Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars coaching candidates? (merged coaching threads)

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 12:08 AM by mikesez.)

(01-08-2021, 11:03 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 08:31 PM)Dimson Wrote: He won 3  Championships so that should translate to the NFL. Didn't work for Saban though.

yea but he won 3 championships with other ppls teams once he built he own team they lost a couple games and he quit with health concers. yea he can take his 12 mill to LA

He built Utah.  Utah won a National Title shortly after Meyer left.
But yeah. As I already said, Meyer can be a coordinator here if he wants. Not the HC.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2021, 12:06 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 11:03 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: yea but he won 3 championships with other ppls teams once he built he own team they lost a couple games and he quit with health concers. yea he can take his 12 mill to LA

He built Utah.  Utah won a National Title shortly after Meyer left.
But yeah. As I already said, Meyer can be a coordinator here if he wants. Not the HC.

A single selector voted for Utah to be national champion in 2008. If you give that to Utah, then you have to take away a championship from Meyer, because that's when he won one at Florida.

I'm on the Meyer train now. It will be fun.

(01-09-2021, 12:59 AM)cwpomerta Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 12:06 AM)mikesez Wrote: He built Utah.  Utah won a National Title shortly after Meyer left.
But yeah. As I already said, Meyer can be a coordinator here if he wants.  Not the HC.

A single selector voted for Utah to be national champion in 2008. If you give that to Utah, then you have to take away a championship from Meyer, because that's when he won one at Florida.

National Titles can be shared.

(01-09-2021, 12:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm on the Meyer train now. It will be fun.

What brought this about?

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 01:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'm thinking they have already came to an agreement and it will be announced Monday. They dont want to want to announce it this weekend to take away from the games

Or Sunday night

(01-09-2021, 01:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 12:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm on the Meyer train now. It will be fun.

What brought this about?

Just enjoying the hype train koolaid partially. I think he can bring order and swag to the locker room too. It may not end up being the best hore but it will be an exciting hire.

(01-09-2021, 01:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm thinking they have already came to an agreement and it will be announced Monday.  They dont want to want to announce it this weekend to take away from the games

Or Sunday night

If that's the case, I need to start settin up shop.. I've decided to sell popcorn and balloons outside of The Wells Fargo Center..

Gonna be great lolololol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-09-2021, 01:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What brought this about?

Just enjoying the hype train koolaid partially. I think he can bring order and swag to the locker room too. It may not end up being the best hore but it will be an exciting hire.

Bring order to the locker room? You must not be too familiar with him. That's just the opposite of what he did at Ohio State. He had issues with letting players do whatever they wanted with very little or no punishment.

(01-08-2021, 08:19 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Well some are saying if its not Meyer they'll be very surprised. Can anyone tell me why he's a good coach for us now with no nfl experience? Didn't he do shady things at the schools he coached?

I'm not a huge fan of Meyer, but as for this, Pete Carroll had some murmurs about some shady dealings at USC, and he turned out to be a great NFL coach.  Of course, he had NFL experience before going to Seattle.

I am wondering how much he confides in draws information from Belichick.

I am hoping like hell for Scott Pioli.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-09-2021, 01:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Just enjoying the hype train koolaid partially. I think he can bring order and swag to the locker room too. It may not end up being the best hore but it will be an exciting hire.

Bring order to the locker room? You must not be too familiar with him. That's just the opposite of what he did at Ohio State. He had issues with letting players do whatever they wanted with very little or no punishment.

Very same thing at Florida.

(01-09-2021, 01:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 08:19 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Well some are saying if its not Meyer they'll be very surprised. Can anyone tell me why he's a good coach for us now with no nfl experience? Didn't he do shady things at the schools he coached?

I'm not a huge fan of Meyer, but as for this, Pete Carroll had some murmurs about some shady dealings at USC, and he turned out to be a great NFL coach.  Of course, he had NFL experience before going to Seattle.

Did Pete Carroll have dudes committing murder on his team?
Because Urban Meyer did, at Florida.

(01-09-2021, 01:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What brought this about?

Hey, the best hores usually are the ones you least expect. They try harder.  Big Grin

(01-08-2021, 11:03 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 08:31 PM)Dimson Wrote: He won 3  Championships so that should translate to the NFL. Didn't work for Saban though.

yea but he won 3 championships with other ppls teams once he built he own team they lost a couple games and he quit with health concers. yea he can take his 12 mill to LA
His offense only works if he has a very specific type of QB. If he doesn't, he runs away.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-09-2021, 02:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm not a huge fan of Meyer, but as for this, Pete Carroll had some murmurs about some shady dealings at USC, and he turned out to be a great NFL coach.  Of course, he had NFL experience before going to Seattle.

Did Pete Carroll have dudes committing murder on his team?

Carroll issues were all recruiting violations. Meyer is tied to players who committed crimes and such after being on the team at Florida and basically covering up a domestic violence situation in his own coaching staff at Ohio St. He is not a guy I generally want to have to root for as HC of my favorite team.

With Meyer, you cannot plan on him being present longer than 5 years, and it is totally coin flip if the program survives after that with Utah and Ohio St doing well because he found good Assistant to be successors. That isn't really a "plan in the NFL". Good Assistant Coaches generally don't stick around for the possibility of being successor.

I also just don't understand why he wants to take on all this stress--mental, physical, & psychological--after his medical issues at both Ohio St and Fla.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 04:07 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-09-2021, 02:46 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Just enjoying the hype train koolaid partially. I think he can bring order and swag to the locker room too. It may not end up being the best hore but it will be an exciting hire.

Hey, the best hores usually are the ones you least expect. They try harder.  Big Grin

Ain't that the truth. Life lesson right there.

(01-09-2021, 03:30 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 02:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: Did Pete Carroll have dudes committing murder on his team?

Carroll issues were all recruiting violations. Meyer is tied to players who committed crimes and such after being on the team at Florida and basically covering up a domestic violence situation in his own coaching staff at Ohio St. He is not a guy I generally want to have to root for as HC of my favorite team.

With Meyer, you cannot plan on him being present longer than 5 years, and it is totally coin flip if the program survives after that with Utah and Ohio St doing well because he found good Assistant to be successors. That isn't really a "plan in the NFL". Good Assistant Coaches generally don't stick around for the possibility of being successor.

I also just don't understand why he wants to take on all this stress--mental, physical, & psychological--after his medical issues at both Ohio St and Fla.

A total coin flip if the program survives?!?

Dude.. This franchise has been sub-mediocre since it's inauguration (with very few seasons here and there of success)..

If this franchise has survived that long with being next to complete garbage, it can survive Meyer, IF Meyer is even selected..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

My coaching wants, ranked at this time.

1a) Bieniemy
1b) Daboll
1c) Saleh
2) Smith
3) Garrett
4) Any other NFL assistant
5) Raheem Morris
6) Any stadium employee
7) Any one of us on this board
8) Anyone who has ever watched a football game