Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Zach Wilson

(12-20-2020, 07:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 02:33 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Whoa hold up. I thought you said you never take others at their word and you need to see everything you judge for yourself?

I do. I never take one person's word for it. I always have to judge it for myself, but when multiple trusted sources go on record saying the exact same thing, there least has to have some merit to what is being said. It's just not coming from one source, but multiple ones. 

It's like getting an opinion on Jay Cutler and Johnny Manziel. I heard Cutler was a jerk and Manziel was arrogant and lazy and didn't spend any time trying to be a better QB. I didn't really give it much credence until many different sources came out saying the exact same thing. Then I thought there had to be something to what was being said. If there is multiple, reliable sources saying the same thing, you have to take it at face value. Later, after their careers were over, everything that was said about both men was confirmed.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Convient.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-20-2020, 09:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 07:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I do. I never take one person's word for it. I always have to judge it for myself, but when multiple trusted sources go on record saying the exact same thing, there least has to have some merit to what is being said. It's just not coming from one source, but multiple ones. 

It's like getting an opinion on Jay Cutler and Johnny Manziel. I heard Cutler was a jerk and Manziel was arrogant and lazy and didn't spend any time trying to be a better QB. I didn't really give it much credence until many different sources came out saying the exact same thing. Then I thought there had to be something to what was being said. If there is multiple, reliable sources saying the same thing, you have to take it at face value. Later, after their careers were over, everything that was said about both men was confirmed.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Convient.

Not convenient, true! Do you just take the word of one person? If so, I have some land I'll sell you.

I hope our next GM doesn't stoop down and even give one iota of a thought at drafting Wilson when Lawrence is on the board...

(12-20-2020, 09:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 09:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Convient.

Not convenient, true! Do you just take the word of one person? If so, I have some land I'll sell you.

(11-23-2020, 08:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 08:44 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I'm not even sure what you mean by that. I wouldn't draft on impulse because I'm not the GM, and I'm not trying to play board GM or even scout these players. I'm saying If the consensus is that there are two QBs at the top of the draft, we 100% need to take one. It's really not that wild of an opinion lol. 

Anyway, weren't you the guy who was raving over Mason Rudolph a few years ago? I guess I'll bow to your infinite draft wisdom on QBs.

If you haven't seen them play, how can you form an opinion? I don't ever take anyone else's word on anything. I have to see it for myself. I don't trust consensus. The consensus said that RG3 was gonna be a star QB. The consensus also said JaMarcus Russell was a "can't miss" QB and that Tom Brady was too un-athletic to make it in the NFL. I don't trust the consensus. I like to form my own opinions. 

Man you're so full of crap. Read what you said. That directly contradicts what you're saying now. You never take ANYONE'S word on ANYTHING lol. But if it's multiple reliable sources you're good? But you don't trust consensus. Except when you do. You have to see it for yourself, c'mon man.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 09:37 PM by enigma.)

(12-20-2020, 09:30 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 09:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not convenient, true! Do you just take the word of one person? If so, I have some land I'll sell you.

(11-23-2020, 08:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If you haven't seen them play, how can you form an opinion? I don't ever take anyone else's word on anything. I have to see it for myself. I don't trust consensus. The consensus said that RG3 was gonna be a star QB. The consensus also said JaMarcus Russell was a "can't miss" QB and that Tom Brady was too un-athletic to make it in the NFL. I don't trust the consensus. I like to form my own opinions. 

Man you're so full of crap. Read what you said. That directly contradicts what you're saying now. You never take ANYONE'S word on ANYTHING lol. But if it's multiple reliable sources you're good? But you don't trust consensus. Except when you do. You have to see it for yourself, c'mon man.

I had to stop replying because it was blatantly bad...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4393007]

(12-20-2020, 09:30 PM)enigma Wrote: I hope our next GM doesn't stoop down and even give one iota of a thought at drafting Wilson when Lawrence is on the board...

I really don't care either way. I believe both will be stars.

(12-20-2020, 09:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not convenient, true! Do you just take the word of one person? If so, I have some land I'll sell you.

(11-23-2020, 08:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If you haven't seen them play, how can you form an opinion? I don't ever take anyone else's word on anything. I have to see it for myself. I don't trust consensus. The consensus said that RG3 was gonna be a star QB. The consensus also said JaMarcus Russell was a "can't miss" QB and that Tom Brady was too un-athletic to make it in the NFL. I don't trust the consensus. I like to form my own opinions. 

Your talking about two different things. We can only judge these guys by play on the field. With that, I trust only what I see. Some things like medical and personal issues (i.e. injuries, attitude and work ethic) we are not privy to. In those cases, you have to rely on sources, but you can never only trust one source. You need multiple sources to form an opinion.
On field play and off the field issues are two entirely different things. Surely, you get that? Unless we are part of the organization, we'll never have access to certain information about players, but when it comes to their play, the proof is in what you see for yourself. It's like apples and oranges. You're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It's two different conversations.

You cant take his scouting seriously because of his avatar.

