Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Tmd is only upset cause Monroe was his boy another failed project.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:K. Thanks for sharing with us your lack of football knowledge.

Almost as bad as when he argued earlier today that Greg Hardy will receive a 100 million dollar contract this offseason.

Pro Football Focus graded Monroe as the NFL's 10th-best left tackle in 2012.

I think that's borderline elite. Again try Google it didn't take me long at all.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Gotta link? I sure do.
Present it.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:56 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Pro Football Focus graded Monroe as the NFL's 10th-best left tackle in 2012.

I think that's borderline elite. Again try Google it didn't take me long at all.

So, you are basing your opinion of someone being elite on PFF's best tackle list from a YEAR ago?

Have you watched him at all this year? He hasn't played well.

P.S. 10/32 isn't exactly "elite". Once again, that word gets thrown around to loosely.

Quote:Pro Football Focus graded Monroe as the NFL's 10th-best left tackle in 2012.

10th-best isn't elite. That's above average.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Are you going to counter his argument with anything besides insults? Or can you not?

I already did. Try reading back some.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:57 PM by Jinjo.)

Quote:K. Thanks for sharing with us your lack of football knowledge.

Why would a GM be inclined to give up a lot for a player they know will hit FA after this year? Hes not going to give up high draft picks plus a big contract, when he could just wait 12 weeks and only have to pay the contract. 

A top 5 draft pick who still has 3 years left on their deal, which is incredibly cheap, is a totally different situation. Here they would give up their 1st pick which would be in the 24-28 range, and only lose out on 1 year of the players deal. 

I think its your lack of knowledge that is pretty evident. 

Quote:Why would a GM be inclined to give up a lot for a player they know will hit FA after this year? Hes not going to give up high draft picks plus a big contract, when he could just wait 12 weeks and only have to pay the contract.

A top 5 draft pick who still has 3 years left on their deal, which is incredibly cheap, is a totally different situation.

I think its your lack of knowledge that is pretty evident.

Maybe you've never heard of the franchise tag. Where was he going? 28 million in cap space. We were cheap. Just accept it.

Quote:Yes, the 2.8 YPC he is averaging with the Colts so far is way above average.

didn't say or think otherwise.....I guess I should have been more clear. Richardson has been average at best before AND after the trade......and plays a non premium position.....and still was able to fetch a 1st rounder in return.....while Monroe who was above average, and played a premium position was only able to muster scraps in return. 

Quote:10th-best isn't elite. That's above average.

32 franchises. Top 10 out of 32 is pretty dammed good. Basic math 101.

Quote:So, you are basing your opinion of someone being elite on PFF's best tackle list from a YEAR ago?

Have you watched him at all this year? He hasn't played well.

P.S. 10/32 isn't exactly "elite". Once again, that word gets thrown around to loosely.
If this is the case MJD is elite because he was leading the league last year before he got hurt

Quote:32 franchises. Top 10 out of 32 is pretty dammed good. Basic math 101.
1/3 is obviously elite.

Basic math 101.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Maybe you've never heard of the franchise tag. Where was he going? 28 million in cap space. We were cheap. Just accept it.

That wasnt the original point you were making, you said the trade value didnt make sense. I proved you wrong and you change the argument. Since this argument is pretty dumb too, i while clarify it for you. 

We franchise tag Gene, and are in the same exact situation next year. No team is giving up a 1st for a Monroe when he is on a 1 year contract. It makes more sense to wait the year and go after him then. 

We are being cheap right now, because that allows us to spend in the future, when we can actually contend. Kinda like what SEA just did this past offseason. 

Quote:Present it.

First article on Google.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77629547/'>http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77629547/</a>

Want more try using Google yourself.

Quote:didn't say or think otherwise.....I guess I should have been more clear. Richardson has been average at best before AND after the trade......and plays a non premium position.....and still was able to fetch a 1st rounder in return.....while Monroe who was above average, and played a premium position was only able to muster scraps in return. 

And you continue to ignore the huge difference in their contract situations even though it has been said multiple times by different people. Why is that?

Quote:If this is the case MJD is elite because he was leading the league last year before he got hurt

He was elite last year. That's not even an argument. This year post surgery is a whole other topic.

Hello mcfly. If we do not win we are in the Bridgewater sweepstakes. Is that not what you wanted?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Trent almost had 1000 yards last year you kidding me.

Thats not a true measure of talent. One can compile 1000 rather easily in a 16 game schedule....what was his YPC? Thats a better measure over the course of a season. 

Quote:Tmd is only upset cause Monroe was his boy another failed project.

The only thing failed about Monroe was the return on the trade. You think Baltimore is seeing him as a failure right about now?? Balt fans are probably laughing for joy at what they just got a good LT for.....peanuts. 

That article also says that PFF has Monroe rated as the 15th best tackle in the league.