Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
people on the board (still here)

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 08:38 PM by Jags.)

(11-24-2020, 09:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Haven't heard from Darlo or Caldrac in a while.

I have wondered about him as well.  Haven’t seen him online gaming either.  I know he got married, hopefully that and life in general has just kept him busy

(11-24-2020, 12:37 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 08:15 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m sure we’re all better off with the first two. But J to the dubs brought some comic relief whether it was an intentional or not.   She has a lot of Mikesez tendencies.

Most people will just say they disagree only once, and maybe not even directly.
Me and her say it directly, and keep saying it until someone expresses anger.
if y'all would just admit you're wrong right off the bat, you wouldn't have to get angry!
Cool Rolleyes

That’s the problem with you and your new alter ego bestie.  You both think your “intellectual superiority “,lol, is always right and when someone “disagrees” they are mad.   Just because we all disagree with you, doesn’t mean that we’re mad.  Yet, you’re “so much smarter”. You should know better than that Mr Smarty Pants.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-16-2020, 12:20 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: What about Norman or something like that.

Norman Mushari/Munshari.

I haven't seen him around in a bit.

(11-24-2020, 08:35 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 09:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Haven't heard from Darlo or Caldrac in a while.

I have wondered about him as well.  Haven’t seen him online gaming either.  I know he got married, hopefully that and life in general has just kept him busy

(11-24-2020, 12:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: Most people will just say they disagree only once, and maybe not even directly.
Me and her say it directly, and keep saying it until someone expresses anger.
if y'all would just admit you're wrong right off the bat, you wouldn't have to get angry!
Cool Rolleyes

That’s the problem with you and your new alter ego bestie.  You both think your “intellectual superiority “,lol, is always right and when someone “disagrees” they are mad.   Just because we all disagree with you, doesn’t mean that we’re mad.  Yet, you’re “so much smarter”. You should know better than that Mr Smarty Pants.

I think many of you disagreed with something I said, told me you disagreed, and instead of letting it go I pushed you to anger.  Some of you are still angry with whatever first made you mad, and now no matter what I say, you still go searching for things in it to make you mad.  I could say something totally bland like, it usually rains in the afternoon in August in Jacksonville, and some of you would read it as me bashing the city or being a know-it-all.

All this happens in spite of the fact that the initial disagreement you had with me years ago was probably sincere.

All I can do is just hope some of you get over it, and try to handle the next sincere disagreement more gracefully.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Doesn't help that this recent political environment has brought out the worst from ALL sides of the table - and continuously fed into the fear, hatred, and divisiveness that both sides employ for the sake of $$$.

Why can't all of us Jags fans embrace our eternal suckage in unison?

Banana

(11-25-2020, 02:05 AM)enigma Wrote: Doesn't help that this recent political environment has brought out the worst from ALL sides of the table - and continuously fed into the fear, hatred, and divisiveness that both sides employ for the sake of $$$.

Banana

That's why I stay out of that cesspool of a forum...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-25-2020, 08:14 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 02:05 AM)enigma Wrote: Doesn't help that this recent political environment has brought out the worst from ALL sides of the table - and continuously fed into the fear, hatred, and divisiveness that both sides employ for the sake of $$$.

Banana

That's why I stay out of that cesspool of a forum...

seconded. I have enough bitterness in my meatspace that I don't need further exposure in the virtual world.

I haven't seen Shag52 on this iteration of the board. Don't know if he "moved on" or just elected to not return.

Carly and Minorcan were both fantastic. Carly pretty much tied Bullseye for best football mind, and Minorcan was a hilarious fixture on the former "Sideline". Hadn't seen either in forever. Buckethead and Jones&24 pretty much split around the same time as Bjorn. All are missed.

I don't miss TMD, and I hope the new crop TMDs follow him out the door.

thats good there are still people on the board froom when i first joined. irember jag02 passed away. Has anyone tlaked to his wife? is she doing ok?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 01:14 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-24-2020, 12:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: The heyday did the board IMO was when Alfie hadn't gone pro yet, and Vic was writing for the website.
Vic always gave us a lot to talk about.  Oehsher just doesn't say anything worth reacting to.

Alfie a pro, lol. I guess good on him for making some revenue. Didn’t agree too much with his takes tho.

Also anchormann, lol not sure I exactly miss him, but his demand to not have his account moved over was hilarious.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-30-2020, 01:12 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 12:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: The heyday did the board IMO was when Alfie hadn't gone pro yet, and Vic was writing for the website.
Vic always gave us a lot to talk about.  Oehsher just doesn't say anything worth reacting to.

Alfie a pro, lol. I guess good on him for making some revenue. Didn’t agree too much with his takes tho.

Also anchorman, lol not sure I exactly miss him, but his demand to not have his account moved over was hilarious.
That guy was such a feminine hygiene product he had to have “Massengill” tattooed on his butt and smelled like vinegar, lavender fields after a summer rain rolled up with a healthy serving of regret.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 01:49 PM by KodiakJag.)

(11-12-2020, 10:14 AM)Mikey Wrote: Some whose presence is missed (or they've renamed and avoided doxxing themselves):

Bjorn (of course)

Do you mean Bjorn Touraque?  If so, I remember that dude.  He posted some funny stuff every so often.

