Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer Hired. It's official!

(01-14-2021, 08:08 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 07:43 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Urban Meyer new Jags HC.

Full disclosure:  Meyer coached the two college teams that I root against no matter who their opponent is:  Florida and Ohio State.  My opinion on choosing him over the other candidates is publicly stated in other threads.

But like the orcs lining up before Guldan in front of the Dark Portal, I choose the drink the green teal Kool-Aid.  Go Jags!

He's our coach.  Let's see how he leads.

It's like someone said in the "Jaguars Coaching Candidates" thread:

He may be a scumbag, but he's our scumbag!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't think Meyer ran the Gator program to the ground in 2010. Sure him leaving is what started it but the Gators still had a solid program and was a top 10 team in 2012. I personally put more blame on Foley hiring two guys who were not suited to be coaches at a big time program, and their faults lingered (Muschamp and McElwain didn't know how to put together an offense) for almost a decade.

thank you for the link to myers first interview.   my thoughts after watching it. First jags HC i ever heard say he was going to hire a elite stafff, that means a staff of winners. I love how he said they 

will treat the players great,and will grind hard, but surroned the team with great staff to treat the players great.  You can tell he wants to win,,and hates to lose himself. 

do i personnely like the hire at this time, personney i haven't been happy with it.  After watching the interview with him,  I have some hope jags can get better.Myer will have to 

fix what doug broke first.       everyone here knows i didn't like doug as Head Coach from the start cause his loseing record.  

Myer is a proven winner in college football yes, has no NFL expirence at all.         I respect the fact he can win, and he can be firey, and hope he brings that fire to jags. I said for years jags need a firey head coach thats a winner. From what i saw in his college days hes a firey coach. only thing he lacks is NFL expirence.   I stand by what i said before about the firey winning head coach. Jags got that now.     I will give myer a much better chance then i ever gave doug.

what we know for sure is in the NFL hes 0-0 right now.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2021, 11:06 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(01-15-2021, 10:09 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 01:22 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Agree with this. GM and Meyer will work together, but Meyer will have the final say.

Um...how many national titles has Florida won since Meyer left? Oh yeah, none. Gator fans, LOL

I know assuming is wrong at times, but ill just assume you didnt read the line about him leaving after he ran the program through the mud. Hell we just got back right since he left us to hell. nevermind u got it

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I should have been clearer about my original point. My original point was not that he left the program, or the state of how he left it, but that some asinine Gator fans would even have him in the top 3 of a 'most hated list' of coaches; particularly a list that has Charley Pell, Gary Darnell and Jim McElwain as candidates. Quite frankly, I'd be interested in seeing that list, cause if winning a Natty and leaving the program are the criteria, then Spurrier should be cracking that top 3 as well. Most schools would revere a coach that brought them championships that weren't later revoked by the NCAA for violations. And that didnt happen here; all that happened was that a coach decided to move on, which I believe in America he still has the right to do. Sounds pretty petty of Gator fans, IMHO.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2021, 11:13 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(01-15-2021, 11:00 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 10:09 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I know assuming is wrong at times, but ill just assume you didnt read the line about him leaving after he ran the program through the mud. Hell we just got back right since he left us to hell. nevermind u got it

I should have been clearer about my original point. My original point was not that he left the program, or the state of how he left it, but that asinine Gator fans would even have him in the top 3 of a 'most hated list' of coaches; particularly a list that has Charley Pell, Gary Darnell and Jim McElwain as candidates. Quite frankly, I'd be interested in seeing that list, cause if winning a Natty and leaving the program are the criteria, then Spurrier should be cracking that top 3 as well. Most schools would revere a coach that brought them championships that weren't later revoked by the NCAA for violations. And that didnt happen here; all that happened was that a coach decided to move on, which I believe in America he still has the right to do. Sounds pretty petty of Gator fans, IMHO.
i guess i shouldve been clearer as well. Hiding arrest and players like harvin trying to run the team instead of the coaches is what hit a head when he left. You let players run the circus and then when all the bad comes out and the fire cant be put out as easily anymore, u run and make a piss poor excuse to boot. Only to coach another top program in an easier conference to boot. murder, psychos with no respect for coaching etc...is rubbish. We got 2 rings so who cares what was ignored, how it effects the future, and what happens next. I guess Steve did the same since u brought him up. what Murderers and pyschopaths was he covering for back in 96 for that ring.

