Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congress Shut down......

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 11:47 AM by WingerDinger.)

Gotta say, I'm really enjoying both Parler and Gab.. both pretty sluggish right now because of the massive influx of users, but both are a major breath of fresh air..

So far, I'm leaning more Gab than Parler.. I do enjoy Parler, but Gab seems to be more user friendly..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gab increases it's user base by 750% just within the last few days..

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/01/0...n-traffic/

(01-10-2021, 11:47 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Gotta say, I'm really enjoying both Parler and Gab.. both pretty sluggish right now because of the massive influx of users, but both are a major breath of fresh air..

So far, I'm leaning more Gab than Parler.. I do enjoy Parler, but Gab seems to be more user friendly..

Gab is just a website with no app, right? Is it like a forum or do you follow people?

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 12:35 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-10-2021, 12:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 11:47 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Gotta say, I'm really enjoying both Parler and Gab.. both pretty sluggish right now because of the massive influx of users, but both are a major breath of fresh air..

Gab is just a website with no app, right? Is it like a forum or do you follow people?

Gab has an app, just not in the apple or playstore. You can download it from their main site..

Gab is pretty similar to Parler and Twitter, you follow people, comment and share news and memes..

A ton of the people I followed on Twitter and Parler also have Gab accounts now and are pretty active..

How this all shakes out a few months from now will be interesting to watch. The tech entities see the blood in the water and truly believe they're going in for the kill shot. How they think that many people can be kept silenced is beyond me. The left likes to cling to the stereotypical image of Trump supporters as toothless Walmart denizens who simply must accept the punishment meted out to them by their enlightened comrades. They're about to find out differently.

Logistically, Google and Amazon have most likely created growing competition. Server farms financed by other entities will certainly spring up. This move to openly choke businesses out of existence will not sit well with even those who despise Trump. 

Legally, they've created a growing movement to have anti-trust laws leveraged against them. They've won the battle but will lose the war because they've exercised the very action which defines a monopoly.

(01-10-2021, 12:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

How this all shakes out a few months from now will be interesting to watch. The tech entities see the blood in the water and truly believe they're going in for the kill shot. How they think that many people can be kept silenced is beyond me. The left likes to cling to the stereotypical image of Trump supporters as toothless Walmart denizens who simply must accept the punishment meted out to them by their enlightened comrades. They're about to find out differently.

Logistically, Google and Amazon have most likely created growing competition. Server farms financed by other entities will certainly spring up. This move to openly choke businesses out of existence will not sit well with even those who despise Trump. 

Legally, they've created a growing movement to have anti-trust laws leveraged against them. They've won the battle but will lose the war because they've exercised the very action which defines a monopoly.

100%

It's going to hurt them in the long run, but will be very beneficial for us. Trump unlocked the door to this one, all we're doing is opening it and walking through it..

(01-10-2021, 12:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

For something they clearly colluded on and planned out for SO LONG, I am kind of shocked at their short sightedness of the final outcome of this. This event will recapture the heart of capitalism.

(01-10-2021, 12:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 12:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Gab is just a website with no app, right? Is it like a forum or do you follow people?

Gab has an app, just not in the apple or playstore. You can download it from their main site..

Gab is pretty similar to Parler and Twitter, you follow people, comment and share news and memes..

A ton of the people I followed on Twitter and Parler also have Gab accounts now and are pretty active..
Nice. I'll give it a try. Pretty slow right now but I hear they are adding additional servers as we speak.

(01-10-2021, 12:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 12:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Gab has an app, just not in the apple or playstore. You can download it from their main site..

Nice. I'll give it a try. Pretty slow right now but I hear they are adding additional servers as we speak.

Yeah I saw a message from one of the owners of Parler saying that they'll be back up and running on Tuesday.

(01-10-2021, 12:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 12:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: How this all shakes out a few months from now will be interesting to watch. The tech entities see the blood in the water and truly believe they're going in for the kill shot. How they think that many people can be kept silenced is beyond me. The left likes to cling to the stereotypical image of Trump supporters as toothless Walmart denizens who simply must accept the punishment meted out to them by their enlightened comrades. They're about to find out differently.

For something they clearly colluded on and planned out for SO LONG, I am kind of shocked at their short sightedness of the final outcome of this. This event will recapture the heart of capitalism.

Surely after the last four years you must remember that collusion has a specific definition.
It's not clear at all to me that they planned any of this together.
Each of them has a compelling reason to do this now; they think it will curry favor with a democratic party white house and senate.
I hope the Democrats aren't that forgetful.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-10-2021, 12:53 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 12:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Nice. I'll give it a try. Pretty slow right now but I hear they are adding additional servers as we speak.

Yeah I saw a message from one of the owners of Parler saying that they'll be back up and running on Tuesday.

Maybe not. The owner of Parler was on Maria Bartiromo's show this morning and said that not only did Amazon cease hosting them, but also told them they have 24 hours to move their information from Amazon servers before it's deleted. He says it's impossible to obtain that many servers and transfer that much data in such a time period.

