Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars coaching candidates? (merged coaching threads)

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2020, 10:34 AM by The Real Marty.)

(12-29-2020, 10:26 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I would take a pass. It has been proven that coaches from the Belichick tree never really work out for other teams

But this isn't a coach from the tree, this is the tree itself.  And when coaches leave there and fail, what does that tell you? > That it wasn't the assistant coaches that were responsible for the success, it was the head coach.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-29-2020, 10:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 10:26 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I would take a pass. It has been proven that coaches from the Belichick tree never really work out for other teams

But this isn't a coach from the tree, this is the tree itself.  And when coaches leave there and fail, what does that tell you? > That it wasn't the assistant coaches that were responsible for the success, it was the head coach.

Also, Flores is doing pretty good
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2020, 10:45 AM by TJBender.)

He's 70. I'm half-expecting him to retire this offseason and hand the reins to McDaniels or his son Steven. If he doesn't do that and the Patriots don't make the playoffs next year, I'd expect the same to happen then. Basically, I don't see a 70-year-old HC wanting to dive into a new 3-year rebuild project headfirst, even if he is Belichick.

Also worth remembering: he was pretty bad as coach of the Browns, and was well on his way to getting fired by the Patriots before Drew Bledsoe's torso blew up.

(12-28-2020, 11:19 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Hey Guys....you miss me lol?

Anyway, any chance Jags can land Bill Belichick for HC. Trevor Lawrence would be his Tomy Brady. I would love to see this.

Not even a little.

Also, no.

No. He has a chronic headache, and it's brought on by the chronic headache players he brings in. No Meyer, no Harbaugh, give me a coach that views a team as more than a four-year layover.

(12-29-2020, 10:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I was just kidding. Guess I need to step up my game.

(12-29-2020, 12:55 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 12:37 AM)Upper Wrote: Daboll, Bieniemy, and Brady is my top tier I'd be pretty thrilled with any of them. I don't want a defensive minded HC, but I think Saleh will be good. Anyone else I'm pretty sad.

Saleh comes from the Pete Carroll/Gus Bradley tree just like Wash. I think he's definitely a better coach than Wash is, but we'd still likely be running that same Defensive scheme that they all run. The same scheme that so many people around here hate and want to change.

Saleh has kept the Niners defense at a near elite level despite more injuries to key players than I've ever seen. It's a miracle what he has done with them. Just listen to anyone who has ever played for him, I don't recall hearing anyone get such love and respect from his players. I get the Bradley/Wash concerns but he just doesn't seem comparable once you dig past the surface.

That said, I still want an offensive guys first.

OC for Kansas City just feels too much like fools gold to me. Not knowing how much of the product is based on Bieniemy or Reid makes me a bit skeptical.

Having said that, there are strong rumors of Bieniemy going to Houston. I would probably opt to avoid that dumpster fire if I were him.

(12-29-2020, 11:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: OC for Kansas City just feels too much like fools gold to me. Not knowing how much of the product is based on Bieniemy or Reid makes me a bit skeptical.

Having said that, there are strong rumors of Bieniemy going to Houston. I would probably opt to avoid that dumpster fire if I were him.

There's also the whole bit about Bienemy committing assault multiple times, as well as having a DUI under his belt. The DUI can be forgiven if it was just the one, the assaults less so, but then there was the whole coverup of sexual assault by his players while the HC at Colorado...the color of his skin and the name of his boss aren't why teams have been unwilling to make him a HC.

(12-29-2020, 11:22 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 11:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: OC for Kansas City just feels too much like fools gold to me. Not knowing how much of the product is based on Bieniemy or Reid makes me a bit skeptical.

There's also the whole bit about Bienemy committing assault multiple times, as well as having a DUI under his belt. The DUI can be forgiven if it was just the one, the assaults less so, but then there was the whole coverup of sexual assault by his players while the HC at Colorado...the color of his skin and the name of his boss aren't why teams have been unwilling to make him a HC.

I had no idea about all that stuff....

Things that make you say hmmm

Those were a long time ago though. 

Bieniemy or Daboll for me.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-29-2020, 01:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 11:22 AM)TJBender Wrote: There's also the whole bit about Bienemy committing assault multiple times, as well as having a DUI under his belt. The DUI can be forgiven if it was just the one, the assaults less so, but then there was the whole coverup of sexual assault by his players while the HC at Colorado...the color of his skin and the name of his boss aren't why teams have been unwilling to make him a HC.

Those were a long time ago though. 

This is the sort of logic that led to Justin Blackmon being a thing. The HC doesn't have to be a choir boy, but he also probably shouldn't be covering up a history of sexual assault by the players he recruited while they were attending parties with the high schoolers he was actively recruiting.

