Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars are now on the clock!

(12-29-2020, 01:07 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 12:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Totally agree about WR. 

I would love to land Jonnu Smith in free agency and then add a project TE in the mid rounds. Three guys I like a lot are Charlie Kolar of Iowa State and Nick Muse of South Carolina. I also like Simi Fehoko of Stanford. He is a 6'4" 230 lb. WR who averaged 15.5 YPC. I think we could turn him into a Darren Waller type.

The problem is that it takes time for a TE to turn into something like that. It took Waller 5 years to become what he currently is. Granted he missed a season, but he needed that and it doesn't change much. It's typically going to take at least 2-4 years to develop a guy like that. The 2 years being if you're extremely lucky.

That's why I sign Jonnu Smith in the meantime. He's that receiving TE that we could utilize in the passing game, while we develop a younger player.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think it would be a horrible move to trade up for anybody. With all of the holes on this team, we need all of the high picks that we can get.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2020, 09:43 AM by The Real Marty.)

(12-28-2020, 06:37 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 10:36 AM)Mikey Wrote: More realistic predicition:
The broadcast team spends more time discussing the Jets' options at 2 than anything the Jags are doing at 1 for the entire clock.

That's not a prediction, that is a fact. If Lawrence declares and doesn't hold the Jags hostage, that will be the case all off-season and draft day. 

There is no intrigue or story to Jags picking Lawrence so they will talk more about the 2nd and 3rd pick and "all the ways" that can play out.

I wouldn't mind it if they decided there was nothing to talk about with the Jags selecting Lawrence.  What the Jets are going to do will be a lot more interesting.

(12-29-2020, 01:16 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 12:59 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I'm all in with trading up for Pitts. Oliver can have a spot but I'm not counting on him considering his injury history. Eifert gets the axe, and I'd bring back O'shaughnessy. We need to find a blocking TE for that fourth spot.

So how high do you trade up for Pitts? Doesn't he have a history of being banged up/injured in college already? 

Waller is the projection for what you hope Pitts turns into. Can definitely see the comparison, but how long does it take for him to hit that level? 

If you're trading up for him, you need an all but immediate impact. Which is rarely the case for TEs. Now if you have a good and creative Offensive coaching staff, that can definitely jump start some things.

I actually see Pitts as more of a WR than a TE.  Sure, he can line up at TE, but just because he's big that doesn't mean he has to play TE.  He's got loads of speed and he would be a matchup nightmare for any DB because of his size and his catch radius.

Mo Alie-Cox has been looking ready to make the leap for the last couple of season. He'd be a nice consolation if we don't get Henry or Jonnu.

(12-29-2020, 09:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 06:37 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: That's not a prediction, that is a fact. If Lawrence declares and doesn't hold the Jags hostage, that will be the case all off-season and draft day. 

There is no intrigue or story to Jags picking Lawrence so they will talk more about the 2nd and 3rd pick and "all the ways" that can play out.

I wouldn't mind it if they decided there was nothing to talk about with the Jags selecting Lawrence.  What the Jets are going to do will be a lot more interesting.

Actually, the Jets have the easiest decision in the world. Fields is not better than Darnold. You draft Sewell and invest in your first round QB.

(12-29-2020, 11:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 09:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I wouldn't mind it if they decided there was nothing to talk about with the Jags selecting Lawrence.  What the Jets are going to do will be a lot more interesting.

Actually, the Jets have the easiest decision in the world. Fields is not better than Darnold. You draft Sewell and invest in your first round QB.

If they pass on Zach Wilson, they will regret it.

Albino tiger Josh Oliver is gonna make the leap

(12-29-2020, 12:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Albino tiger Josh Oliver is gonna make the leap

Is he though? I still think we need to address the position, either with a 2nd-4th rounder or FA.

(12-29-2020, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 12:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Albino tiger Josh Oliver is gonna make the leap

Is he though? I still think we need to address the position, either with a 2nd-4th rounder or FA.

Lol

(12-29-2020, 12:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote: Is he though? I still think we need to address the position, either with a 2nd-4th rounder or FA.

Lol

Honestly at this point, I'd just be happy if he made the "leap" to playing a few games.
It isn't his "fault" he's always hurt... but think he has missed more time than the O.G. Albino Tiger.

(12-29-2020, 12:23 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 12:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol

Honestly at this point, I'd just be happy if he made the "leap" to playing a few games.
It isn't his "fault" he's always hurt... but think he has missed more time than the O.G. Albino Tiger.

Agreed, I think he can be good if he could stay healthy but that a big if

Anyone gonna grow trevor style locks in support?

So has Fields just moved up to No. 1

(01-01-2021, 11:08 PM)captivating Wrote: So has Fields just moved up to No. 1

No.  But Sweeney is getting schooled by Day.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2021, 11:33 PM by mikesez.)

No.
This is what happens when one team has only played 6 games and the other has played 11. You can see the "fresh legs" effect when soccer teams make substitutions. It would be foolish to assume that it doesn't also play out game to game in football.
The whole 2020 CFP is a joke, frankly.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2021, 11:49 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-31-2020, 03:09 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Anyone gonna grow trevor style locks in support?

I wish I could. Nothing grows on top. LOL

[Image: 16804cb4094441546ba3becfc109fbce.jpg]

All year weve been arguing between Fields and Trask as Lawrence was going to the Jets, now we have Lawrence maybe we dont want him. Its nuts.

Weve got the winning lottery ticket. We just need to cash it in.

Jags are not getting trevor ,he will stay in clemson. even if he declares for nfl he will end up like tebow a flop of a nfl qb. he got crushed when he had no o-line blocking him. Jags should use thier picks,and build up a o-line to protect minshew. sorry but travor isn't a nfl qb he looked lost getting blitzed,and all.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 01:44 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-02-2021, 12:55 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: All year weve been arguing between Fields and Trask as Lawrence was going to the Jets, now we have Lawrence maybe we dont want him. Its nuts.

Weve got the winning lottery ticket. We just need to cash it in.

Who said that?

(01-02-2021, 01:08 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Jags are not  getting trevor ,he will stay in clemson.  even if he declares for nfl he will end up like tebow a flop of a nfl qb. he got crushed when he had no o-line blocking him. Jags should use thier picks,and build up a o-line to protect minshew.  sorry but travor isn't a nfl qb he looked lost getting blitzed,and all.

Go to bed Wolf.

I think Fields has moved back to No. 2.  I think Jets fans are feeling better now.