I mean if u prefer bad coaching of ok players an think thats worse than covering crimes of horrendous magnitude to win, an then leave when the well is dry, then cool.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(01-15-2021, 10:52 AM)jaglyn Wrote: I don't think Meyer ran the Gator program to the ground in 2010. Sure him leaving is what started it but the Gators still had a solid program and was a top 10 team in 2012. I personally put more blame on Foley hiring two guys who were not suited to be coaches at a big time program, and their faults lingered (Muschamp and McElwain didn't know how to put together an offense) for almost a decade.
see above but yea, we did have alot of top talent/spoiled kids wanting to play for a coach like that. Hell Cam seemed like he wouldve enjoyed urbs. dont know why he didnt cover up the laptop like the murder, but tebow was already the star and cam didnt start.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We hired a guy with heart problems and depression to coach the SadSacksonVille Jaguars. Wonderful.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Would have preferred someone with more character. Meh

Tebow can be Chaplain, lord knows Urbs needs his yang.

Saban and Spurrier were amazing in the Pros right?
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(01-14-2021, 09:14 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Easily replaceable..

He’s been molding captivating to replace him

Personally I look forward to the return of NeptuneBeachBum and more content from BushCheney2000, Mikesez really hasn't had enough time to handle their character development and optimize their unique personality characteristics.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-15-2021, 10:57 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: thank you for the link to myers first interview.   my thoughts after watching it. First jags HC i ever heard say he was going to hire a elite stafff, that means a staff of winners. I love how he said they 

will treat the players great,and will grind hard, but surroned the team with great staff to treat the players great.  You can tell he wants to win,,and hates to lose himself. 

do i personnely like the hire at this time, personney i haven't been happy with it.  After watching the interview with him,  I have some hope jags can get better.Myer will have to 

fix what doug broke first.       everyone here knows i didn't like doug as Head Coach from the start cause his loseing record.  

Myer is a proven winner in college football yes, has no NFL expirence at all.         I respect the fact he can win, and he can be firey, and hope he brings that fire to jags. I said for years jags need a firey head coach thats a winner. From what i saw in his college days hes a firey coach. only thing he lacks is NFL expirence.   I stand by what i said before about the firey winning head coach. Jags got that now.     I will give myer a much better chance then i ever gave doug.

what we know for sure is in the NFL hes 0-0 right now.

Astute analysis my friend.

(01-15-2021, 11:08 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 11:00 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I should have been clearer about my original point.  My original point was not that he left the program, or the state of how he left it, but that asinine Gator fans would even have him in the top 3 of a 'most hated list' of coaches; particularly a list that has Charley Pell, Gary Darnell and Jim McElwain as candidates.  Quite frankly, I'd be interested in seeing that list, cause if winning a Natty and leaving the program are the criteria, then Spurrier should be cracking that top 3 as well.  Most schools would revere a coach that brought them championships that weren't later revoked by the NCAA for violations.  And that didnt happen here; all that happened was that a coach decided to move on, which I believe in America he still has the right to do.  Sounds pretty petty of Gator fans, IMHO.
i guess i shouldve been clearer as well.  Hiding arrest and players like harvin trying to run the team instead of the coaches is what hit a head when he left.  You let players run the circus and then when all the bad comes out and the fire cant be put out as easily anymore, u run and make a piss poor excuse to boot.  Only to coach another top program in an easier conference to boot.  murder, psychos with no respect for coaching etc...is rubbish.  We got 2 rings so who cares what was ignored, how it effects the future, and what happens next.  I guess Steve did the same since u brought him up.  what Murderers and pyschopaths was he covering for back in 96 for that ring.  

I mean if u prefer bad coaching of ok players an think thats worse than covering crimes of horrendous magnitude to win, an then leave when the well is dry, then cool.

You should stop watching the NFL and college football then.  Because both orgs are allowing these murderer and psychopaths to run wild.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2021, 11:57 AM by Brett.)

