Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(12-09-2020, 05:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: That’s gonna be a hard pass for me!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/08/pfizer-m...rials.html

Same. Any time I've had to get the flu shot (the Army required it) I've had nasty side effects so I don't get the shots. I also never get the flu or if I do I am asymptomatic. I had the MMR and chicken pox vaccines and still got measles (10 years old) and chicken pox (3 years old) and I think I also had the mumps. I'm also sensitive to meds in that the lowest dose works for me the same as higher doses on others. So yeah, I'm not getting this shot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

100% agree.  Will continue to mask up, wash hands and social distance until we know the efficacy of these vaccines.

Thalidomide was once a brilliant cure for morning sickness and radium was once a brilliant luminous marker for wrist watches.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2020, 09:32 PM by mal234.)

(12-09-2020, 01:36 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Friggin' Cooper. He's going to to kill NC economy. I guess I have to go find a local news source to see what he's done this time.

The sad thing is, NC is breaking records for positive cases. Whether or not they're all legit is yet to be determined. We've had the department of health telling people they were positive when they weren't.

A lot of people do seem upset about this here in NC. I saw some people saying they hoped he would "shut everything down". But those people were mostly young people who sounded like they were unemployed. They probably have someone taking care of them and don't care much for people who have to work. I hope we don't go back to Phase 1 and that things get better here. 
(12-09-2020, 08:43 PM)captivating Wrote:

100% agree.  Will continue to mask up, wash hands and social distance until we know the efficacy of these vaccines.

Thalidomide was once a brilliant cure for morning sickness and radium was once a brilliant luminous marker for wrist watches.

Some of these side effects do sound alarming. I wonder what percent of participants have experienced them. I'm also concerned for elderly people and/or people who have had serious health issues taking these vaccines. I am concerned these side effects could put a lot of strain on some of their bodies.

I was one that were thinking of waiting to take the vaccine, but then I thought about taking it earlier once it became available to me. One big reason is because I am around so much exposure at work. I am considered an essential worker, so maybe I might be in one of the groups that could get it earlier. These side effects do sound a bit concerning though.

I'm not going to fault people for not wanting to take it right away, while they see what impact it initially has on people. And especially if they are able to work from home and/or work in places that have little exposure. Though it's important for people to still do other responsible things like wear masks in public/social distance, etc... Even more so if they aren't going to get the vaccine right away. Though those of us who are in high exposure jobs may really have to consider it, as a way to possibly provide much better protection for us in our work environments. And in the case of people like professional athletes, also a step in getting closer to getting things back to normal, and where they don't have to go through so many stiff rules and regulations. I just saw the new list of rules that have been put in place for the NBA this year and they are pretty strict. Some people may be tempted to take the vaccine to cut down on some of those things.

I volunteer Mike and Neptune to take the vaccine first then see how they do 2 months later.

(12-09-2020, 10:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I volunteer Mike and Neptune to take the vaccine first then see how they do 2 months later.

A test sample of 1 isn't statistically significant.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-09-2020, 10:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 10:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I volunteer Mike and Neptune to take the vaccine first then see how they do 2 months later.

Good one. 
Where's NBB lately anyhow?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

There has never been a RNA vaccine approved before this virus...that alone makes me very skeptical about it!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-09-2020, 09:17 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 01:36 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Friggin' Cooper. He's going to to kill NC economy. I guess I have to go find a local news source to see what he's done this time.

The sad thing is, NC is breaking records for positive cases. Whether or not they're all legit is yet to be determined. We've had the department of health telling people they were positive when they weren't.

A lot of people do seem upset about this here in NC. I saw some people saying they hoped he would "shut everything down". But those people were mostly young people who sounded like they were unemployed. They probably have someone taking care of them and don't care much for people who have to work. I hope we don't go back to Phase 1 and that things get better here. 
(12-09-2020, 08:43 PM)captivating Wrote: 100% agree.  Will continue to mask up, wash hands and social distance until we know the efficacy of these vaccines.

Some of these side effects do sound alarming. I wonder what percent of participants have experienced them. I'm also concerned for elderly people and/or people who have had serious health issues taking these vaccines. I am concerned these side effects could put a lot of strain on some of their bodies.