(11-24-2020, 09:16 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 09:28 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Jags02 passed away I think last year, really sad him and dakota hit me hard

Jags02 passed away early part of this year. I got a chance to meet both him and dakota (and Fargin) all three were fine folks. Another name that doesn't get mentioned much is Jagrams, I met her at a Jags game around 2013 or so I think. Haven't seen her on the forum in years. She was a mod for a period of time on the old forum IIRC.

I'm sorry to hear that Jags02 passed away.  I remember that he was great at keeping us updated on our cap situation.  I also remember when he lost a bet with someone and had to eat a hotdog with tomato toppings.  Good guy, and he will be missed but remembered.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-25-2020, 06:46 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I haven't seen Shag52 on this iteration of the board.  Don't know if he "moved on" or just elected to not return.

Carly and Minorcan were both fantastic.  Carly pretty much tied Bullseye for best football mind, and Minorcan was a hilarious fixture on the former "Sideline".  Hadn't seen either in forever.  Buckethead and Jones&24 pretty much split around the same time as Bjorn.  All are missed.

I enjoyed seeing the back & forth between FBT & TMD...two extremely opinionated guys with opposite personalities and viewpoints.

I miss Coltswarriors too.  He and Sammy were my two favorite Colts fans on here.

The one I was glad to see go was Jaguarswoman, and I say that while fully supporting more female input on this board.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-30-2020, 02:05 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 01:12 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Alfie a pro, lol. I guess good on him for making some revenue. Didn’t agree too much with his takes tho.

Also anchorman, lol not sure I exactly miss him, but his demand to not have his account moved over was hilarious.
That guy was such a feminine hygiene product he had to have “Massengill” tattooed on his butt and smelled like vinegar, lavender fields after a summer rain rolled up with a healthy serving of regret.

I’d forgotten about anchorman and the message board migration drama. He claimed legal rights to his profile, or something. It was all so bizarre.

I miss the girl whose name almost everyone got wrong because of the tricky spelling. It’s so tricky that I can’t remember it. She was very chill.

(11-30-2020, 06:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 02:05 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: That guy was such a feminine hygiene product he had to have “Massengill” tattooed on his butt and smelled like vinegar, lavender fields after a summer rain rolled up with a healthy serving of regret.

I’d forgotten about anchorman and the message board migration drama. He claimed legal rights to his profile, or something. It was all so bizarre.

I miss the girl whose name almost everyone got wrong because of the tricky spelling. It’s so tricky that I can’t remember it. She was very chill.

RacheInTeal?

(11-30-2020, 09:55 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 06:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’d forgotten about anchorman and the message board migration drama. He claimed legal rights to his profile, or something. It was all so bizarre.

RacheInTeal?

That's it. She went by Rache but most read her name as Rachel. She was awesome. Been gone a long time.

(11-30-2020, 06:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 02:05 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: That guy was such a feminine hygiene product he had to have “Massengill” tattooed on his butt and smelled like vinegar, lavender fields after a summer rain rolled up with a healthy serving of regret.

RacheInTeal?

(11-25-2020, 06:46 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I haven't seen Shag52 on this iteration of the board.  Don't know if he "moved on" or just elected to not return.

Carly and Minorcan were both fantastic.  Carly pretty much tied Bullseye for best football mind, and Minorcan was a hilarious fixture on the former "Sideline".  Hadn't seen either in forever.  Buckethead and Jones&24 pretty much split around the same time as Bjorn.  All are missed.

I follow Minorcan on twitter. She pops up in Jag related stuff from time to time. 

Was Carly the Wisconsin fan who called the Russell Wilson pick?

(11-30-2020, 11:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I follow Minorcan on twitter. She pops up in Jag related stuff from time to time. 

Was Carly the Wisconsin fan who called the Russell Wilson pick?

Yep, Carly nailed the Russell Wilson pick.  I think she actually wound up at Wisconsin as a student, but hey, it wasn't like I was stalking her.  That was DragonFury's job (He actually joked about it).

Any time the board had deeper, more nuanced discussions about the intricacies of the game, she'd show up and drop some truth bombs.  "OMG the coach/QB/owner/GM sux!" type posts weren't her style.

When I meet real jag fans I used to low key wonder if they where posters here. I found out once that I worked with a fellow poster for a short period of time. Since 2005 I’ve probably forgotten more people than I can recall these days but I miss the old TMD and FBT debates.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 10:15 PM by Sammy.)

A few posters I had a bit of connection with.

Sec235Beast - I bought him and his wife a Beer at a Colts game in Indy. The game rookie Cox intercepted Manning in the end zone.
BananaPhone - I don't know how many people realize he was a wordsmith genius. Real name was Jeffery. I really appreciated him, and wish he was still posting.
Scarecrow - Awesome young man, I think between me, him, and JW was how he ended up with the name Scarecrow.

BJOUR TOURAQUE ... The "J" is silent, in case you didn't know. Wes was a great poster that I missed when he stepped away. If he were still here posting with his puking cat, I think the board would have a much greater participation.

I can't list all my homies ... But one that has always had my back ... anonymous2112. Thank you, my friend.

Oh, and the Bunny, always.