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/stat...0257069056

https://twitter.com/ShopTalkingWigg/stat...7288613890

From BCC:

"At both Texas and the University of Houston, Lovo served as former Texas Head Coach Tom Herman’s right hand man, according to Bruce Feldman. At Houston, Lovo worked directly with their strength, sports medicine, football video, equipment and administrative staffs, according to Texas Sports. In addition to this, Lovo served as the liason between athletics communication and administration, marketing, development, academics, and gameday operations office. Lovo also worked under Meyer at the University of Florida(football operations assistant) and Ohio State University as the Football Operations Coordinator."

Kahn has tried a few strategies as he has been learning the NFL "owner ropes". The track record of him taking a lot of advice of what he should do from many sources has not been good. Hiring Urban may well represent his first decision of doing what he feels needs doing. Maybe he is trying to find lighting in a bottle similar to the hiring of Pete Carroll in Seattle. Remember that Carroll bailed at USC as the poop was hitting the fan to avoid getting any of it on him. I hope it works out well, but wonder if the few years away from the college HC job will have any effect, Carroll went straight away to Seattle without the layoff. Well we have front row seats to see....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

From Ask Vic:

Gerrit from Portugal
What does Urban Meyer offer (the Jaguars) other than a headline name that appeals to college football diehards?

He'll sell tickets in Jacksonville. He'll make the Jaguars a hot ticket and help Shad Khan get that Lot J deal.

(01-15-2021, 11:54 AM)Brett Wrote: https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/stat...0257069056

https://twitter.com/ShopTalkingWigg/stat...7288613890

From BCC:

"At both Texas and the University of Houston, Lovo served as former Texas Head Coach Tom Herman’s right hand man, according to Bruce Feldman. At Houston, Lovo worked directly with their strength, sports medicine, football video, equipment and administrative staffs, according to Texas Sports. In addition to this, Lovo served as the liason between athletics communication and administration, marketing, development, academics, and gameday operations office. Lovo also worked under Meyer at the University of Florida(football operations assistant) and Ohio State University as the Football Operations Coordinator."

As far as I can tell Urban has been running Ohio State and Day is just the puppet coach

Did they release what facilities upgrades and stuff that took so long for them to negotiate?

(01-15-2021, 01:04 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Did they release what facilities upgrades and stuff that took so long for them to negotiate?

Bigger hottubs

(01-15-2021, 10:30 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 10:21 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: I mean to be honest...there's not too much difference. I promise lol.

The one glaring difference is that you don't have to worry about sliding your player a few hundred to buy a pair of sneakers he really want.

Until most players get in their 30s, and are married with a family....I'm sorry to say but their mentality doesn't change much from their college days lol. Except they now have money.

Still the same goofy, entitled, mostly immature guys, they've been since pop Warner.

If you've ever had a chance to be around college and professional players, you know that the talk of Michael Irving, etc., about "You're now dealing with a grown MAN" is all cap. They're the same except for the paycheck and not on campus.
I get u love the guy as HC, i really do.  Can you please stop comparing college accolades with NFL ones tho.  I mean, at least my choices in Eric B and Saleh have proven something at this level.  Urb is still wait an see.  Just hope for all our sake, he at least gives us Chip Kelly success in yr 1 an 2 if anything.  Maybe do a little research about college coaches records when coming to the NFL.  Its not as 2020 as you think and has been tried plenty before with the same optimism instead of going with proven success at this level.  

To be fair, your choices are proven as coordinators. HC is a different beast. YOU would look good as the OC of the Chiefs with Mahomes as QB and Holmgren as coach!

Even listening to his conference, he's here to bring in the best coordinators he can, and he's going to play CEO delegating to his Managers.

(01-14-2021, 09:26 PM)Upper Wrote: I still don't think it's going to be the best hire, but it's the biggest and most exciting so I guess I am past the bargaining phase. Shad said during his day one press conference he wanted a Jaguars game ticket to be the hottest ticket in the league...well a Lawrence and Urban duo is the closest we could come to doing that.

I literally think ticket sales is half of why Shad coveted Urban.

https://twitter.com/ashlynrsullivan/stat...6374248452

Urban and Trevor. Jimmy and Troy. Pete and Russell?????
Mine is bigger.