00 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I voted for biden. I didnt vote in 2016. Trump was fun to watch, but he was too much drama. We need a nice safe white man again.

Will an insane black woman work for you too?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 05:02 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-24-2020, 04:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 04:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: FWIW, I know of 10 people who have never voted before in their life (2 of them are my brothers) who voted for the first time in this election because they dislike Trump.

My best friends grandma (she’s 88) and has never voted for a democrat in her life, voted for Biden because she hates Trump.

I think you’re underestimating how many people truly showed up to this election just because they hate Trump.

Similar to last election. I knew a lot of people who voted for Trump because they didn’t like Hillary.

I'm sure this is quite typical. It also explains the dearth of vocal Biden supporters previous to the election.  

My youngest daughter voted for Biden because social media told her to. Hate to say it, but that's the truth.

There are two "herds" of media that each get followers misinformed by their news sources.  "Fake news" applies to both sides of the argument.  I know people that have also voted for Trump because of social media.  There are very few places to get fair and balanced reporting these days.  I try to watch a bit of both and decide whose points seem most rational on a given topic.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-24-2020, 05:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 05:00 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I voted for biden. I didnt vote in 2016. Trump was fun to watch, but he was too much drama. We need a nice safe white man again.

Will an insane black woman work for you too?

I don't agree with her or like her, but she has a firm grasp on reality.  She understands that people besides herself have needs and feelings.  So, still an upgrade over 45!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-24-2020, 05:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 05:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Will an insane black woman work for you too?

I don't agree with her or like her, but she has a firm grasp on reality.  She understands that people besides herself have needs and feelings.  So, still an upgrade over 45!

LOL!!!!!

How about the marijuana smokers she locked up and threw away the key.

I owe myself a dollar. I knew I could get you to defend Willy Brown's toy.

(11-24-2020, 05:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 05:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: I don't agree with her or like her, but she has a firm grasp on reality.  She understands that people besides herself have needs and feelings.  So, still an upgrade over 45!

LOL!!!!!

How about the marijuana smokers she locked up and threw away the key.

I owe myself a dollar. I knew I could get you to defend Willy Brown's toy.

How about the central park five?

Don't spend that dollar all in one place, now!

We will see what happens tomorrow. Seems like Powel is going after the criminal side of it. Lawsuit is supposed to be filed.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(11-24-2020, 04:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 02:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are you being serious?

Popular Vote:

Biden - 79,914,426
Clinton - 65,853,514
Obama (2012) - 65,915,795

Who wouldn't want campaign finance regulation?
FWIW, I know of 10 people who have never voted before in their life (2 of them are my brothers) who voted for the first time in this election because they dislike Trump.

I will admit that I am one that underestimated the number of "anyone but Trump" voters.  There is a guy that I work with that is pretty liberal, and at first was not going to vote in the election because he didn't like either candidate.  Something (I don't remember exactly what) changed him to vote for Biden.  Just today, he says that he has "voters regret" and wished that he didn't vote.

The one saving grace that we have right now is that it appears that Biden is loading up with establishment people around him.  Though I don't care for that much, it's better than putting the extreme left into positions.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Left or right, Americans are fairly dismal as informed voters. However, it doesn't hurt to have the MSM on your side to control the message and pad the numbers. 

PowerPoint Presentation (mrc.org)

Executive Summary:

• Biden voters were largely unaffected by the information included in this survey – more than 75% of voters that were not aware of the information prior to voting would not have changed their vote had they known the information. 
• However, 6% of Biden voters who were unaware of this information would have changed their vote to President Trump had they been aware of these messaging points. 
• Additionally, 17% of all Biden voters would have not voted for Biden if they were aware of one of these messages. 
• In 6 of the 7 states surveyed, enough voters would have not voted for Joe Biden that those states would have gone to President Trump, giving Trump 311 electoral votes and re-electing him. 
• Media Censorship stories are key 
• More than half of Biden voters surveyed were not aware that Facebook and Twitter prevented users from posting satirical images of Biden, or that Antifa groups and pages were still active on Facebook 
• Most Effective Message: 
• Energy Independence – 51% of Base Sample was not aware of this information when they voted for Biden 
• Least Effective Message: 
• European COVID-19 Shutdowns – 75% of Base Sample was aware of this information when they voted for Biden

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 08:12 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-24-2020, 07:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Left or right, Americans are fairly dismal as informed voters. However, it doesn't hurt to have the MSM on your side to control the message and pad the numbers. 

