Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(01-12-2021, 05:28 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 05:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ita all a moot hailmary by crazy Nancy. She has to appease the rabid base for 8 more days.

Yeah they will impeach him in the house and then hold things up in the Senate for a long while

Senate Republicans, even Republican house members won't touch that with a 10 foot pole, unless they desire to be out of politics soon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 05:44 PM by Jag88.)

Well the new york times just reported that McConnell tells Associates that he believes Trump committed impeachable offenses. Strange times. We will see what happens next

Wow, Forbes isn't pulling any punches.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane...b069565710

Yesterday’s insurrection was rooted in lies. That a fair election was stolen. That a significant defeat was actually a landslide victory. That the world’s oldest democracy, ingeniously insulated via autonomous state voting regimens, is a rigged system. Such lies-upon-lies, repeated frequently and fervently, provided the kindling, the spark, the gasoline.

From Day One at the Trump White House, up has been down, yes has been no, failure has been success. Sean Spicer set the tone with the inauguration crowd size – the worst kind of whopper, as it demanded that people disbelieve their own eyes. The next day, Kellyanne Conway defended Spicer’s lie with a new term, “alternative facts.” Spicer’s successor, Sarah Huckabee Sanders lied at scale, from smearing those who accused Trump of sexual harassment to conjuring jobs statistics. Her successor, Stephanie Grisham, over the course of a year, never even held a press conference, though the BS continued unabated across friendly outlets. And finally, Kayleigh McEnany, Harvard Law graduate, a propaganda prodigy at 32 who makes smiling falsehood an art form. All of this magnified by journalists too often following an old playbook ill-prepared for an Orwellian communication era.

Let it be known to the business world: Hire any of Trump’s fellow fabulists above, and Forbes will assume that everything your company or firm talks about is a lie. We’re going to scrutinize, double-check, investigate with the same skepticism we’d approach a Trump tweet. Want to ensure the world’s biggest business media brand approaches you as a potential funnel of disinformation? Then hire away.

I remember Forbes was a respected magazine.

These Nazi's act like these people are applying for corporate America jobs. They will all be contributors and authors.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 07:08 PM by mikesez.)

(01-12-2021, 05:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 05:28 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Yeah they will impeach him in the house and then hold things up in the Senate for a long while

Senate Republicans, even Republican house members won't touch that with a 10 foot pole, unless they desire to be out of politics soon.

This'll age well...

(01-12-2021, 05:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 03:56 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Impeachment is more so Trump will not run again in 2024 as they can vote to ban him from any future public office.  Also, it's to show a future president a deterrent. Finally, he can lose all the benefits of being an x president such as pension and other things.

The impeachment is for two reasons and two reasons only.

1.  Political move by the democrats and more specifically Pelosi.

2.  To insult and attempt to humiliate President Trump.

Cry more.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 07:11 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-12-2021, 07:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 05:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Senate Republicans, even Republican house members won't touch that with a 10 foot pole, unless they desire to be out of politics soon.

This'll age well...

Let's see the vote. Republicans who vote to impeach are politically dead. Cocaine doesn't care cause hes old as dirt and just won another 6 years. 

Trump IS the GOP. It's their move.

(01-12-2021, 03:56 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Impeachment is more so Trump will not run again in 2024 as they can vote to ban him from any future public office.  Also, it's to show a future president a deterrent. Finally, he can lose all the benefits of being an x president such as pension and other things.

Exactly.
Occam's razor dictates it.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 07:13 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

If Trump did something wrong, they wouldn't have to impeach to keep him from running again.

This country will be begging for someone like Trump in 3 years after the collapse you will see under Biden.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 07:17 PM by mikesez.)

(01-12-2021, 07:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If Trump did something wrong, they wouldn't have to impeach to keep him from running again.

This country will be begging for someone like Trump in 3 years after the collapse you will see under Biden.

to recap the ethics that your parents were supposed to instill in you sometime in late elementary or early middle school, 
Popular does not mean good
Unpopular does not mean wrong
If 33% of the country wants to jump off a bridge...

