Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(01-27-2021, 01:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 01:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know many, many people who smoke weed and they never go to anything harder. They just stick with their bud. Weed is only a gateway drug to the weak minded. You have to be pretty messed up to want to put battery acid, anhydrous ammonia (farm fertilizer) and drain cleaner in your body. That's just three of the ingredients in meth.

Have you looked around lately? There are plenty of weak minded people in this country. I know folks who stuck with weed and they're fine. I know others who started with weed then went the way of meth or prescription drugs. A handful of them are dead, including a family member. Also, the drug pushers saw how much they could make on pot so they upped the ante with meth. 

And the tyranny I speak of isn't just getting people hooked on pot or meth, it's everything else the legalization of pot has brought to the state. The Russian mob has taken up residence, skyrocketing real estate prices, drug houses in typical suburban neighborhoods, county employees who now have to suit up in hazmat suits to pick up garbage bags tossed out of vehicles full of trash that contain meth related paraphernalia, cattle ranchers losing outbuildings in pastures that are on a rotating schedule to people who come in and use them as meth labs and the ranchers find out long after the meth heads are gone. 

Not to mention the influx of people who move there for the pot with no real plan for a job, or they find out the job they thought they had (say a trucking company or UPS) doesn't allow drivers to smoke. So now you have a bunch of unemployed and/or underemployed people living off the state and federal government or are homeless. 

I could go on.

There has always been weak minded people and there always will be. It was that way before they legalized pot. Weed is no different than alcohol. We didn't make alcohol illegal, because some people become alcoholics. We don't ban all guns, because some people go on shooting sprees. I totally believe in legalization of weed. It brings in tax dollars. It takes it out of the hands of criminals and it is heavily regulated by the state. It is so much safer than getting it off the street where it could be laced with anything. There are so many benefits to the legalization and decriminalization of weed. Responsible people handle it and irresponsible people cannot. That is true of almost everything. It's just human nature and that will never change. It's a far stretch to even associate weed and meth. The vast majority of people who recreationally smoke pot, never try meth. A small group of them do, but they are in the minority and I never believed in punishing the entire group for the actions of a few.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-27-2021, 02:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 01:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Have you looked around lately? There are plenty of weak minded people in this country. I know folks who stuck with weed and they're fine. I know others who started with weed then went the way of meth or prescription drugs. A handful of them are dead, including a family member. Also, the drug pushers saw how much they could make on pot so they upped the ante with meth. 

And the tyranny I speak of isn't just getting people hooked on pot or meth, it's everything else the legalization of pot has brought to the state. The Russian mob has taken up residence, skyrocketing real estate prices, drug houses in typical suburban neighborhoods, county employees who now have to suit up in hazmat suits to pick up garbage bags tossed out of vehicles full of trash that contain meth related paraphernalia, cattle ranchers losing outbuildings in pastures that are on a rotating schedule to people who come in and use them as meth labs and the ranchers find out long after the meth heads are gone. 

Not to mention the influx of people who move there for the pot with no real plan for a job, or they find out the job they thought they had (say a trucking company or UPS) doesn't allow drivers to smoke. So now you have a bunch of unemployed and/or underemployed people living off the state and federal government or are homeless. 

I could go on.

There has always been weak minded people and there always will be. It was that way before they legalized pot. Weed is no different than alcohol. We didn't make alcohol illegal, because some people become alcoholics. We don't ban all guns, because some people go on shooting sprees. I totally believe in legalization of weed. It brings in tax dollars. It takes it out of the hands of criminals and it is heavily regulated by the state. It is so much safer than getting it off the street where it could be laced with anything. There are so many benefits to the legalization and decriminalization of weed. Responsible people handle it and irresponsible people cannot. That is true of almost everything. It's just human nature and that will never change. It's a far stretch to even associate weed and meth. The vast majority of people who recreationally smoke pot, never try meth. A small group of them do, but they are in the minority and I never believed in punishing the entire group for the actions of a few.