Andrew Torba: Gab owner

Legacy media: you told us to "build our own platform."

We did.
You spent 4 years calling us "nazis" for doing it.
Now you want to talk?
I don't think so.
We have our own blog.
We have our own YouTube for video.
We have our own platform for distribution.

Enjoy the show.

I have to say, I hate being late! Steve Deace has been predicting this purge for years. Trump should have been shifting to and promoting parler a LONG TIME ago.

Moreover, there were three possibilities @ the rally.

1.) Hearts stars and rainbows
2.) Antifa blm counter protest that could have been violent.
3.) Wierdos in the crowd go off the rails and get violent.

The security and potentially military presence should have been 10 fold. The pics of rioters in the capital is going to set back our opposition by miles.

(01-10-2021, 09:41 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 03:36 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: This entire event is the result of so-called conservatives descending into palingenetic ultranationalism. They've roped in other opposers of reality like anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers, which makes the danger even worse. The comical aspect is that they are blind to their own consent to fascism, fascism they seek to right the wrongs they feel others have done to them. Ever the victims, the party of personal responsibility seeks help from big government in this endeavor. Donald Trump, being the malignant sociopath he is, had enough brain cells to understand that this was a group to be exploited for his own personal gain. And quite successful he was. Frightenly so.

Blah blah blah
Undont know what fascism is
Blah blah blah.

Yeah, I get simple concepts are difficult for the dullards that are Trump supporters to understand.

Remember when Apple wouldn't unlock the phone during the San Bernardino shooting investigation.

(01-10-2021, 04:04 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://m.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/rep-....html?v=ul

I cant recall anything ever coming out of anything Nunes has pretended to do for the past 4 years. It is up to the people to fix this.

The video of the poor officer getting beaten to death by these terrorists with an American flag, Blue Lives Matter flag, and a fire extinguisher all while reciting the Star-Spangled Banner is quite disturbing.

Quite antithetical to what this country stands for and what the supposed cause of this movement, all while storming in the Capitol building - and it was more than just a "handful" of individuals.

Politics have turned the most vulnerable into complete, undomesticated savages against one another. Rather than focus on the shared commonalities amongst ourselves and how we can possibly build from there - these vulnerable individuals enjoy the dopamine rush of hate-based politics and perpetuate the divide.

It's just sad that we're at this state and I hope we can eventually get back to a point where you can hold a differing opinion engaging in CIVIL discourse - and setting all of it aside once it's done while remaining decent with one another regardless of what "team/side" someone might be part of.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 05:07 PM by jj82284.)

(01-10-2021, 04:52 PM)enigma Wrote: The video of the poor officer getting beaten to death by these terrorists with an American flag, Blue Lives Matter flag, and a fire extinguisher all while reciting the Star-Spangled Banner is quite disturbing.

Quite antithetical to what this country stands for and what the supposed cause of this movement, all while storming in the Capitol building - and it was more than just a "handful" of individuals.

Politics have turned the most vulnerable into complete, undomesticated savages against one another. Rather than focus on the shared commonalities amongst ourselves and how we can possibly build from there - these vulnerable individuals enjoy the dopamine rush of hate-based politics and perpetuate the divide.

It's just sad that we're at this state and I hope we can eventually get back to a point where you can hold a differing opinion engaging in CIVIL discourse - and setting all of it aside once it's done while remaining decent with one another regardless of what "team/side" someone might be part of.

That would require fidelity to truth.  The left can't tolerate that.

(01-10-2021, 03:10 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 09:41 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Blah blah blah
Undont know what fascism is
Blah blah blah.

Yeah, I get simple concepts are difficult for the dullards that are Trump supporters to understand.

No really, you don't know what fascism is.

(01-10-2021, 04:09 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 02:29 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I have to say, I hate being late!  Steve Deace has been predicting this purge for years.  Trump should have been shifting to and promoting parler a LONG TIME ago.  

Moreover, there were three possibilities @ the rally.  

1.) Hearts stars and rainbows
2.) Antifa blm counter protest that could have been violent.  
3.) Wierdos in the crowd go off the rails and get violent.  

The security and potentially military presence should have been 10 fold.   The pics of rioters in the capital is going to set back our opposition by miles.

All he would have had was 5 million anti-Semitic followers rather than 77 million followers. 

Has Trump opened a Parler account yet?

Idiots.

(01-10-2021, 05:02 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 04:52 PM)enigma Wrote: The video of the poor officer getting beaten to death by these terrorists with an American flag, Blue Lives Matter flag, and a fire extinguisher all while reciting the Star-Spangled Banner is quite disturbing.

That would require fidelity to truth.  The left can't tolerate that.

Hate to break it to you, but when you point fingers around like a kindergartener you're just being sheep'd along by your tribalistic team.

Both sides fall prey to that - and they prey on those who are easily swayed to propel their strategic hooks.