I look forward to this thread slowly drift away.

(12-20-2020, 10:29 PM)Upper Wrote: I look forward to this thread slowly drift away.

Wilson is still my favorite QB in the draft but you can't pass on Trevor Lawrence.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-20-2020, 09:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 09:30 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Man you're so full of crap. Read what you said. That directly contradicts what you're saying now. You never take ANYONE'S word on ANYTHING lol. But if it's multiple reliable sources you're good? But you don't trust consensus. Except when you do. You have to see it for yourself, c'mon man.

Your talking about two different things. We can only judge these guys by play on the field. With that, I trust only what I see. Some things like medical and personal issues (i.e. injuries, attitude and work ethic) we are not privy to. In those cases, you have to rely on sources, but you can never only trust one source. You need multiple sources to form an opinion.
On field play and off the field issues are two entirely different things. Surely, you get that? Unless we are part of the organization, we'll never have access to certain information about players, but when it comes to their play, the proof is in what you see for yourself. It's like apples and oranges. You're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It's two different conversations.

Yeah I get that. I'm not the one that chose the words 'anyone' and 'anything' here. Surely you understand those words?

Also, when you say you need multiple sources to form an opinion, another word for that is consensus. Which you said you don't trust. But I know, it's only for certain situations right?

(12-21-2020, 03:17 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 09:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Your talking about two different things. We can only judge these guys by play on the field. With that, I trust only what I see. Some things like medical and personal issues (i.e. injuries, attitude and work ethic) we are not privy to. In those cases, you have to rely on sources, but you can never only trust one source. You need multiple sources to form an opinion.

Yeah I get that. I'm not the one that chose the words 'anyone' and 'anything' here. Surely you understand those words?

Also, when you say you need multiple sources to form an opinion, another word for that is consensus. Which you said you don't trust. But I know, it's only for certain situations right?

I assume your an adult, I don't know for sure though. For all I know you could be a 13 year old kid. In any case, I'm sorry that the American educational system has failed you. I would assume that by now, you would understand the concept of "context." There is a huge difference between judging a players abilities on the field, which we as fans, are all witness to and judging how a player is personally, off the field, which we are not privy to. On the field play, can be judged by each one of us by watching the games and forming our own opinions based only on what we see with no one else's opinions coming into play. That was what our entire back and forth began with. Now, you are bringing in a player's work ethic and trying to input that into the same situation. 

Obviously, fans are not cognizant to what a player is like off the field. We don't know how much work they put in or how much of a leader they are, because we are not part of the team. Therefore in order to form an opinion, we must rely on multiple sources. This is completely different than forming an opinion of on the field play, which we can witness for ourselves. That is where context comes into play. So, yes, certain situations call for different rules. That's how context works.

For the record, I immediately dispelled any notion where some posters spun my words into thinking Wilson was akin to Manziel in terms of off-field issues or work ethic.

(12-21-2020, 04:28 PM)enigma Wrote: For the record, I immediately dispelled any notion where some posters spun my words into thinking Wilson was akin to Manziel in terms of off-field issues or work ethic.

+1

Zach Wilson making me feel the tiniest bit better about the possibility of us winning another game

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 08:58 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

(12-20-2020, 10:12 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 09:30 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Man you're so full of crap. Read what you said. That directly contradicts what you're saying now. You never take ANYONE'S word on ANYTHING lol. But if it's multiple reliable sources you're good? But you don't trust consensus. Except when you do. You have to see it for yourself, c'mon man.

You cant take his scouting seriously because of his avatar.

This^

(12-20-2020, 10:32 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 10:29 PM)Upper Wrote: I look forward to this thread slowly drift away.

Wilson is still my favorite QB in the draft but you can't pass on Trevor Lawrence.

Wait what?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Halftime stats for Wilson

17/21 330 yards passing 3 TDs
2 rushing TD's.

(12-22-2020, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Halftime stats for Wilson

2 rushing TD's.
Kid is balling.

Daniel Jeremiah said he reminds him of Rodgers.

Wilson has always been super intriguing to me. If for some reason Jags get #2, I wouldn’t be upset with Wilson but Trevor please....

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 09:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I dont think there is any question he gets drafted over Fields

This is probably the deepest QB class in some time. Jones, Trask Lance could all go in the first as well. What a luxury it would be to get the top guy of them all

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 09:46 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-22-2020, 09:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Halftime stats for Wilson

2 rushing TD's.
Kid is balling.

Daniel Jeremiah said he reminds him of Rodgers.

Wilson has always been super intriguing to me. If for some reason Jags get #2, I wouldn’t be upset with Wilson but Trevor please....

Agreed, but I wouldn't trust this team to pick him #2 overall. If we stick at #1, we know we're getting Lawrence and that makes me a lot more comfortable.

(12-22-2020, 09:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think there is any question he gets drafted over Fields

This is probably the deepest QB class in some time. Jones, Trask Lance could all go in the first as well.  What a luxury it would be to get the top guy of them all

There shouldn't be, but you never know what some guys are thinking.