I was one that were thinking of waiting to take the vaccine, but then I thought about taking it earlier once it became available to me. One big reason is because I am around so much exposure at work. I am considered an essential worker, so maybe I might be in one of the groups that could get it earlier. These side effects do sound a bit concerning though.

I'm not going to fault people for not wanting to take it right away, while they see what impact it initially has on people. And especially if they are able to work from home and/or work in places that have little exposure. Though it's important for people to still do other responsible things like wear masks in public/social distance, etc... Even more so if they aren't going to get the vaccine right away. Though those of us who are in high exposure jobs may really have to consider it, as a way to possibly provide much better protection for us in our work environments. And in the case of people like professional athletes, also a step in getting closer to getting things back to normal, and where they don't have to go through so many stiff rules and regulations. I just saw the new list of rules that have been put in place for the NBA this year and they are pretty strict. Some people may be tempted to take the vaccine to cut down on some of those things.

If you have lasted this long without getting Covid why get a vaccine that has so many side effects and there is no guarantee it actually works? I'd just keep doing what you're doing for now. 

Those young people need to shut their mouth. They have no idea what it is to pay for any adult standard of living.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2020, 10:47 PM by KodiakJag.)

For me as well.  Dang, I actually agree with BB on something!

(12-09-2020, 10:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

LOL
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

I'll take it. Mild side effects are pretty common for vaccines.

(12-09-2020, 11:09 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I'll take it. Mild side effects are pretty common for vaccines.

I haven't decided yet. There's very little risk associated with catching the virus, there's very little risk associated with taking the vaccine. Either way it's not likely that something bad will happen, so...I don't know.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Don't you know about the herd?  Well, everybody knows that the herd's the word
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Aren't you claiming the vaccine is all because of Trump.  That'll also include the side effects of a rushed release...right?  Success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan.

I’ll get it. If any side affects do arise, they seem brief. I survived anthrax shots okay. Whiskey shots are good too, but I digress.

However, I understand some people steering clear. A lady I work with is like Americus. She told me the only flu shot she ever received put her in the hospital for three days.

More and more people I know are catching Covid-19. I didn't used to know anyone who had caught it, but now, a lot of people I know are getting it.

That's a good thing. We want to keep the deaths down, but if we can have people catching this and recovering, we will be better for it moving forward.

I know one person who's had it. My DIL's father tested positive the week before Thanksgiving and showed mild symptoms. My son texted to inform us that he and the family (his wife and two children) would not be having Thanksgiving with the rest of the family because they had been in contact with her father several times for several hours at a time during that week. He had even prepared and had a meal with them. Obviously they would be infected.

On Friday of that week my son's family all had tests done. All tested negative even though they had been subject to heavy exposure from a positive case. They attended Thanksgiving with the rest of us. Everyone is fine.

(12-09-2020, 10:32 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: There has never been a RNA vaccine approved before this virus...that alone makes me very skeptical about it!

This is why I'll never take it. Then add in the people who are funding the RNA vaccines and their thoughts on people and the world population. It makes it very suspect to take this.

Everyone got some type of symptoms and most of them were not your everyday mild symptoms. Who knows what will happen long term, how does it affect fertility, etc.

(12-10-2020, 12:03 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 10:32 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: There has never been a RNA vaccine approved before this virus...that alone makes me very skeptical about it!

This is why I'll never take it. Then add in the people who are funding the RNA vaccines and their thoughts on people and the world population. It makes it very suspect to take this.

Everyone got some type of symptoms and most of them were not your everyday mild symptoms. Who knows what will happen long term, how does it affect fertility, etc.

Do they fly around in black helicopters?

I like your bootstraps approach to life, HB, but this is a really novel vaccine. In the past, vaccines introduced watered down viruses in to our system and our bodies naturally fought it off. This vaccine, however, sends instructions to your RNA about how your body should fight this disease. It could completely revolutionize how we handle diseases moving forward, or it could be a huge mistake. It's not stupid to think that a rushed vaccine, one that functions completely differently than anything we've been exposed to in the past, is probably unsafe. When you add to the fact that it was rushed into production for a disease that isn't even deadly to MOST humans, it doesn't make sense to be first in line.

Speaking for myself, I don't want any part of a treatment that is altering my RNA. That stuff replicates, and if something goes wrong, it could be catastrophic. Now, if Covid were rampaging through the streets dropping 20% of the population, maybe sign me up. But I'm gonna hard pass for now.