I also question the intelligence of someone who moves to a state just because weed is legal.  That, in itself, is a huge question mark.  I'm really curious how much that happens.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-27-2021, 02:30 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 02:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There has always been weak minded people and there always will be. It was that way before they legalized pot. Weed is no different than alcohol. We didn't make alcohol illegal, because some people become alcoholics. We don't ban all guns, because some people go on shooting sprees. I totally believe in legalization of weed. It brings in tax dollars. It takes it out of the hands of criminals and it is heavily regulated by the state. It is so much safer than getting it off the street where it could be laced with anything. There are so many benefits to the legalization and decriminalization of weed. Responsible people handle it and irresponsible people cannot. That is true of almost everything. It's just human nature and that will never change. It's a far stretch to even associate weed and meth. The vast majority of people who recreationally smoke pot, never try meth. A small group of them do, but they are in the minority and I never believed in punishing the entire group for the actions of a few.

I also question the intelligence of someone who moves to a state just because weed is legal.  That, in itself, is a huge question mark.  I'm really curious how much that happens.

I have family members that moved to Colorado precisely for that reason.  One of my nephews was able to transfer to a new location with the same company in Colorado Springs and his wife picked up employment when they moved there.  They are what I call "flower children" born a few decades late.  My other nephew is still trying to find gainful employment (he his having a hard time finding a place that doesn't do a drug screen).  Luckily his wife doesn't smoke pot and is a registered nurse so she is the "bread winner" of their family.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-27-2021, 05:21 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

You mean to tell me I need to get a shot 2 million times to get vaccinated?  Funny to laugh at, he’s clearly not there, but if you make it 300m instead of 300 it does come out right...  not to stick up for the guy anything

(01-27-2021, 02:30 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 02:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There has always been weak minded people and there always will be. It was that way before they legalized pot. Weed is no different than alcohol. We didn't make alcohol illegal, because some people become alcoholics. We don't ban all guns, because some people go on shooting sprees. I totally believe in legalization of weed. It brings in tax dollars. It takes it out of the hands of criminals and it is heavily regulated by the state. It is so much safer than getting it off the street where it could be laced with anything. There are so many benefits to the legalization and decriminalization of weed. Responsible people handle it and irresponsible people cannot. That is true of almost everything. It's just human nature and that will never change. It's a far stretch to even associate weed and meth. The vast majority of people who recreationally smoke pot, never try meth. A small group of them do, but they are in the minority and I never believed in punishing the entire group for the actions of a few.

I be curious to know the percentages;  how many stay exclusively with pot and how many move on to something harder, be it meth or anything else.

In addition to those moving permanently into weed-legal states, I wonder how much college applications rose?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-27-2021, 08:08 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 02:30 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I also question the intelligence of someone who moves to a state just because weed is legal.  That, in itself, is a huge question mark.  I'm really curious how much that happens.
I be curious to know the percentages;  how many stay exclusively with pot and how many move on to something harder, be it meth or anything else.

In addition to those moving permanently into weed-legal states, I wonder how much college applications rose?

I agree with Rico.  Anyone that moves cross country to smoke weed legally certainly doesn’t have their priorities in order.  I too would question their intelligence.  

I’d also be curious to know the numbers that your wondering about.  Part of me thinks if you’re packing up to smoke weed, then you’d be immature and susceptible to other harder drugs.  Other part says they’re just hard core weedies.  Pot smokers (at least the younger generation and especially gamers) just feel the need to flaunt it.  I can’t fathom why.  Either way, I don’t get it.

Not all pot users are recreational. There are those who smoke it for legit medicinal purposes (they're called marijuana refugees) so it's fair to say not everyone who moved there did so because they're potheads. Those who move for medical reasons often don't research enough and don't realize until they're already out there that it's not as simple as going to a pot store and getting what you need because recreational and legit medicinal pot are very different so they may not even get what they uprooted their lives for.

