Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

Or... alternatively, how much of it is the media zeroing in on his personality, tweets, insults, etc.? Pretty sure if the script were flipped, and Trump was a Democrat, not one of his personality quirks would ever be the subject of discussion on the MSM, which would drastically change the public perception of him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-12-2021, 10:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 09:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: Where's the lie?
Also, stop making this personal.

You literally insulted my parents earlier this evening.

No, I literally did not.
I said your parents had surely taught you these things, you had just forgotten.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

“Were supposed to install”...implies they weren’t installed at all, not that he forgot them. Rolleyes
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 10:58 PM by mikesez.)

(01-12-2021, 10:23 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
Here you go again.  Captivating didn't seem to have any trouble understanding the question, but just let me know if you need more help.

How much of the anti-Trump sentiment is based on his actual job performance while in office and how much is based on personality, tweets, insults, etc.?

Question assumes what is not in evidence, as explained.
A big part of the "actual job" is keeping American people happy and feeling like their government is keeping them safe and caring for them.  Starting petty twitter fights with other Americans has the opposite effect.
And the other aspects of the job, that you would presumably like us to focus on instead, he did very little of these.  No landmark legislation but a tax cut.  No new restrictions on abortion.  Suspension of pattern and practice investigations.  Folks still in jail for petty drug convictions. Soon Mexico will have higher fuel economy standards than the US.  Mexico already has universal health care.  This social media section 230 stuff that you guys are concerned about today, he got nothing done about that either.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 11:00 PM by mikesez.)

(01-12-2021, 10:47 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: “Were supposed to install”...implies they weren’t installed at all, not that he forgot them. Rolleyes

If you assume that I don't know his parents, there is no implication.
I merely said that he doesn't have these ethics now, and he should have gotten them long ago. I didn't imply or speculate as to why the ethics didn't take in him.  It's just an insult against him. 

But, you may recall from other threads, I'm actually quite close to his mom, and she insists she taught him that popular doesn't mean good.  She says he used to know but, you know, after college they go their own way. But then she reminds me that we have better things to discuss than a braggadocious bullying middle aged football fan.  I mean, why would I ever want to insult such a generous woman?

Is parental insult a hot button now?

Mine were insulted here recently. I laughed. Nearly started a “Yo mamma so fat...” thread.

(01-12-2021, 11:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Is parental insult a hot button now?

Mine were insulted here recently.  I laughed.  Nearly started a “Yo mamma so fat...” thread.

Did that stick in your craw?

Wanna talk about it?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-12-2021, 10:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 10:23 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Here you go again.  Captivating didn't seem to have any trouble understanding the question, but just let me know if you need more help.

How much of the anti-Trump sentiment is based on his actual job performance while in office and how much is based on personality, tweets, insults, etc.?

Question assumes what is not in evidence, as explained.
A big part of the "actual job" is keeping American people happy and feeling like their government is keeping them safe and caring for them.  Starting petty twitter fights with other Americans has the opposite effect.
And the other aspects of the job, that you would presumably like us to focus on instead, he did very little of these.  No landmark legislation but a tax cut.  No new restrictions on abortion.  Suspension of pattern and practice investigations.  Folks still in jail for petty drug convictions. Soon Mexico will have higher fuel economy standards than the US.  Mexico already has universal health care.  This social media section 230 stuff that you guys are concerned about today, he got nothing done about that either.

The government is not here to keep you happy nor to care for you. Didn't you have parents to teach you the basics of civics?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-12-2021, 10:15 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 08:25 PM)captivating Wrote: Mostly the latter as he hasn't done that much while in office.

Has Mexico paid for the wall yet?

Thank you for the candid response.  Follow up question, if not for his personal conduct, do you believe he would have won re-election?  Had he been a more presidential figure, if not with the charm of Reagan, then say with the humility of Bush, would it have made sufficient difference?

I never expected to see a dime out of Mexico, from the moment he first made the promise during the Primary debates.  I couldn't believe no other candidate or the moderator pursued the obvious question of how.

Absolutely. With a modicum of decorum, he would have romped it in.  Instead, he got sucked into making everything about the lowest common denominator (himself). He seemed so fixated on telling people he was doing a great job rather than doing a good job.

(01-12-2021, 10:23 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
Here you go again.  Captivating didn't seem to have any trouble understanding the question, but just let me know if you need more help.

It's a valid question.  There are people in this country who actually care about character, and most of the outright Trump hate was a direct result of his personality.

Some people, apparently like FSG, will say they don't care about character as long as the job performance is good.  That is also a valid point to have, and there's nothing wrong with that viewpoint.

However, in every business environment there is expected a modicum of candor and respect.  How long would you keep going to a restaurant if the quality of the food was second to none but the waiters employed there insulted you and treated you like crap?  Again, some people would keep attending just for the food, while others would rather starve before being treated like that again.

So, I'll answer it by saying "yes" he would have won and I'll go so far to say that the Republicans would have increased their majority in the senate and at least come close to a majority in the house.  For Trump detractors like myself, the beauty in his loss was that it appeared to be 100% self-inflicted.  The downside was the collateral damage he bestowed upon the Republican party as a whole.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

[Image: 20210116-125534.jpg]
porsche logo

Big Grin 

(01-16-2021, 01:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: 20210116-125534.jpg]
porsche logo

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-16-2021, 05:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Heeerrre they come.

Migrant caravan demands Biden administration 'honors its commitments' | Fox News

Let me try to find my shocked face. I know it’s around here somewhere!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iranian-mi...dian-ocean

Iran ramping up. Get ready for Joel Bidens America.

(01-16-2021, 07:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/world/iranian-mi...dian-ocean

Iran ramping up. Get ready for Joel Bidens America.

As I said before, the Iranians are fully aware Biden will genuflect on their prayer rugs. They achieve an image of power if they saber rattle beforehand so as to make it appear Biden submitted to them out of fear. Biden doesn't care. He's so desperate to reverse Trump's policies that he'll issue an apology too.

I saw this coming a mile away. Never, ever mix politics and business.

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says products were dropped from major retailers after voter fraud claims (msn.com)

(01-20-2021, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I saw this coming a mile away. Never, ever mix politics and business.

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says products were dropped from major retailers after voter fraud claims (msn.com)

Now I know what gifts I will be ordering for people from now on. We love ours.

Trump left the WH without being dragged out by the military. What will the liberals worry about next?

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021, 10:18 AM by Lucky2Last.)

Luckily, the evil, fascist dictator leaves voluntarily after claiming he was cheated out of winning the election. We dodged a bullet. Only the steadfast bravery of the media kept him from following through with his real plans. Now we'll bite our nails to see if Biden makes it through his inauguration without the military turning on him. This is assuming that the giant, right wing militias aren't going to overtake all 50 capitols and DC simultaneously before Biden even gets a chance to unite the country. Hopefully ANTIFA will turn out to slow down the attacks and keep things peaceful, but that's a tall order since they are just an idea.

We are so fortunate to have an intelligence community that works so closely with journalists to only share real threats and be such a calming presence in an otherwise chaotic world. Our media has learned so much over these last four years about holding politicians accountable, which means that an absence of bad news must certainly be a direct reflection of the honesty and diligence of our newly elected leaders. We are so fortunate to be living in such exciting and progressive times.

One can only hope that China and Iran forgive our past transgressions so we can move forward in a world where all world leaders work together for the common good of humanity and forgo enriching themselves like the evil Donald Trump.