Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars coaching candidates? (merged coaching threads)

(01-13-2021, 07:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote: "Settle on Jags"??????

Screw that and [BLEEP] that guy. I didn't want him here from the start and I really don't want him now. Why are we waiting hand and foot on this guy. Because of his name? Screw that [BLEEP].

This sounds like Khan is just trying to give one of his good buddies the job, just because they're good buddies and even then he doesn't know if he even wants it?... What a joke. I had the same bad feeling when they brought Coughlin back and the same bad feeling when they signed Foles. Knew it was going to be bad and that's exactly what happened.

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1...6440687616

To be fair, I don’t think Meyer will be bad, I just think he will quit in 3-5 years. Which probably is okay, I mean that’s how long our coaches last anyway.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2021, 08:17 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Don't know about the rest of you.... I'm getting weary of urban talk.
Let's just find a real NFL coach and move on.

Please do it !!

I don't want Meyer, but I'm not nearly as concerned about him as I am of the team hiring Baalke. That would be a disaster.

(01-13-2021, 08:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't want Meyer, but I'm not nearly as concerned about him as I am of the team hiring Baalke. That would be a disaster.

That’s exactly where I’m at.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2021, 09:39 PM by Protozoa.)

So let me get this straight we're waiting on a guy who is being wishy-washy on taking the job and is synonymous with quitting when the going gets tough? Yeah that's going to end great.

Also love that we are possibly going to pull the Doug Marrone card again but with the GM this time. This team is never going to learn.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2021, 10:07 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(01-13-2021, 08:49 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 08:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't want Meyer, but I'm not nearly as concerned about him as I am of the team hiring Baalke. That would be a disaster.

That’s exactly where I’m at.

Same.

I’m sure Urban’s negotiating a new tv deal is the reason he hasn’t confirmed or denied the Jags HC vacancy.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(01-13-2021, 07:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I had the same bad feeling when they brought Coughlin back and the same bad feeling when they signed Foles. Knew it was going to be bad and that's exactly what happened.

You mean that feeling that took us to the AFC Champ game and one bad ref call away from the Superbowl?  If you have this feeling about Meyer...

Jags hire Meyer ASAP!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I’m ready for this part to be done. Too much turmoil in the world and on this team. I have a list of guys I would like, not just urban, but honestly I’m just ready to have a guy announced as coach. Maybe it’s because the lot j rejection is still fresh, but I’m sick of waiting for stuff LMBO.

I’m ready to have (insert coach name here) and Trevor in teal.
Pretty much how I feel at this point.

(01-13-2021, 06:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He's a good coach and I'll get behind him and find a reason to be enthusiastic about it, but right now, I don't know why we are even offering the job to a guy who isn't sure he wants to do it.

This is all speculation.  I hear people calling Meyer "wishy washy", but we don't even know if Khan has offered him the job.  Maybe Khan is the one being wishy washy or just thorough in making his decision.  It's also possible that Khan has offered Meyer the job, he's accepted, and they are just negotiating the contract.  That could take time.  It's also possible that Meyer and Khan are co-researching general manager candidates and want to announce them as a pair.  It's also possible that it's a done deal, but they feel that tomorrow or some other day would just make a better day for an announcement for whatever reason.  Perhaps they wanted the Lot J news to settle for a day.  There's so many possibilities here.  We shouldn't jump to conclusions.  At this point, none of the other NFL head coaching positions have been filled.

For the record, I'm hoping we go with someone else.  As I've stated before, college coaching success has been shown not to be a good indicator of NFL success.

(01-13-2021, 10:27 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 07:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I had the same bad feeling when they brought Coughlin back and the same bad feeling when they signed Foles. Knew it was going to be bad and that's exactly what happened.

You mean that feeling that took us to the AFC Champ game and one bad ref call away from the Superbowl?  If you have this feeling about Meyer...

Jags hire Meyer ASAP!

You might be the only person alive who thinks Coughlin had anything to do with that fluke 2017 run. The only thing he did was run this team into the ground for the 2nd time and destroy the salary cap, again.

2017 was not a fluke. We had a crazy defense. Then the team got dismantle smh. It may have been a little bit of fluke to get that far with no qb

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 08:15 AM by Jags.)

A few good points have been brought up about Meyer deciding (if he even is trying to).  

1. The state of the Jaguars and the moving aspect
2. His TV deal.  From what I’m seeing online, it looks like he’s getting 7.6m a year at Fox sports??  

I’d say between the two, plus his health concerns there is certainly reason to pause.  Not that I’m trying to go to bat for the guy.  But you can’t blame him too much if those are his concerns.  

That being said, if he is mulling it over and unsure, then I agree with the rest.  If you’re unsure, Shad needs to move on.

(01-14-2021, 08:03 AM)Jag88 Wrote: 2017 was not a fluke. We had a crazy  defense. Then the team got dismantle smh. It may have been a little bit of fluke to get that far with no qb

This team got lucky with pretty much zero injuries and the Defense played at an all time great level that year. While our Defense put up historical numbers, they also played against a bunch of crap QBs.

Don't get me wrong, that roster was very good. Dave Caldwell built up that roster greatly before Coughlin destroyed it, but it still doesn't change much in the big picture of things. An elite Defense can only mask terrible QB play for a short amount of time.

(01-14-2021, 08:40 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:03 AM)Jag88 Wrote: 2017 was not a fluke. We had a crazy  defense. Then the team got dismantle smh. It may have been a little bit of fluke to get that far with no qb

This team got lucky with pretty much zero injuries and the Defense played at an all time great level that year. While our Defense put up historical numbers, they also played against a bunch of crap QBs.

Don't get me wrong, that roster was very good. Dave Caldwell built up that roster greatly before Coughlin destroyed it, but it still doesn't change much in the big picture of things. An elite Defense can only mask terrible QB play for a short amount of time.
ARob tore his ACL, and I remember Hurns and Lee got hurt as well.  I remember Linder and Cam also getting hurt that year.  Had a number of injuries on offense and was starting 2 rookie WRs because of injuries

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 09:06 AM by Mikey.)

(01-13-2021, 04:03 PM)enigma Wrote: I do not want Meyer as our HC and I certainly do not want Baalke as our GM.

Please select a GM first and then approach the HC position properly so we have all levels of this organization synchronized correctly.

The browns hired Stefanski first, and that seems to have worked out...

I think it's more important that whichever order it is done, the two are on the same page regarding the plan to develop the roster and build a winning team.

(01-13-2021, 04:05 PM)Brett Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1349442690988060679

Not sure who Solly is but some people usually find Dilla credible.

Urbz, to Shad: "Solly, not solly"

my brain, sometimes. I swear.

(01-13-2021, 10:27 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Jags hire Meyer ASAP!

Holy tunnel vision, batman!

look beyond the now, especially when it comes to management/front office hires. The angst over Meyer is not over this season, it's what happens 3 seasons down the road.

Just got an ESPN update that says it's a done deal with Meyer to the Jags. At the very ekast we are going to wgt a lot of national media coverage this year!