Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars are now on the clock!

(01-03-2021, 08:31 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 07:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: 1 game influences your decision like that?  odd
Not Hardly. I'm from Ohio and keep up w/Ohio State meaning that I've kept up w/Fields as well. Also why is it that Fields is judged on one game but Lawrence is judged off the play of the past three years? 

I may be biast but I've always preferred Fields over Lawrence even though I'm almost sure that we'll select Lawrence over Fields. You literally cannot go wrong w/either prospect as per My Opinion. I can't wait for the 2021 NFL draft to see whom we draft, especially within the first three rounds.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

In my opinion, your judgement is very suspect.  Weren't you a Caldwell lover?  If so, I rest my case.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2021, 01:45 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(01-03-2021, 01:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 08:31 AM)NH3 Wrote: Not Hardly. I'm from Ohio and keep up w/Ohio State meaning that I've kept up w/Fields as well. Also why is it that Fields is judged on one game but Lawrence is judged off the play of the past three years? 

I may be biast but I've always preferred Fields over Lawrence even though I'm almost sure that we'll select Lawrence over Fields. You literally cannot go wrong w/either prospect as per My Opinion. I can't wait for the 2021 NFL draft to see whom we draft, especially within the first three rounds.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

In my opinion, your judgement is very suspect.  Weren't you a Caldwell lover?  If so, I rest my case.

Yeah, he said firing Caldwell was a mistake lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I would say Caldwell hit on the no-brainers in the draft, but screwed us in the long run with his reaching with the others.. Way too bipolar and lacked consistency..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-03-2021, 01:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I would say Caldwell hit on the no-brainers in the draft, but screwed us in the long run with his reaching with the others.. Way too bipolar and lacked consistency..

When you draft for a philosophy your coaches don't follow it is a problem.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-02-2021, 08:31 AM)hb1148 Wrote: You 
(01-02-2021, 08:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I kind of feel the same way after last night.  I still prefer Lawrence, no doubt at all, but after last night I have less worry about him deciding to stay in school.  I'd be fine with Fields.   I'm sure Jets fans are feeling a lot better, too.

My main concern with Lawrence is he's a tall skinny kid with pretty average mechanics and there aren't many great NFL QBs you can describe that way. I wonder how he'll hold up against NFL defenses. Also the league seems to be moving towards players who are great at scrambling and improvising. While he can do it in a pinch, I don't see that as really his strong point.

The other thing I notice and I'll be the first to admit I've only seen him in a couple of games this year, is his accuracy seems average at best.

Still more upside than downside but there is some risk there.

Respectively, there isn’t a single scout that would agree with you on his accuracy being average at best.

(01-03-2021, 04:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RyanGreen1010XL/stat...35169?s=19

Two words.

JaMarcus Russell
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-03-2021, 04:51 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 04:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RyanGreen1010XL/stat...35169?s=19

Two words.

JaMarcus Russell

Your takes just keep getting hotter.

(01-03-2021, 04:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 04:51 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Two words.

JaMarcus Russell

Your takes just keep getting hotter.

Keep up. You might learn something.

(01-03-2021, 04:56 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 04:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Your takes just keep getting hotter.

Keep up. You might learn something.

Doubtful.

(01-03-2021, 04:47 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 08:31 AM)hb1148 Wrote: You 

My main concern with Lawrence is he's a tall skinny kid with pretty average mechanics and there aren't many great NFL QBs you can describe that way. I wonder how he'll hold up against NFL defenses. Also the league seems to be moving towards players who are great at scrambling and improvising. While he can do it in a pinch, I don't see that as really his strong point.

The other thing I notice and I'll be the first to admit I've only seen him in a couple of games this year, is his accuracy seems average at best.

Still more upside than downside but there is some risk there.

Respectively, there isn’t a single scout that would agree with you on his accuracy being average at best.

You'd probably be wrong. Just to reiterate, I'd probably still take him over Fields. Here's the opinion of a former QB FWIW. You could probably find some active scouts with similar takes. This is about ball placement as much as anything.

"Anticipation throws and getting the ball out of his hands before receivers are opened,” Orlovsky said of the areas he believes Lawrence needs to work on. “It’s not necessarily demanded of him too much in that Clemson offense, but you want to see him develop that and grow that. He’s a kid still. This is a true sophomore running this offense and he’s had tremendous success. Here’s the thing: He’s very much Andrew Luck and maybe Matthew Stafford. I would say both of those guys are so physically talented that you don’t necessarily have to learn at a young age how to anticipate your throws because you’re so good. The arm is so good that I don’t need to. I can wait to see if you’re open and I’m strong enough, accurate enough to put it in place where I need to be. That’s different in the NFL. He will need to learn how to get that into his game."

https://247sports.com/Article/Trevor-Law...150338306/

(01-03-2021, 05:00 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 04:56 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Keep up. You might learn something.

Doubtful.

Yeah that's how I feel too.

(01-03-2021, 04:51 PM)hb1148 Wrote:

Two words.

JaMarcus Russell

Are you comparing Lawrence to Russell?

(01-03-2021, 05:07 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 04:47 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: Respectively, there isn’t a single scout that would agree with you on his accuracy being average at best.

