Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(01-06-2021, 03:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 03:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is getting stupid. Trump needs to reign it in. There doesn't seem to be any violence or destruction but the potential is very real.

Making lawmakers and their staffs feel unsafe is worse than burning random trash cans or tire stores.

Taking over a capitol building is literally the recipe for revolution.

The lawmakers are huddled in various barricaded locations while this goes on.  Presumably all of them are near secure computers, but not all of them are near bathrooms, in all likelihood.  So they can try to do their job remotely, but they have a time limit before they'll want these troublemakers forcibly removed.

The longer Trump lets this go on, the more likely he is to get himself removed from office early.

(01-06-2021, 03:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has anyone been hurt or attacked?

I don't agree people should be inside the building but they've been peaceful. Now if violence towards DC police or staff begins, respond accordingly including deadly force if needed. 

The difference between this protest and leftwinger protests is there would have been a wide path of destruction and violence leading to the Capitol Building. Right now they are doing nothing but forcing their way in.

They entered without permission and without being checked for weapons.  They are threatening lawmakers by their presence.

Again, I didn't hear you post to condemn Antifa threatening Josh Hawleys wife and newborn baby at their home a few nights ago. 

If you are going to pretend to care, care about it all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We can't make lawmakers feel unsafe... only law-abiding citizens.

(01-06-2021, 04:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 03:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: Making lawmakers and their staffs feel unsafe is worse than burning random trash cans or tire stores.

Taking over a capitol building is literally the recipe for revolution.

The lawmakers are huddled in various barricaded locations while this goes on.  Presumably all of them are near secure computers, but not all of them are near bathrooms, in all likelihood.  So they can try to do their job remotely, but they have a time limit before they'll want these troublemakers forcibly removed.

The longer Trump lets this go on, the more likely he is to get himself removed from office early.

They entered without permission and without being checked for weapons.  They are threatening lawmakers by their presence.

Again, I didn't hear you post to condemn Antifa threatening Josh Hawleys wife and newborn baby at their home a few nights ago. 

Well they didn’t actually do anything. We need to wait for them to hurt the wife and baby and then act.

Just to be clear, I don't condone violence. I am in an argument with a conservative buddy of mine as we speak. I think it's a shame that it's come to this, but it also blows my mind the double standard. Hilarious.

Welp. I wasnt going to have a beer until the play offs Saturday but...

I hope both sides can stop all the extra heated stuff and get back to the 80s and 90s at least when it wasnt this bad from what i heard

(01-06-2021, 04:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 04:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Again, I didn't hear you post to condemn Antifa threatening Josh Hawleys wife and newborn baby at their home a few nights ago. 

Well they didn’t actually do anything. We need to wait for them to hurt the wife and baby and then act.

Have any threats been levelled at anyone?

All the Republicans are coming on Fox News condemning this. President trump needs to do the same

(01-06-2021, 04:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 04:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well they didn’t actually do anything. We need to wait for them to hurt the wife and baby and then act.

So someone breaks into your home. That’s not a threat?

These clowns broke into the Capitol. That’s not a threat?

(01-06-2021, 04:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 04:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Have any threats been levelled at anyone?

I wish you could see your hypocrisy from our angle.

(01-06-2021, 04:08 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 04:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So someone breaks into your home. That’s not a threat?

I wish you could see your hypocrisy from our angle.
Same for you.

Mike Florio called this the worst thing to happen to America since the Civil War.

(01-06-2021, 04:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Have any threats been levelled at anyone?

They live there?

You're not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree? The people paid for that building not the politicians, so how is that breaking and entering?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(01-06-2021, 04:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 04:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So someone breaks into your home. That’s not a threat?

They live there?

More like someone breaking into your vacation cabin in the woods you visit 4 times a year.

(01-06-2021, 04:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 04:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well they didn’t actually do anything. We need to wait for them to hurt the wife and baby and then act.

There. Are. Angry. People. Storming. The. Mother. [BLEEP]. Capitol.

What do you think they'd do if they got their hands on Pence? Buy him a drink and thank him for a great four years? Their presence under the circumstances is a threat in and of itself.

(01-06-2021, 04:07 PM)Jag88 Wrote: All the Republicans are coming on Fox News condemning this. President trump needs to do the same

This includes Kevin McCarthy. A lot of his supporters in Congress are infuriated with his egging this on and refusing to do anything more than send tweets to stop it.

(01-06-2021, 04:20 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

You're not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree? The people paid for that building not the politicians, so how is that breaking and entering?
So your first point is a question? Or did you mean for it to be a statement? A period goes at the end of a sentence and a question mark at the end of a question.

(01-06-2021, 04:22 PM)TJBender Wrote:

There. Are. Angry. People. Storming. The. Mother. [BLEEP]. Capitol.

What do you think they'd do if they got their hands on Pence? Buy him a drink and thank him for a great four years? Their presence under the circumstances is a threat in and of itself.

(01-06-2021, 04:07 PM)Jag88 Wrote: All the Republicans are coming on Fox News condemning this. President trump needs to do the same

This includes Kevin McCarthy. A lot of his supporters in Congress are infuriated with his egging this on and refusing to do anything more than send tweets to stop it.

What can Trump do right now to make you happy? You were ready to call him a dictator months ago if he sent troops and national guard to protect STATE capitol buildings. Now, is it OK for him to be a dictator?

Maybe the mayor can do something?

They should topple statues, assault some police, and burn a couple of cop cars to legitimize this in the left's eyes.

I wish it wouldn't have happened like this, but there is no parallel between this peaceful protest and the "mostly peaceful" protests of the left marked by rioting, looting, destruction and murder.

(01-06-2021, 04:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They should topple statues, assault some police, and burn a couple of cop cars to legitimize this in the left's eyes.

I wish it wouldn't have happened like this, but there is no parallel between this peaceful protest and the "mostly peaceful" protests of the left marked by rioting, looting, destruction and murder.

Just wait until the names of the arrested come back and they are tied directly to ANTIFA.