It's precisely because the body politic (the voters) are still clogged with malignant people like you who will never stray from loyalty to Trump that this intervention is called for.

(01-12-2021, 07:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 07:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If Trump did something wrong, they wouldn't have to impeach to keep him from running again.

to recap the ethics that your parents were supposed to instill in you sometime in late elementary or early middle school, 
Popular does not mean good
Unpopular does not mean wrong
If 33% of the country wants to jump off a bridge...

It's precisely because the body politic (the voters) are still clogged with malignant people like you who will never stray from loyalty to Trump that this intervention is called for.

You are being cheated on.

I don't doubt that I will be begging for someone other than Biden and Harris in three years, but it dang sure won't be for someone like Trump.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 08:12 PM by Jag88.)

I havent been that excited about biden ever, but he is some nice soothing vanilla ice cream after you went on a nasty binge haha

(01-12-2021, 08:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I don't doubt that I will be begging for someone other than Biden and Harris in three years, but it dang sure won't be for someone like Trump.

I will not judge your reasoning, but just out of curiosity, how much of the anti-Trump sentiment is based on his actual job performance while in office and how much is based on personality, tweets, insults, etc.?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Dont you think that the Republicans would like to purge Trump? They will start looking to take back control of their party and individual members will want to play everything that's going on right now perfect to better their chances in 2024

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 08:48 PM by mikesez.)

(01-12-2021, 08:15 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 08:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't doubt that I will be begging for someone other than Biden and Harris in three years, but it dang sure won't be for someone like Trump.

I will not judge your reasoning, but just out of curiosity, how much of the anti-Trump sentiment is based on his actual job performance while in office and how much is based on personality, tweets, insults, etc.?

Good job performance includes not provoking riots and insurrections.
That aside,
Judge him by his own words.
Did we build a big beautiful wall?
Is Obamacare replaced with "something great"?
Did we hold China accountable, or are we still at a trade deficit with them?
Did we ever "open up the libel laws"?
Is section 230 still in effect?

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 09:56 PM by Sneakers.)

(01-12-2021, 08:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 08:15 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I will not judge your reasoning, but just out of curiosity, how much of the anti-Trump sentiment is based on his actual job performance while in office and how much is based on personality, tweets, insults, etc.?

Good job performance includes not provoking riots and insurrections.
That aside,
LOL.  Is there ANY question you can answer honestly, even to yourself?

(01-12-2021, 09:51 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 08:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: Good job performance includes not provoking riots and insurrections.
That aside,
LOL.  Is there ANY question you can answer honestly, even to yourself?

Where's the lie?
Also, stop making this personal.

(01-12-2021, 09:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 09:51 PM)Sneakers Wrote: LOL.  Is there ANY question you can answer honestly, even to yourself?

Where's the lie?

You literally insulted my parents earlier this evening.

(01-12-2021, 08:25 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 08:15 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I will not judge your reasoning, but just out of curiosity, how much of the anti-Trump sentiment is based on his actual job performance while in office and how much is based on personality, tweets, insults, etc.?

Mostly the latter as he hasn't done that much while in office.

Has Mexico paid for the wall yet?

Thank you for the candid response.  Follow up question, if not for his personal conduct, do you believe he would have won re-election?  Had he been a more presidential figure, if not with the charm of Reagan, then say with the humility of Bush, would it have made sufficient difference?

I never expected to see a dime out of Mexico, from the moment he first made the promise during the Primary debates.  I couldn't believe no other candidate or the moderator pursued the obvious question of how.

(01-12-2021, 09:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 09:51 PM)Sneakers Wrote: LOL.  Is there ANY question you can answer honestly, even to yourself?

Where's the lie?
Here you go again.  Captivating didn't seem to have any trouble understanding the question, but just let me know if you need more help.

How much of the anti-Trump sentiment is based on his actual job performance while in office and how much is based on personality, tweets, insults, etc.?