I smoked the stuff twice in my life and it did nothing except knock me out for 12 hours. The best sleep I've ever had in my life but I can't waste literally half of a day sleeping.

I'm not arguing over whether or not pot should be legal, or how meth plays into any of it, I was giving a point of view from people who actually live there and are affected by what legalizing pot and the rise in meth use has done to neighborhoods, towns and cities in Colorado. I reckon if this discussion continues it should get its own thread.

(01-27-2021, 11:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Not all pot users are recreational. There are those who smoke it for legit medicinal purposes (they're called marijuana refugees) so it's fair to say not everyone who moved there did so because they're potheads. Those who move for medical reasons often don't research enough and don't realize until they're already out there that it's not as simple as going to a pot store and getting what you need because recreational and legit medicinal pot are very different so they may not even get what they uprooted their lives for.

I smoked the stuff twice in my life and it did nothing except knock me out for 12 hours. The best sleep I've ever had in my life but I can't waste literally half of a day sleeping.

I'm not arguing over whether or not pot should be legal, or how meth plays into any of it, I was giving a point of view from people who actually live there and are affected by what legalizing pot and the rise in meth use has done to neighborhoods, towns and cities in Colorado. I reckon if this discussion continues it should get its own thread.

Agree 100%. Some people who suffer chronic pain, seizures or several other serious ailments need it for legit medical purposes. I can see packing up and moving to a weed friendly area, if you have a legit medical issue and live in an overly conservative state where any type of pot use is still illegal. Packing up and moving your entire life to another state, just because you like weed though, is completely stupid. 

It effects different people in different ways. Unlike alcohol though, I have yet to see any stoner get violent. I've been around several people though, that once they get some alcohol in them they get mean and wanna fight everybody. I hate violent drunks. I've been told when I used to drink or smoke I got giggly, goofy and start laughing at everything. It's been a long time ago though, especially alcohol. I haven't drank in about 20 some years. 

I live in a rural area and we don't really have a meth problem here. It's more black tar heroin. The stuff is cheap and apparently gets you very high. I don't get why anyone would want to try any hard drugs. To me, if it doesn't grow natural, you shouldn't mess with it. We will get the occasional thief that will empty local farmer's anhydrous ammonia tanks or steal old car and tractor batteries that they have laying around to make a batch of meth, but for the most part, the problem around here is heroin.

We went from “two weeks to flatten the curve” to “wear three masks and get your anus swabbed.”

(01-28-2021, 08:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We went from “two weeks to flatten the curve” to “wear three masks and get your anus swabbed.”

Or as Mikesez calls it,  "The Friday Night Special"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-28-2021, 08:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We went from “two weeks to flatten the curve” to “wear three masks and get your anus swabbed.”

Wait what?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-28-2021, 12:24 PM)copycat Wrote:

Wait what?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/j...tion-areas
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Does this mean he has to give back his Emmy?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-unde...te-ag-says

(01-28-2021, 01:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 12:24 PM)copycat Wrote: Wait what?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/j...tion-areas

Not in this timeline or any parallel universe will someone probe my butthole for anything not related to colon cancer.

(01-28-2021, 06:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 01:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/j...tion-areas

Not in this timeline or any parallel universe will someone probe my butthole for anything not related to colon cancer.
The worst part of a colonoscopy is the prep.  So consider this just a rim job.

(01-28-2021, 08:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We went from “two weeks to flatten the curve” to “wear three masks and get your anus swabbed.

Rather than waste time training new staff, the government will be using IRS auditors to perform the exam.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Did a Africa country lab develop this more lethal variant that is in South Carolina

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 09:59 PM by Lucky2Last.)

quote='Sneakers' pid='1358370' dateline='1611881925']
(01-28-2021, 08:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We went from “two weeks to flatten the curve” to “wear three masks and get your anus swabbed.

Rather than waste time training new staff, the government will be using IRS auditors to perform the exam.
[/quote]

Bend over... and while you're at it, we'll test for covid.

[Image: 20210128-210918.jpg]