1. Eric Bieniemy
2. Robert Saleh
3. Brian Daboll
4. Dabo Swinney

I dont like Urban Meyer as a candidate. He always up and leaves a team due to "health issues" and he aint any younger or healthier. He also has a history of players and staff members with MAJOR off the field issues. He isnt NFL tested. Hes also had many people around his programs say he showed a lot favoritism. Just too many red flags and better options.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/con...r-BB1cfCnj

(12-29-2020, 02:00 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 01:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Those were a long time ago though. 

This is the sort of logic that led to Justin Blackmon being a thing. The HC doesn't have to be a choir boy, but he also probably shouldn't be covering up a history of sexual assault by the players he recruited while they were attending parties with the high schoolers he was actively recruiting.

Lol, not even close at being the same thing but ok.

(12-29-2020, 02:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 11:22 AM)TJBender Wrote: There's also the whole bit about Bienemy committing assault multiple times, as well as having a DUI under his belt. The DUI can be forgiven if it was just the one, the assaults less so, but then there was the whole coverup of sexual assault by his players while the HC at Colorado...the color of his skin and the name of his boss aren't why teams have been unwilling to make him a HC.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/con...r-BB1cfCnj

After reading that... I'm less concerned.
Anything that happened 20+ years ago... forget about it.

And he worked on the Colorado staff while some students got accused of rape? But was he HC and did he actively help to cover it up (think Meyer and perhaps current LSU allegations)

Meh.... small flag, but not really anything that would steer me completely clear.

(12-29-2020, 02:28 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 02:00 PM)TJBender Wrote: This is the sort of logic that led to Justin Blackmon being a thing. The HC doesn't have to be a choir boy, but he also probably shouldn't be covering up a history of sexual assault by the players he recruited while they were attending parties with the high schoolers he was actively recruiting.

Lol, not even close at being the same thing but ok.

It’s ignoring red flags. Which is exactly what we did for Blackmon and he burned us bad.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-29-2020, 02:32 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 02:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/con...r-BB1cfCnj

And he worked on the Colorado staff while some students got accused of rape? But was he HC and did he actively help to cover it up (think Meyer and perhaps current LSU allegations)

Meh.... small flag, but not really anything that would steer me completely clear.
That made you less concerned? He has tons of behavioral red flags from when he was actually the main guy, and he isn’t even calling plays himself this year AND both of Reid’s previous offensive coordinators who were hired previously are looking questionable.

No no no. I don’t want to be the Bengals or Raiders. I don’t want guys who let bad behavior go repeatedly, especially when they didn’t even do the job for the previous job they had (I.e. play calling as an offensive coordinator.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-29-2020, 02:32 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 02:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/con...r-BB1cfCnj

More or less agreed on 20+ years ago, although some of the stuff about choking the attendant from behind is a little disturbing. My bad on the sexual assault, he was actually the OC/recruiting coordinator, not the HC. But if you read back through it, a lot of the stuff that happened was kind of centered around recruits.

All that compared with the story homebiscuit posted about him not interviewing well...I just think there are better targets out there than a guy who interviews badly, has a checkered past and seemingly doesn't do much with the offense he coordinates.

(12-29-2020, 02:38 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 02:32 PM)Kane Wrote: After reading that... I'm less concerned.

That made you less concerned? He has tons of behavioral red flags from when he was actually the main guy, and he isn’t even calling plays himself this year AND both of Reid’s previous offensive coordinators who were hired previously are looking questionable.

No no no. I don’t want to be the Bengals or Raiders. I don’t want guys who let bad behavior go repeatedly, especially when they didn’t even do the job for the previous job they had (I.e. play calling as an offensive coordinator.

(12-29-2020, 03:10 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 02:32 PM)Kane Wrote: After reading that... I'm less concerned.

More or less agreed on 20+ years ago, although some of the stuff about choking the attendant from behind is a little disturbing. My bad on the sexual assault, he was actually the OC/recruiting coordinator, not the HC. But if you read back through it, a lot of the stuff that happened was kind of centered around recruits.

All that compared with the story homebiscuit posted about him not interviewing well...I just think there are better targets out there than a guy who interviews badly, has a checkered past and seemingly doesn't do much with the offense he coordinates.

I'm not excusing any crap the man has done. Just thought there were more recent accusations and more of a legit cover up by the dude.
He had a bit of a checkered past as a younger man. He's probably lived and learned like many of us. Since working in KC his nose has been clean.

Now whether he's the actual play caller or all that are legit concerns about the hire. But all the past transgressions, I'm not sweating it really. It's 2020... his last incident or accusation was what, 01? How long do we hold something against the man? I mean... something he was directly tied to. I can't say it's his fault some college kids were ding bats while he was a coach on a staff unless there's substantial proof he covered it up or knew about it.