You'd probably be wrong. Just to reiterate, I'd probably still take him over Fields. Here's the opinion of a former QB FWIW. You could probably find some active scouts with similar takes. This is about ball placement as much as anything.

"Anticipation throws and getting the ball out of his hands before receivers are opened,” Orlovsky said of the areas he believes Lawrence needs to work on. “It’s not necessarily demanded of him too much in that Clemson offense, but you want to see him develop that and grow that. He’s a kid still. This is a true sophomore running this offense and he’s had tremendous success. Here’s the thing: He’s very much Andrew Luck and maybe Matthew Stafford.  I would say both of those guys are so physically talented that you don’t necessarily have to learn at a young age how to anticipate your throws because you’re so good. The arm is so good that I don’t need to. I can wait to see if you’re open and I’m strong enough, accurate enough to put it in place where I need to be. That’s different in the NFL. He will need to learn how to get that into his game."

(01-03-2021, 05:00 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Doubtful.

The one thing the Jags can’t do is what the Lions have done with Stafford. They have wasted Stafford on absolutely terrible teams and with bad coaching.

(01-03-2021, 05:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 04:51 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Two words.

JaMarcus Russell

Are you comparing Lawrence to Russell?

No. I'm using him to illustrate why the 1010XL guy's take is silly. You have to evaluate everything a player does in school. Actually, I am comparing them in the sense that they were both being described as generational talents coming out of college while Tom Brady was an afterthought. Your mileage may vary.

(01-03-2021, 06:02 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 05:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Are you comparing Lawrence to Russell?

No. I'm using him to illustrate why the 1010XL guy's take is silly. Actually, I am comparing them in the sense that they were both being described as generational talents coming out of college while Tom Brady was an afterthought. Your mileage may vary.

The problem with Russell is that Al Davis was so in love with his arm that he forgot to check if he had any football intelligence or desire to actually be a QB on the NFL level.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-03-2021, 05:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 05:07 PM)hb1148 Wrote: You'd probably be wrong. Just to reiterate, I'd probably still take him over Fields. Here's the opinion of a former QB FWIW. You could probably find some active scouts with similar takes. This is about ball placement as much as anything.

"Anticipation throws and getting the ball out of his hands before receivers are opened,” Orlovsky said of the areas he believes Lawrence needs to work on. “It’s not necessarily demanded of him too much in that Clemson offense, but you want to see him develop that and grow that. He’s a kid still. This is a true sophomore running this offense and he’s had tremendous success. Here’s the thing: He’s very much Andrew Luck and maybe Matthew Stafford.  I would say both of those guys are so physically talented that you don’t necessarily have to learn at a young age how to anticipate your throws because you’re so good. The arm is so good that I don’t need to. I can wait to see if you’re open and I’m strong enough, accurate enough to put it in place where I need to be. That’s different in the NFL. He will need to learn how to get that into his game."

The one thing the Jags can’t do is what the Lions have done with Stafford. They have wasted Stafford on absolutely terrible teams and with bad coaching.
Lions should have stuck with Jim Caldwell.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-03-2021, 06:02 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 05:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Are you comparing Lawrence to Russell?

No. I'm using him to illustrate why the 1010XL guy's take is silly. You have to evaluate everything a player does in school. Actually, I am comparing them in the sense that they were both being described as generational talents coming out of college while Tom Brady was an afterthought. Your mileage may vary.
Since when was Jamarcus Russell a generational type talent?  Never lol.

(01-03-2021, 06:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 06:02 PM)hb1148 Wrote: No. I'm using him to illustrate why the 1010XL guy's take is silly. You have to evaluate everything a player does in school. Actually, I am comparing them in the sense that they were both being described as generational talents coming out of college while Tom Brady was an afterthought. Your mileage may vary.
Since when was Jamarcus Russell a generational type talent?  Never lol.

That's my point. He never was. He was being evaluated that way before he was drafted.

(01-03-2021, 06:53 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 06:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Since when was Jamarcus Russell a generational type talent?  Never lol.

That's my point. He never was. He was being evaluated that way before he was drafted.

He was never being evaluated as a generational type prospect.  He had a good junior year and Al Davis fell in love with his size and arm strength.  The generational type prospects have been seen that way since High School, like a Luck, Manning, Elway.   Russell was never seen that way, not even close lol

(01-03-2021, 07:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:  
(01-03-2021, 06:53 PM)hb1148 Wrote: That's my point. He never was. He was being evaluated that way before he was drafted.

He was never being evaluated as a generational type prospect.  He had a good junior year and Al Davis fell in love with his size and arm strength.  The generational type prospects have been seen that way since High School, like a Luck, Manning, Elway.   Russell was never seen that way, not even close lol

Yes he was, you are just forgetful or too young to remember. They said watching was like watching a video game. Here's the kind of stuff they were saying. Sounds funny now.

"Russell is possibly the most physically talented quarterback prospect since John Elway. He's 6-foot-6, 260 pounds with an arm that makes Brett Favre look like Danny Wuerffel. Russell is also a good runner and his arm strength allows him to hit any open receiver while he is on the move."

Sound familiar? There was quite a bit of that at the time. Doesn't mean history will repeat itself of course but shows the nature of hubris.