Executive Summary:

• Biden voters were largely unaffected by the information included in this survey – more than 75% of voters that were not aware of the information prior to voting would not have changed their vote had they known the information. 
• However, 6% of Biden voters who were unaware of this information would have changed their vote to President Trump had they been aware of these messaging points. 
• Additionally, 17% of all Biden voters would have not voted for Biden if they were aware of one of these messages. 
• In 6 of the 7 states surveyed, enough voters would have not voted for Joe Biden that those states would have gone to President Trump, giving Trump 311 electoral votes and re-electing him. 
• More than half of Biden voters surveyed were not aware that Facebook and Twitter prevented users from posting satirical images of Biden, or that Antifa groups and pages were still active on Facebook 
• Energy Independence – 51% of Base Sample was not aware of this information when they voted for Biden 
• European COVID-19 Shutdowns – 75% of Base Sample was aware of this information when they voted for Biden

I hear you, but you're using a far right-wing source with questionable facts to make that argument:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/media-res...enter-mrc/

I would agree that 40% of the people will vote Republican and 40% of people will vote Democrat no matter what real facts are presented; its the moderate 20% that matter.  Its the discerning, educated voter who actually tries to evaluate each issue independently before choosing their candidate that campaigns need to be really targeting to make an election successful.  And those people typically fall in the middle.  I believe that is why Trump got thrashed... not extreme political ideology per se, but his extreme personality and character flaws.  The next election, Republicans need to find an intelligent moderate and not get caught up in the anti-intellectual nature of Trumpism, imo.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 08:32 PM by mikesez.)

(11-24-2020, 07:59 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 07:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Left or right, Americans are fairly dismal as informed voters. However, it doesn't hurt to have the MSM on your side to control the message and pad the numbers. 

Executive Summary:

I hear you, but you're using a far right-wing source to make that argument:

I would agree that 40% of the people will vote Republican and 40% of people will vote Democrat no matter what real facts are presented; its the moderate 20% that matter.  Its the discerning, educated voter who actually tries to evaluate each issue independently before choosing their candidate that campaigns need to be really targeting to make an election successful.  And those people typically fall in the middle.  I believe that is why Trump got thrashed... not extreme political ideology per se, but his extreme personality and character flaws.  The next election, Republicans need to find an intelligent moderate and not get caught up in the anti-intellectual nature of Trumpism, imo.

I question the last data point there.  I was unaware that social media cooperated to block satirical memes of Biden.  One, I'm pretty sure they didn't, because I'm pretty sure I saw some.  Two, if they tried something like that, they probably applied the same rule to Trump.  Facebook uses humans in English speaking but poor countries like the Philippines to screen memes.  Those dudes will often leak the guidelines they are given.  If the guidelines were actually written to discriminate against one candidate but not the other, it would have made the news here.

(11-24-2020, 07:03 PM)p_rushing Wrote: We will see what happens tomorrow. Seems like Powel is going after the criminal side of it. Lawsuit is supposed to be filed.

Come on man.

What do you honestly think is going to happen at this point?

(11-24-2020, 07:59 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:

Executive Summary:

I hear you, but you're using a far right-wing source with questionable facts to make that argument:

Part of what characterized Trump's polarization was his willingness to push back against the biased MSM. The next Republican candidate needs to do the same but with more tact. Trump did not choose his battles wisely. However, sometimes the gloves will have to come off with the future candidate. Barring a change in the media, which is unlikely, that will forever more be part and parcel of any effective Republican campaign because Trump showed it can be done.

(11-24-2020, 08:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 07:59 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I hear you, but you're using a far right-wing source with questionable facts to make that argument:

Part of what characterized Trump's polarization was his willingness to push back against the biased MSM. The next Republican candidate needs to do the same but with more tact. Trump did not choose his battles wisely. However, sometimes the gloves will have to come off with the future candidate. Barring a change in the media, which is unlikely, that will forever more be part and parcel of any effective Republican campaign because Trump showed it can be done.

I have a feeling Trump is the future candidate.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 08:37 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-24-2020, 08:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 07:59 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I hear you, but you're using a far right-wing source with questionable facts to make that argument:

Is Fox News MSM?  By MSM do you mean "popular" or "left-leaning"?  I think everyone should call out falsehoods or bias in the media.  However, the "fake news" is happening much more on the right than the left at this moment, particularly with all the "election fraud" non-sense with no facts that gets pushed by the right-leaning news channels and Trump himself.  But BS should be called out and pushed back on whatever side its sitting.  Though Trump isn't exactly the best guy to be calling out BS.

(11-24-2020, 08:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Part of what characterized Trump's polarization was his willingness to push back against the biased MSM. The next Republican candidate needs to do the same but with more tact. Trump did not choose his battles wisely. However, sometimes the gloves will have to come off with the future candidate. Barring a change in the media, which is unlikely, that will forever more be part and parcel of any effective Republican campaign because Trump showed it can be done.

Didn’t you also have a feeling Trump would win the election?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 08:39 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-24-2020, 08:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Part of what characterized Trump's polarization was his willingness to push back against the biased MSM. The next Republican candidate needs to do the same but with more tact. Trump did not choose his battles wisely. However, sometimes the gloves will have to come off with the future candidate. Barring a change in the media, which is unlikely, that will forever more be part and parcel of any effective Republican campaign because Trump showed it can be done.

He is more likely to be inmate #474747 than President #47.

(11-24-2020, 08:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 07:03 PM)p_rushing Wrote: We will see what happens tomorrow. Seems like Powel is going after the criminal side of it. Lawsuit is supposed to be filed.

Come on man.

What is the issue with waiting to find out? Powell and Wood have good reputations and have taken down the establishment before.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(11-24-2020, 08:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Come on man.

What is the issue with waiting to find out? Powell and Wood have good reputations and have taken down the establishment before.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

You wait for that.  I'll wait for Trump's indictment.  I like my odds better than yours.